Most outrageous thing you've been asked to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most outrageous thing you've been asked to do

Every security job I've worked has not been just security - there's always been overlap with maintenance and janitorial, as well as some clerical work. My current position is reaching the point where Security is really going to have to focus on just security - and the other departments are going to have to stop looking to us to fill in their gaps.

I have no problems carrying a bag of groceries for a little old lady on an icy day. Likewise, I don't mind vacuuming the office lobby at 4:00am when it is slow. I draw the line at moving furniture up 4 flights of staiis because your lazy office staff won't do it. When I was at the condos I had to explain to a resident that while I sympathized with them about the leak in their ceiling, I was not going to tarp off the roof by myself on a rainy, windy night. (I would have been violating state regulations as well as company policy.)

So, what's the most outrageous thing a client or customer has asked you to do on the job? Did you do it? (And let's keep it rated PG. I heard some pretty wild stories on one job that were not appropriate for here.)
    Last edited by Condo Guard; 02-03-2021, 07:48 PM.

Had to sail on the bosses boat from Miami to USVI. I didn’t mind so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Horn View Post
      Had to sail on the bosses boat from Miami to USVI. I didn’t mind so much.
      That sounds fantastic! Good for you.
      Bitter clinger to my guns and religion....

"When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country."--Andrew Jackson

Psychological Operations: Because physical wounds heal.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X