Black band for badges protocol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black band for badges protocol

Thankfully have not had to deal with this recently, but curious for future reference. I know security is not required to wear the black band over the badge when a police officer is slain; it appears to be a company by company policy. Two companies I worked for passed them out when a local officer was killed; we wore them until the funeral or for 30 days, if I remember right. Is there an "official" policy on this?

I've also seen the new mourning bands have a blue stripe - is that just for law enforcement? Thanks in advance for any info.

Security wearing black bands to mourn the respect of a police officer seems a little "wannabe-ish" to me, to be honest.

Comment

Agreed. In the one case we had guys working for us that had family members in the affected department; in the other case it was just the guards that worked in the city where it happened. I would never personally wear a blue stripe one ( for the same reason I don't have a blue stripe American flag) - I'm not a cop and I don't have any family currently in law enforcement.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X