What model is your service weapon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What model is your service weapon?

What's up everybody? I've been away for a little while but I'm back. Just curious what's everyone is carrying for their service weapon? We are issued Glock 19's.

Ruger SR-9

Comment

Muh dik... any thing else would require training.
      Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
      Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

Comment

Well, in that case...my kubaton. But seriously, its interesting Enforcer mentions the Ruger, because that's what I was looking at as my personal weapon. (I have to get my CCP renewed, but that's a pretty easy process.)

Glocks (9mm) are the predominant choice here in Pacific NW for armed security, especially in the areas south of Seattle where you see a lot of gang activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
          Well, in that case...my kubaton. But seriously, its interesting Enforcer mentions the Ruger, because that's what I was looking at as my personal weapon. (I have to get my CCP renewed, but that's a pretty easy process.)

Glocks (9mm) are the predominant choice here in Pacific NW for armed security, especially in the areas south of Seattle where you see a lot of gang activity.
          Prefer 2 have a safety switch on my weapon just 2 idiot-proof myself )

Don't know too much about firearms - but my own, as long as u maintenance it properly, works like a charm. Almost 3 years I had it now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Enforcer View Post

Prefer 2 have a safety switch on my weapon just 2 idiot-proof myself )

Don't know too much about firearms - but my own, as long as u maintenance it properly, works like a charm. Almost 3 years I had it now.

I’m praying you don’t carry a firearm, or any weapon, at work or at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post

I’m praying you don’t carry a firearm, or any weapon, at work or at any time.
              I mean I'm mainly working armed now, 2 ur chagrin, lol

Comment

Ah, firearms - the "third rail" issue of security and police forums. I will admit a small bias in regards to Glocks - when they first came out they were over hyped; I also think a lot of security guards favor them because the police do. (Not that its wrong, just that we may face different scenarios.)

If I worked in gang territory, I would go for reliable and a high capacity option, and the Glocks fit that. Other jobs require something more low key; six shots w/ a back up mag is fine. The big thing is find something that fits you. Years ago I had a Star .380 - that was far and away one of the best firearms I ever owned, despite not being a "famous" brand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Enforcer View Post

I mean I'm mainly working armed now, 2 ur chagrin, lol

im sure we will see you charged very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post

im sure we will see you charged very soon.
                    Always with the sour grapes & negativity, you

Comment

Nope. Just reality.

Comment

My current service weapon is a Sig Sauer P226 Tacops. It gives me greater capacity than most Glocks with all of the reliability.

Comment

Originally posted by mindstealer View Post
                          My current service weapon is a Sig Sauer P226 Tacops. It gives me greater capacity than most Glocks with all of the reliability.
                          I considered the Sig 226 at one time but after using a Glock for so long I decided I don't care for a safety or decocker lever (too much to think about LOL)

My personal EDC is a S&W M&P shield also without a safety. My woman has the same gun and hers has a safety which she likes

Comment

Glock 45 for on-duty carry and Glock 48 for off-duty.

I think reliability and safety are the primary considerations for carry, but I have issues with anything with less penetration power than a 9mm. Condo Guard, I think you may want to reconsider the .380 due to the low power factor with that round.
                            http://firearmsnerd.com/

Comment

SoCal, after the same discussion with a co-worker, I'm inclined to agree. Times have changed and so have the threats. I'm not looking at anything less than 9mm at this point.

I loved my .380 because I could hit the "B" on a Budweiser can with consistent accuracy. Unfortunately, the only threat I face from a beer can is damage to my waistline.
                              Last edited by Condo Guard; 11-26-2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X