Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Most Security Officers Here Have A Dispatcher To Check On Them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Most Security Officers Here Have A Dispatcher To Check On Them?

As posted above, I am just wondering if you have a dispatcher when you are working? Are they good about checking on you? Do you ever work without a dispatcher?

Most of the time in my experience the times I have interacted with a dispatcher was more to use them as a time clock then to be called out to patrol areas.
    Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
    Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I have had a couple of incidents lately. None of them were huge. One was two meth-heads stealing from the property and another was a homeless guy that broke into an office and took an edged weapon from the office. When I encountered him he was non-compliant. Again, not the hugest deals, but if you are the only officer on and there is no dispatcher on duty, I see it as an officer safety issue.

Comment

I've worked both. It definitely helps if you have enough field supervisors or mobile patrol officers that you can call for back up when needed. I've had situations where I really didn't want to call PD but would have liked another S/O with me, especially with unarmed sites.

Keep track of what's going on and document incidents. Also look at whether the crime in the neighborhood around your site is going up. That way you can ask for changes to improve officer safety with proof that it is needed.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X