Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What model is your service weapon?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What model is your service weapon?

    What's up everybody? I've been away for a little while but I'm back. Just curious what's everyone is carrying for their service weapon? We are issued Glock 19's.

  • #2
    Ruger SR-9

    Comment


    • #3
      Muh dik... any thing else would require training.
      Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
      Spiro Agnew

      Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

      Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, in that case...my kubaton. But seriously, its interesting Enforcer mentions the Ruger, because that's what I was looking at as my personal weapon. (I have to get my CCP renewed, but that's a pretty easy process.)

        Glocks (9mm) are the predominant choice here in Pacific NW for armed security, especially in the areas south of Seattle where you see a lot of gang activity.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
          Well, in that case...my kubaton. But seriously, its interesting Enforcer mentions the Ruger, because that's what I was looking at as my personal weapon. (I have to get my CCP renewed, but that's a pretty easy process.)

          Glocks (9mm) are the predominant choice here in Pacific NW for armed security, especially in the areas south of Seattle where you see a lot of gang activity.
          Prefer 2 have a safety switch on my weapon just 2 idiot-proof myself )

          Don't know too much about firearms - but my own, as long as u maintenance it properly, works like a charm. Almost 3 years I had it now.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by The Enforcer View Post

            Prefer 2 have a safety switch on my weapon just 2 idiot-proof myself )

            Don't know too much about firearms - but my own, as long as u maintenance it properly, works like a charm. Almost 3 years I had it now.





            I’m praying you don’t carry a firearm, or any weapon, at work or at any time.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Soper View Post






              I’m praying you don’t carry a firearm, or any weapon, at work or at any time.
              I mean I'm mainly working armed now, 2 ur chagrin, lol

              Comment


              • #8
                Ah, firearms - the "third rail" issue of security and police forums. I will admit a small bias in regards to Glocks - when they first came out they were over hyped; I also think a lot of security guards favor them because the police do. (Not that its wrong, just that we may face different scenarios.)

                If I worked in gang territory, I would go for reliable and a high capacity option, and the Glocks fit that. Other jobs require something more low key; six shots w/ a back up mag is fine. The big thing is find something that fits you. Years ago I had a Star .380 - that was far and away one of the best firearms I ever owned, despite not being a "famous" brand.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by The Enforcer View Post

                  I mean I'm mainly working armed now, 2 ur chagrin, lol

                  im sure we will see you charged very soon.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Soper View Post


                    im sure we will see you charged very soon.
                    Always with the sour grapes & negativity, you

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nope. Just reality.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My current service weapon is a Sig Sauer P226 Tacops. It gives me greater capacity than most Glocks with all of the reliability.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mindstealer View Post
                          My current service weapon is a Sig Sauer P226 Tacops. It gives me greater capacity than most Glocks with all of the reliability.
                          I considered the Sig 226 at one time but after using a Glock for so long I decided I don't care for a safety or decocker lever (too much to think about LOL)

                          My personal EDC is a S&W M&P shield also without a safety. My woman has the same gun and hers has a safety which she likes

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Glock 45 for on-duty carry and Glock 48 for off-duty.

                            I think reliability and safety are the primary considerations for carry, but I have issues with anything with less penetration power than a 9mm. Condo Guard, I think you may want to reconsider the .380 due to the low power factor with that round.
                            http://firearmsnerd.com/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              SoCal, after the same discussion with a co-worker, I'm inclined to agree. Times have changed and so have the threats. I'm not looking at anything less than 9mm at this point.

                              I loved my .380 because I could hit the "B" on a Budweiser can with consistent accuracy. Unfortunately, the only threat I face from a beer can is damage to my waistline.
                              Last edited by Condo Guard; 11-26-2019, 04:23 PM.

                              Comment

                              Leaderboard

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X