Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Liberal Is Your Dress/Appearance Code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	FF34870E-3397-4AB8-9F7C-BEC0E866FE43.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	247799Click image for larger version

Name:	ABD92F27-2104-4CFE-933A-83A43CA786E0.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	247797 I’m with Securitas and they do have a decent uniform policy but it’s not strictly enforced. When I got hired in they gave me a 3X shirt (I’m an XL) for one of the accounts I work and a 2X for the other one. I flat out refused to report to work until they got me proper fitting shirts.
    I bought 5.11 pants instead of wearing their cheap Galls cargo pants (it’s worth the money BTW)
    I wear black socks always along with either my Under Armour Boots or my adidas trail runners.
    I have tattoos on my arms so I wear a black long sleeve compression shirt under my uniform top.
    I’m always clean shaven.
    I feel that as a society we are getting slack I’ve even seen sworn police officers who look like **** in their uniform but it all boils down to personal pride and it shows and don’t get me started on physical fitness!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cobbdiesel; 05-29-2019, 06:46 PM.

Comment

No matter where I have worked my personal standards have always exceeded whatever company standard put out including when I was in the Army. While on active duty anytime we were in garrison my BDU's were pressed (we were only required to wash and wear) and boots spit shined. When I was a Corrections Officer my uniforms were dry-cleaned and pressed, boots spit shined.

As a member of the Emergency Response Team (ERT) our uniforms were the standard black BDU's and that uniform, for obvious reasons I only washed and wore.

The accounts I work right now have us wearing polo shirts and I wear 5.11 tactical pants that exceed the standard set forth by my current employer because they look better and are way more comfortable than the cheap Gall's **** they issue. Black t-shirt, black socks and I wear either my black Under Amour boots or my black Adidas Terrex Trail shoes, neither of which can be polished but are kept clean and serviceable at all times.

Comment

I'll toss in another wrinkle, which is the fact that security uniforms are not restricted the way police uniforms are, and there are a lot of "generic" guards. Impersonating a security guard is not unheard of; car prowlers in Seattle a few years ago were wearing "Security" jackets until they were seen on camera and one of them left his behind.

Twice this week I've seen people who may or may not have been guards. One was just walking down the street in a security t-shirt but obviously non regulation shorts and shoes. Don't know if he was going to or from work, or if it was laundry day. The other was a bit more serious - the hair cut and general appearance made me question whether this guy worked at one of the stores and was on a break, or was casing the facility. Turns out he was a legit employee. So - appearance counts.
        Last edited by Condo Guard; 07-03-2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Disney. Their way or the highway. Soft, simple and very Micky like. Ugh!
          My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
            I'll toss in another wrinkle, which is the fact that security uniforms are not restricted the way police uniforms are, and there are a lot of "generic" guards. Impersonating a security guard is not unheard of; car prowlers in Seattle a few years ago were wearing "Security" jackets until they were seen on camera and one of them left his behind.

Twice this week I've seen people who may or may not have been guards. One was just walking down the street in a security t-shirt but obviously non regulation shorts and shoes. Don't know if he was going to or from work, or if it was laundry day. The other was a bit more serious - the hair cut and general appearance made me question whether this guy worked at one of the stores and was on a break, or was casing the facility. Turns out he was a legit employee. So - appearance counts.
            A lot of getting away with physical theft comes with simply "looking the part". If I were a bad guy and looking to steal stuff, I would go out and put together a generic security guard uniform.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X