Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Discuss This Again...

- About 5 years ago I made a thread that was regrettably deleted(((

- My proposal was a form of damage control which may serve to enhance security staffing & employment opportunities

- The nature of the procedure makes it seemingly dishonest however it's anything but

- So hear me out everybody:

- You [security company] instruct a person to enter a business premises with a plan to stir up a complaint, like poor customer service for example

- When the business refuses to accommodate their request, they're to create a verbal disturbance, using veiled threats if appropriate/feasible

- Do not use real or serious-sounding threats: ex. "I'm gonna kill you!" or "I'll shoot/blow this place up!"

- Once they order your operative out &/or threaten to call police, they are to vacate immediately

- Once they are safely off the premises, have your company's sales rep approach them with a security plan in mind to avert such occurrences in the future

- A more extreme version is to pass a phony note to the bank teller but as somebody mentioned in the previous thread, be very careful as it could entail federal time

- As such it would be helpful in the above to be in cahoots with the law enforcement in some way

- These are all actual, real-life occurrences that can happen at anytime: I'm only suggesting taking measures before they happen for real

- So what do you think team?

Just read your local news regularly & look at crime stats for your area - plenty of legit cold call opportunities for businesses that need security without the smarminess. I'm too tired from my last shift to find the term for what you are proposing, but it's like releasing a jar of ants in the play yard of a daycare, then asking the owner if he would like exterminator services.

Comment

Originally posted by The Enforcer View Post
      - About 5 years ago I made a thread that was regrettably deleted(((

- My proposal was a form of damage control which may serve to enhance security staffing & employment opportunities

- The nature of the procedure makes it seemingly dishonest however it's anything but

- So hear me out everybody:

- You [security company] instruct a person to enter a business premises with a plan to stir up a complaint, like poor customer service for example

- When the business refuses to accommodate their request, they're to create a verbal disturbance, using veiled threats if appropriate/feasible

- Do not use real or serious-sounding threats: ex. "I'm gonna kill you!" or "I'll shoot/blow this place up!"

- Once they order your operative out &/or threaten to call police, they are to vacate immediately

- Once they are safely off the premises, have your company's sales rep approach them with a security plan in mind to avert such occurrences in the future

- A more extreme version is to pass a phony note to the bank teller but as somebody mentioned in the previous thread, be very careful as it could entail federal time

- As such it would be helpful in the above to be in cahoots with the law enforcement in some way

- These are all actual, real-life occurrences that can happen at anytime: I'm only suggesting taking measures before they happen for real

- So what do you think team?
      All will result in negative responses. Not a smart business plan.

Comment

I would report you to your State's licensing division.
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
          I would report you to your State's licensing division.
          Unless the security company is too loose-lipped about this, the case against them would be weak

Comment

I'm anything but a lawyer, however, I'm almost positive that there is SOMETHING about this that's probably against some law or ordinance. Also, if/when the public finds out about this scheme, the negative publicity will leave your company belly up. At a minimum, there's some level of dishonesty with this. I wouldn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Enforcer View Post

Unless the security company is too loose-lipped about this, the case against them would be weak
              You've heard of subpoena power?
              Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
              Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post

You've heard of subpoena power?
                What would be grounds for a subpoena?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X