Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being a Security Officer isn't easy

https://www.ifpo.org/wp-content/uplo...1-6-23-2020.pd

From the IFPO - as a guy who has been in and out of this industry for a few decades, nothing really new here. The topic that was interesting to me was the need for more CPTED in conjunction with a regular security patrol. Using natural light and eliminating shadows / hiding spots at night is one of those common sense things that I've seen neglected on too many sites.

CPTED is more critical than ever. With COVID-19 companies are understaffed and looking to cut costs. Unfortunately, things like letting the landscaping go, not repairing fences and not replacing burned out lights in a timely manner only puts facilities at risk.

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post

CPTED is more critical than ever. With COVID-19 companies are understaffed and looking to cut costs. Unfortunately, things like letting the landscaping go, not repairing fences and not replacing burned out lights in a timely manner only puts facilities at risk.
    Having worked at sites with numerous environmental hazards that were documented and were ignored until problems happened. This was during good times I could only imagine how things are during the pandemic. Security has always been considered either an unnecessary expense or a shield of liability from litigation. The need for security hitting businesses that did not have a previous need for them to have it has stretched budgets in down economic times does lead to some things being overlooked. Document and deal with is all I can tell you do.
    Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
    Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

Comment

Document them, and if they don't get fixed and someone gets hurt you're not responsible, either morally or legally.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X