Canine Security in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canine Security in Florida

What certification, licensing, other is required to work with a dog in Florida?
    Booth

Are you looking to do this work on your own, or with an already established company?
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

The company providing security services must hold a Class B license.

The handler must have a Class D license to provide security or guard services.

There are no requirements nor regulation of guard dog services in Florida, other than a company providing security services must be licensed.

Florida Statutes provides that any dangerous animal being transported in a motor vehicle must have the words: DANGER BAD DOG in no less than two inch print on the vehicle transporting. (This is why police K9 units will put DANGER BAD DOG on their trucks/cars, in case the animal is an aggressive protection K9)
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
        Are you looking to do this work on your own, or with an already established company?
        If you mean "in-house," then its permissible. If someone attempts to "rent out" or otherwise "provide security services," even guard dog services, they must be licensed in the State of Florida (Class B), and the handlers must be licensed with a Class D license as humans providing security services. The dogs themselves are not regulated in Florida.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Thanks, I was wondering why I couldn't find anything on how dogs were regulated.
          Booth

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            Florida Statutes provides that any dangerous animal being transported in a motor vehicle must have the words: DANGER BAD DOG in no less than two inch print on the vehicle transporting.
            That's gotta be a morale killer...

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
              That's gotta be a morale killer...
              Why? The dog can't read.
              "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

^^^LOL^^^ rofl
                THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Originally posted by gixxer32404 View Post
                  ^^^LOL^^^ rofl
                  Holy thread necro, batman!
                  "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

^^ well i'm running out of new threads.
                    THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                      police K9 units will put DANGER BAD DOG on their trucks/cars
                      WTF?! Florida fails yet again...

Comment

If I was a K9 officer, I would elect to put that on my car.
                        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Keep in mind, this isn't some rule about police K9s. Its a general law about any dangerous dog.

The DANGER BAD DOG is designed to be simple wording that allows a child to understand that the dog is "bad," and they should not approach it. Children can be stupid, and want to pet dogs that will eat them.

Comment

Does this wording go on the vehicle only, or do you have to put a vest on the dog that states it as well?

I'm interested to know this would work with canines in hospitals, since a lot of them are used for therapy.
                            sigpic

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil" - Doug Patton

Comment

This works fine for us.....

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X