Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music

What is your favorite music while on guard, or off duty?
    Presently, I'm off duty listening to;

Dio
    Next in Line

This is one of many songs on my hard drive that I have been running through during the night.
    Observe and report what you saw with a good flashlight.
    Bedtime at sunrise

Current (Abeit specialized) MP3/OOG/FLAC listing:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OST 1, 2, 3
    Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence OST
    Ghost in the Shell - Megatech Body OST
    Tusaba Chronicles OST
    Macross Complete OST 1, 2, 3, and 4 (I listen to about 2 songs off that)
    Genesis (Various, I don't grab by album)
    Loveless OST (Its my Girlfriend's, for anyone knowing with the series is)
    Neon Genesis Evangelion OSTs
    Rod Stewart
    Metallica
    Yanni
    Tangerine Dream
    BT

This is only about 1/16th of my old MP3 collection, unfortunately. Its basically what people have given me over the past 3 months (Last hard drive wipe), and whatever else I could find.

The GITS ones, being "interesting," get alot of play. Genesis gets some play (I like Phil Collins), Loveless soundtrack is alot of jazz like Cowboy Beebop was, The Eva OSTs are my GFs but I like them as well...

And yes, I know 90% of those are anime shows. You may not of, though.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

My favs.

Here are some of my favorite work tunes, in no particular order:

AC/DC "Thunderstruck"

The Doors "L.A. Woman"

U2 "Where the streets have no name"

Tom Petty "Runnin' down a dream"

Eminem "Lose Yourself"

Disturbed "The Sickness"

Comment

Note to self: Find more Tom Petty, AC/DC, and Ozzy.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Oddly enough, I really don't listen to music on or off duty.
          For the hour I drive to work most evenings I listen to NPRs All Things Considered and on the drive home in the morning I often listen either to NPR or the Walton & Johnson morning radio show.
          At work I don't personally have a radio on but will listen to whatever is drifting into the Guard Shack from the Scale House which is in the same building.
          At home I don't ever listen to music. When I'm awake I catch up on TV programs I recorded on VCR while at work or listen to audio files I recorded on my computer from my trunktracker scanners.
          Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Talk radio off the Sirius in my POV. Mostly the 'right' channel and 'patriot' channels, but frequently interspersed with 'raw dog comedy'.

Comment

An interesting radio program

Overnight when I'm working, I like to listen to an AM radio program called "Coast to Coast AM" There are several hosts, depending on what night it is. They include Art Bell and George Norry. The topics range from everything from UFOs, to government conspiracies, to psychic powers. They also have some political debates now and then. I gotta tell you there are some OFF THE WALL people that call in with stories. Its great entertainment at 3 AM. It's a nationally syndicated show, but I reccomend you guys check it out if you're bored one night.

Comment

Originally posted by wvd1979
                Overnight when I'm working, I like to listen to an AM radio program called "Coast to Coast AM" There are several hosts, depending on what night it is. They include Art Bell and George Norry. The topics range from everything from UFOs, to government conspiracies, to psychic powers. They also have some political debates now and then. I gotta tell you there are some OFF THE WALL people that call in with stories. Its great entertainment at 3 AM. It's a nationally syndicated show, but I reccomend you guys check it out if you're bored one night.
                I have been a listener for +10 years, back when Art did the show full time and the web sight features were free and A LOT better(original web site was artbell.com). Art is da man!

Did you see the episode of Cops when the guy was holed up in his pick-up truck with a gernade? He was refusing to give up unless he spoke with Art Bell.
                Last edited by Tennsix; 12-22-2005, 01:11 AM.
                I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                -Lieutenant Commander Data
                sigpic

Comment

Wow

Never saw that episode of COPS. How did they resolve the standoff, do you remember? Reminds me of the guy who shot Ronald Regan to impress Jodie Foster.

Comment

WOW N.A... You didn't strike me as the anime type, for some reason..

Off duty I listen to just about anything, depending on my mood...
                    On duty, I'm usually listening to one of the talk radio comedy shows... Tom Licus (sp?), Imus (local station don't play him no more though ), etc..
                    Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                    Originally posted by ValleyOne
                    BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                    Shoulda called in sick.
                    Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Bridgegate
                      WOW N.A... You didn't strike me as the anime type, for some reason..

