Jessica Simpson Mall Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davis002
    Why is everyone so quick to judge when we don't even know all the facts?

If you noticed, the video started somewhere in the middle of this circus. I am willing to bet alot more footage exists that we haven't seen. The video starts with the mall security shouting out commands... do you think this was an accident?

Nathan is very correct... they are not their to protect Jessica Simpson. For all we know, they were focused on getting the cameras out of the mall since the vast majority of malls have policies against unauthorized camera use. In fact at 2:08 you can hear one of the officers say "This is private property, no cameras in here."

I agree that the whole thing could of been handled better, but I am willing to bet this was a last-minute thing. Anyways, now we can go back to making assumption after assumption and critiquing every second of this 3-minute video. All I know is Jessica Simpson wasn't hurt, nor even touched from what I could see... so it couldn't have been that terrible.
    Thank you for summarizing exactly what I was about to write.

Comment

Why is everyone so quick to judge when we don't even know all the facts?

If you noticed, the video started somewhere in the middle of this circus. I am willing to bet alot more footage exists that we haven't seen. The video starts with the mall security shouting out commands... do you think this was an accident?

Nathan is very correct... they are not their to protect Jessica Simpson. For all we know, they were focused on getting the cameras out of the mall since the vast majority of malls have policies against unauthorized camera use. In fact at 2:08 you can hear one of the officers say "This is private property, no cameras in here."

I agree that the whole thing could of been handled better, but I am willing to bet this was a last-minute thing. Anyways, now we can go back to making assumption after assumption and critiquing every second of this 3-minute video. All I know is Jessica Simpson wasn't hurt, nor even touched from what I could see... so it couldn't have been that terrible.
      You can only comment on what you see. What happen before and after the taping is anyones guess. Everyone that "watched" the video is speaking on what they "seen" not what they "assume".

We all can go back and forth for the rest of the year on this subject. You have to ask yourself, if you were a mall owner, security director and viewed this 3 minute clip, would you be happy with it?

We all know how most security companies are. You get hired, shown your work site for a couple days and the rest is on you.

Like I said before, theres always that back hallway
      "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD
        You can only comment on what you see. What happen before and after the taping is anyones guess. Everyone that "watched" the video is speaking on what they "seen" not what they "assume".

We all can go back and forth for the rest of the year on this subject. You have to ask yourself, if you were a mall owner, security director and viewed this 3 minute clip, would you be happy with it?
        I could comment on a 3-minute clip all day long, but that wouldn't make any of my comments accurate. I've learned a long time ago that videos such as these only show a fraction of the incident and may be very misleading.

If the cameramen were rolling tape the whole time, why does the video not start until the security officers are stating "Don't do that again," or "You're going to try that again?" or something to that effect? It appears as if the paparazzi had already initiated some kind of adverse action.

What I saw was the security officers apprehending some obviously disorderly paparazzi. I don't see any problems with how the security officers handled the situation, even if it may not be the most "PR-friendly" way.

Comment

Why is everyone so quick to judge when we don't even know all the facts?.
          I judged my two comments on exactly what I saw, and nothing less.

One guy, being taken down and cuffed. Everyone helped with the TD, but as soon as he was on the ground, everyone but the primary officer backed off. No handcuffs were on, and the officer only had control of one hand, yet all his partners backed way up. Good thing the other hand wasn't reaching for a knife.

Comment

their was a big celebrity that came to the mall i worked at few months back and just about 70% of the mall customers were trying to take photos/talk/shake his hand/etc with him. normally, we dont allow cameras and whatnot, but we let it slide because we had other things to worry about. if we were to enforce that rule, it would've turned out just like this. thank got it didnt

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X