Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What technologies have had the most impact on guard effieciency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What technologies have had the most impact on guard effieciency?

As we round the corner into the new decade, various media sources are doing their summaries of the last ten years. I haven't seen a lot of change in guard services (unfortunately), but the technology has definitely made a difference. My two choices for biggest impact are the smart phone and camera technology. The days of having to drive around with a map or watch the news to find out what the weather is going to be are long gone. While they can be a distraction, I very much appreciate being able to take photos or video on the scene and text or face time a supervisor when there is a serious situation.

Camera technology has improved, and the costs have come down. I honestly don't understand why more companies don't invest in quality systems - there really isn't any reason for the grainy, out of focus images you see on the local news - a decent system with good memory storage will get you sharp suspect photos most of the time (weather, lighting & fast motion are still factors, but not like they used to be). Having a clear photo of suspects makes finding and prosecuting them so much easier now.

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
    As we round the corner into the new decade, various media sources are doing their summaries of the last ten years. I haven't seen a lot of change in guard services (unfortunately), but the technology has definitely made a difference. My two choices for biggest impact are the smart phone and camera technology. The days of having to drive around with a map or watch the news to find out what the weather is going to be are long gone. While they can be a distraction, I very much appreciate being able to take photos or video on the scene and text or face time a supervisor when there is a serious situation.

Camera technology has improved, and the costs have come down. I honestly don't understand why more companies don't invest in quality systems - there really isn't any reason for the grainy, out of focus images you see on the local news - a decent system with good memory storage will get you sharp suspect photos most of the time (weather, lighting & fast motion are still factors, but not like they used to be). Having a clear photo of suspects makes finding and prosecuting them so much easier now.
    I would agree with the smartphone as being the biggest impact overall as the change in technology affecting the security industry. My second choice would be the utilization of GPS technology becoming more and more prevalent. With guards using Smartphones as audio and video devices and GPS is keeping tabs on the movement of the guards. The days of mechanical Detex clocks with hard to find keys in the dark are being replaced with metal bar codes that are stuck to areas to promote guard movement and it is all done through a smartphone. The requirement of now owning a smartphone for security work the infrastructure of having multiple offices to cover different areas is no longer needed. If the phone apps are done right you could manage most of the requirements from a laptop and meet the clients on-site. With Direct deposit just digitally cut the checks and have a service mail out the pay stubs. Just like Charlie with his angles A security company could be almost run with minimal management if structured correctly. The next decade is going to prove who can adapt to using technology to cut cost to increase profit margins. With this business model, I would suspect that on-call contractors would be commonplace in the next few years.
    Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
    Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
    Working...
    X