Off duty I listen to just about anything, depending on my mood...
                      On duty, I'm usually listening to one of the talk radio comedy shows... Tom Licus (sp?), Imus (local station don't play him no more though ), etc..
                      Well, when I'm not "me" on a forum, I'm Batou. That should help cross that mental chasm for you. While I'd watched a little anime (Robotech, Dominion) when I was younger, I only started actually watching it in earnest (internet and DVDs) a few years ago. I think its that whole "There is nothing good on TV" thing. That, and ADV has the soul of my girlfriend imprisoned in their complex, and they'll only give it back if we buy their entire lineup of Evangelion.

Art is the man. I'm afraid I stopped listening to Coast to Coast AM after awhile. When Art was running it, I'd find time, even when I didn't work nights. Don't get me wrong, George isn't a bad host. Its just that Art was bankrolling alot of Coast stuff, like ArtBell.com, and could absorb the soft loss of free stuff.

But, hell, the man had to retire sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                        Well, when I'm not "me" on a forum, I'm Batou. That should help cross that mental chasm for you. While I'd watched a little anime (Robotech, Dominion) when I was younger, I only started actually watching it in earnest (internet and DVDs) a few years ago. I think its that whole "There is nothing good on TV" thing. That, and ADV has the soul of my girlfriend imprisoned in their complex, and they'll only give it back if we buy their entire lineup of Evangelion.

Art is the man. I'm afraid I stopped listening to Coast to Coast AM after awhile. When Art was running it, I'd find time, even when I didn't work nights. Don't get me wrong, George isn't a bad host. Its just that Art was bankrolling alot of Coast stuff, like ArtBell.com, and could absorb the soft loss of free stuff.

But, hell, the man had to retire sometime.
                        To and back from calls it?s Ok with the music. But when I get there its all business unless one of the tech?s had their radio up in the van enough to hear it. Then I take advantage of the tunes but still keep the job in mind set. When we have those long out of town out of county jobs I ride shotgun. One of the tech?s has a kicker system in their new company van and likes all the 70?s and 80?s music. Another has satellite radio in his and likes the new age so it?s pretty cool. Got a few good talk shows and comedy stations. We have an inside joke from one show about a guy trying to convince his Wife he needed to go to a gun show and get a ?bigger squirrel gun? it was great stuff. N.A. dude, you where a Macross fan? Small world. Loved the sound tracks of a lot of anime. I am not an anime fan by general but liked Robotech. I also listen to various other soundtracks on the go when the boom box works. The radio in the company truck broke. Boss says it?s staying broke so the boom box makes up for it. I like this new video animation stuff coming out called Animusic. Really cool to listen too and watch at the same time (at home of course).

Most all New Age.
                        Jazz and Blues (instrumental only)
                        70?s, 80?s R&R
                        Classical of Strauss and Bach
                        Sound Tracks (not all, select few)
                        Country (only a very, very few)
                        My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Originally posted by wvd1979
                          Never saw that episode of COPS. How did they resolve the standoff, do you remember? Reminds me of the guy who shot Ronald Regan to impress Jodie Foster.
                          They smoked him out. It was several years ago; maybe six or so. The featured officer said, "The suspect is demanding to speak with a late-night talk show host from Nevada". He went ont o say some other things to indicate the radio host was Art Bell.
                          I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                          -Lieutenant Commander Data
                          sigpic

Comment

I am a Macross Fan. Only one I haven't seen (Haven't bothered to download it) is Macross Seven.

I have ADV's Robotech - Macross Legacy Volume 1, and it pains me to watch it. The voice direction is horrible, as are the American voices from Harmony Gold. I'm praying that ADV will do better with the dubbing of the original Macross series, but its ADV - anything is better than dubbing from 1984.

Late Night Radio. Talk Show Host. Nevada. Its Art.

Comment

My "on-duty" work consists of me sitting on a chair in my office, so I listen to internet radio. www.202.fm I actually program one of the streams on the site

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X