Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Related Content

Hey guys, hope you all having an outstanding Valentine's day lol

​​​​​​Just wanted to ask you all if you'd watch and review my content on YouTube. I make Security and military related videos. I would really appreciate the feedback. Thank you all!

https://youtu.be/0A6kgcCeESg

Excellent! In six minutes you boiled down all the issues that we've talked about here for years, and in long paragraphs. I agree with you - the road to advancement is either getting into management, or being specialized. Door rattling and writing up broken equipment are not in and of themselves career skills; you have to get training and be competent to get ahead. Positive attitude and showing management you are reliable and an asset to the company gets you ahead.

As far as the industry as a whole, I have a wait and see attitude. We have an interesting trend going on here on the West Coast, in which major cities have given up on controlling crimes below felony assault. (And even then they mostly do catch and release - which is why downtown Seattle recently looked like Syria, with gang members with 65 arrests between them had a shoot out at rush hour.)

What I'm seeing is what you described. Some clients go cheap and pay for low level security guards that are just breathing scarecrows in a uniform. Other businesses are hiring security professionals to be proactive and protect their property and customers from increasing threats.

Comment

And that’s never going to change.

Comment

Not as long as states don't take their licensing requirements seriously and enforce them. Insurance companies would be another logical pressure point on the industry, but most don't require industries and businesses to have anything other than a warm body holding a clipboard to be insured or get a discount.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
          Excellent! In six minutes you boiled down all the issues that we've talked about here for years, and in long paragraphs. I agree with you - the road to advancement is either getting into management, or being specialized. Door rattling and writing up broken equipment are not in and of themselves career skills; you have to get training and be competent to get ahead. Positive attitude and showing management you are reliable and an asset to the company gets you ahead.

As far as the industry as a whole, I have a wait and see attitude. We have an interesting trend going on here on the West Coast, in which major cities have given up on controlling crimes below felony assault. (And even then they mostly do catch and release - which is why downtown Seattle recently looked like Syria, with gang members with 65 arrests between them had a shoot out at rush hour.)

What I'm seeing is what you described. Some clients go cheap and pay for low level security guards that are just breathing scarecrows in a uniform. Other businesses are hiring security professionals to be proactive and protect their property and customers from increasing threats.
          Thank you so much for the feedback! 🙏
          i recently got into executive protection and it's been a blessing for me. Prior to that I was working as a field supervisor and it was a lot of fun doing that. I've enjoyed my time in security and I've also had scary moments.
          The current conditions in California have opened up doors for very professional small companies. One in particular is called black knight patrol, a veteran owned company. Clients are getting tired of the growing homelessness crisis and crime, and the bigger companies are too big to focus on proper training for individual guards, so small businesses are starting to take the spotlight.
          Now that I work EP and I am exposed to different areas in the county, I realize how wide the industry has grown, specially Security patrol. It seems like it's booming.

Comment

Hey Guys!

My name is Brenda and I am with American private Security Academy located in Glendale California.

We have a private security company along with a Training Academy for security guards. Or anyone interested in getting their guard card or firearms permit.

We offer discounts to active and retired peace officers.

We do same day processing and we have Live Scan services available for the general public.
            Last edited by APSA; 03-12-2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X