Clear All

• SF_Security Officer
    replied
    Glock 17 and occasionally my Sig SP2022 both in 9mm

Leave a comment:

• SoCalGuard
    replied
    Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
    SoCal, after the same discussion with a co-worker, I'm inclined to agree. Times have changed and so have the threats. I'm not looking at anything less than 9mm at this point.

I loved my .380 because I could hit the "B" on a Budweiser can with consistent accuracy. Unfortunately, the only threat I face from a beer can is damage to my waistline.
    Its also true that a well placed shot to center mass in .380 is much better than a miss with 9mm. Can't miss enough to stop a bad guy.

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    SoCal, after the same discussion with a co-worker, I'm inclined to agree. Times have changed and so have the threats. I'm not looking at anything less than 9mm at this point.

I loved my .380 because I could hit the "B" on a Budweiser can with consistent accuracy. Unfortunately, the only threat I face from a beer can is damage to my waistline.
    Last edited by Condo Guard; 11-26-2019, 03:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalGuard
    replied
    Glock 45 for on-duty carry and Glock 48 for off-duty.

I think reliability and safety are the primary considerations for carry, but I have issues with anything with less penetration power than a 9mm. Condo Guard, I think you may want to reconsider the .380 due to the low power factor with that round.

Leave a comment:

• Cobbdiesel
    replied
    Originally posted by mindstealer View Post
    My current service weapon is a Sig Sauer P226 Tacops. It gives me greater capacity than most Glocks with all of the reliability.
    I considered the Sig 226 at one time but after using a Glock for so long I decided I don't care for a safety or decocker lever (too much to think about LOL)

My personal EDC is a S&W M&P shield also without a safety. My woman has the same gun and hers has a safety which she likes

Leave a comment:

• mindstealer
    replied
    My current service weapon is a Sig Sauer P226 Tacops. It gives me greater capacity than most Glocks with all of the reliability.

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied
    Nope. Just reality.

Leave a comment:

• The Enforcer
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post

im sure we will see you charged very soon.
    Always with the sour grapes & negativity, you

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied
    Originally posted by The Enforcer View Post

I mean I'm mainly working armed now, 2 ur chagrin, lol

im sure we will see you charged very soon.

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    Ah, firearms - the "third rail" issue of security and police forums. I will admit a small bias in regards to Glocks - when they first came out they were over hyped; I also think a lot of security guards favor them because the police do. (Not that its wrong, just that we may face different scenarios.)

If I worked in gang territory, I would go for reliable and a high capacity option, and the Glocks fit that. Other jobs require something more low key; six shots w/ a back up mag is fine. The big thing is find something that fits you. Years ago I had a Star .380 - that was far and away one of the best firearms I ever owned, despite not being a "famous" brand.

Leave a comment:

• The Enforcer
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post

I’m praying you don’t carry a firearm, or any weapon, at work or at any time.
    I mean I'm mainly working armed now, 2 ur chagrin, lol

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied
    Originally posted by The Enforcer View Post

Prefer 2 have a safety switch on my weapon just 2 idiot-proof myself )

Don't know too much about firearms - but my own, as long as u maintenance it properly, works like a charm. Almost 3 years I had it now.

I’m praying you don’t carry a firearm, or any weapon, at work or at any time.

Leave a comment:

• The Enforcer
    replied
    Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
    Well, in that case...my kubaton. But seriously, its interesting Enforcer mentions the Ruger, because that's what I was looking at as my personal weapon. (I have to get my CCP renewed, but that's a pretty easy process.)

Glocks (9mm) are the predominant choice here in Pacific NW for armed security, especially in the areas south of Seattle where you see a lot of gang activity.
    Prefer 2 have a safety switch on my weapon just 2 idiot-proof myself )

Don't know too much about firearms - but my own, as long as u maintenance it properly, works like a charm. Almost 3 years I had it now.

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    Well, in that case...my kubaton. But seriously, its interesting Enforcer mentions the Ruger, because that's what I was looking at as my personal weapon. (I have to get my CCP renewed, but that's a pretty easy process.)

Glocks (9mm) are the predominant choice here in Pacific NW for armed security, especially in the areas south of Seattle where you see a lot of gang activity.

Leave a comment:

• psycosteve
    replied
    Muh dik... any thing else would require training.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X