Church Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church Security

Anyone else work as church security? What are your thoughts and how laid back are you when you do it?

I volunteered for my church. We had a six-member team and we took the security mission very seriously. We were however very soft about it (civilian clothes, very polite).
    http://firearmsnerd.com/

Comment

Our church has a "Safety Team." In Texas, it's illegal to call them security because they are not. I am paid staff for the church, but not in a security or ministry role, so I carry every day. By default, I am on the Safety Team. We are all in civilian attire, all carrying under Texas LTC laws. We have a handful of uniformed and plain clothes police that are there every Sunday (all members) as well. Our primary role is to deal with the mundane stuff: parking, fire alarms, etc but we are also trained to help with emergency response and active shooter scenarios.
      A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X