Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soper
    replied
    Just give everyone the Mayors home address and tell them they have the right to protest at his door, which they do.

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    The corporate stores in our complex have now hired private armed security, and these guys are serious. Seattle, once again, chooses to be politically correct: the mayor announced a curfew that will not be enforced (unless you're looting- maybe), the homeless are exempt, and the National Guard is unarmed. So the point of having a citywide curfew that is optional is what, exactly? The arrests mean nothing - the city and county prosecutors generally don't push forward property crime cases.

I truly feel bad for the Seattle Police - their chief & and the mayor just blah blah blah while the city burns and businesses already struggling are destroyed. And thanks to you armed S/Os - you guys have made my job as an unarmed S/O much safer.

Leave a comment:

• Jim1348
    replied
    Several people have told me that local Minnesota news media have security details going around with them during the riots this week.

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    Armed security does it right in Seattle:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/video-...=cheats&via=rs

A security officer for one of the local TV stations drew his pistol and took away an AR-15 from a rioter that was stolen out of a police car. (if the link is no good just Google "Seattle guard disarms rioter with AR-15.")

Leave a comment:

• Jim1348
    replied
    Originally posted by The Enforcer View Post
    I only hope that what happened won't lead to disarming security in the long or short run in fear of something similar taking place. Or prohibiting guards from going hands-on when necessary...
    In all honesty, private, contract security is probably the furthest thing from the minds of the Minnesota Legislature right now.

On the other hand, places that desperately NEED armed security, like the Minnesota State Capitol, probably will be looked at a bit closer. Minnesota is one of the few states that does NOT have sworn officers at their state capitol. Sure, there are a few State Troopers assigned there, but mainly it is unarmed security officers that are employed by the State of Minnesota. If there were ever a time in the 200 plus year history of the State of Minnesota to arm their Capitol Security, it is now. It, obviously, can't happen overnight. However, in the coming weeks and months ahead, when the Legislature is back in session, either in person, or virtually, it will be a topic of discussion. What they have done in the past no longer works, It is time for change.

Leave a comment:

• The Enforcer
    replied
    I only hope that what happened won't lead to disarming security in the long or short run in fear of something similar taking place. Or prohibiting guards from going hands-on when necessary.

It's bad enough many police depts. have enacted no-chase policies b/c of similar crap in the past.

& Floyd, the guy killed, committed an armed home invasion in '07. So he was lucky to have stuck around 4 as long as he did anyhow.

I'm sure his victim is glad she finally got some real justice for her troubles. Armed robbery=rope, ideally.

With that in mind, it was definitely a short-sighted, career ending decision on Officer Chauvin's part to have acted as he did.

Unfortunately for him, the best to hope for now is a plea bargain for manslaughter.

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    Don't know much about Minnesota, but if those business owners weren't struggling already, they're lost now. There are a lot of issues here; I just hope this doesn't turn into hate for everybody in a uniform.

As much as I don't like Don Lemon of CNN, he may be right - we have two viruses in this country, and 400 years of racism (real and perceived) & its effects aren't going to fade away any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• Photos: Rioting Turns Violent, Numerous Businesses Burned In South Minneapolis

If anybody on here is looking for work in Minneapolis, this might be a very opportune time right now!

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...th-minneapolis

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X