Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD warning cops MS-13 will target off-duty cops.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD warning cops MS-13 will target off-duty cops.

The NYPD is warning police officers about a possible threat from the MS-13 gang, particularly when they are off-duty.
    CBS2’s Dick Brennan reports that in a bulletin the NYPD put out this alert: “Members of MS-13 are looking to ‘hit’ NYPD police officers, specifically in the Brentwood/Central Islip area as well as possibly Patchogue.”
    The bulletin says that the gang members would carry out the attacks on off-duty officers “in order to gain street credibility.”
    “They are going above and beyond what any other gang does, and the scary part is that we already know that they legitimately carry out their threats and they are extremely violent,” said Gomez.
    Police are warning law enforcement to take extra precautions and not to let their guard down particularly when they are in and around their homes and off duty.
    https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/02/27/nypd-ms-13-planning-to-target-off-duty-cops-at-their-homes/

Said it before and I'll say it again. We are looking at the last days in the USA when the crooks are more afraid of the cops than vise-versa.

Our Constitutionally hand-cuffed police are simply a mismatch for an invading foreign army of "suicide" commandos. I put "suicide" in quotes, what I really mean is that illegal alien gang members don't fear US prison the way Americans do. To them a few years in prison is same as joining the military for the free training and GI bill.

Oh well. Cops tend to be very security conscious so I wouldn't be surprised if cops start hiring private security, knowing that no matter how good the cop may be, he is still vulnerable to surprise attack, especially from "left field" (guys doing attacks for no other reason than "street cred").

Originally posted by Squid View Post

Oh well. Cops tend to be very security conscious so I wouldn't be surprised if cops start hiring private security, knowing that no matter how good the cop may be, he is still vulnerable to surprise attack, especially from "left field" (guys doing attacks for no other reason than "street cred").
    Brother, I couldn’t agree more. Let’s show these cops how the pros protect life and property.

Comment

You two need to stay in your lanes and stop renewing your ID-10-T and TR-011 forms

Why in the world would a criminal be more afraid of a private security guard with ZERO authority than a police officer. It makes ZERO sense

Lets go over some facts:

Police officer entry level requirements:

Written exam including memory test
      Physical agility exam
      Full background investigation
      Written psychological test
      Psychological interview
      then a 1000 hour academy for the NYPD

Security guard requirements

Fingerprints
      24 hours of training
      47 hour firearms course

Tell me again who the experts are

Comment

Originally posted by v859 View Post
        You two need to stay in your lanes and stop renewing your ID-10-T and TR-011 forms

Why in the world would a criminal be more afraid of a private security guard with ZERO authority than a police officer. It makes ZERO sense

Lets go over some facts:

Police officer entry level requirements:

Written exam including memory test
        Physical agility exam
        Full background investigation
        Written psychological test
        Psychological interview
        then a 1000 hour academy for the NYPD

Security guard requirements

Fingerprints
        24 hours of training
        47 hour firearms course

Tell me again who the experts are
        I'm not saying a Guard is better than a cop (although unlike cops Guards aren't LIMITED to the shallow end of the gene-pool, I've worked with badass ex-Spec Forces as well as legit STEM scholar fellow guards).

Just that no matter how good an individual cop is, as an individual off-duty he is very vulnerable to sneak attack, and even more at risk if the attacks have no reason or pattern (not guys he busted or even their friends, etc).

Thus, its likely that even cops will be hiring private security for their own personal (and family) safety, particularly when they are most vulnerable (coming to and from home at regular schedule) or for when a cop "get a hunch" or "bad feeling" but that is not enough to get dispatch to send over backup.

I predict that at first the NYPD (and others soon) will bend over backward and forsake their other duties to "protect their own" but that can only last so long, and MS-13 plays the long game.

Maybe Police Depts will hire lower cost Guards to "assist officers in personal safety when off duty" like undercover surveillance of neighborhood for lurking hitmen, and shadowing cops and families at particular times.

If MS-13 figures out there are often undercover surveillance that will flag them for even going near any cops off duty (and I'm assuming your average MS-13 is already an Illegal Alien, and has a very illegal firearm) it will make them reconsider when their guys keep getting busted before they do any harm.

I'm predicting the NYPD and NYC govt will spend $100 million on extensive private security for NYPD cops (and other VIPs) to protect them from MS-13 before they will even re-consider NYC "sanctuary city" status.

($100 million really ain't much in NYC govt budget terms, I'm sure they spend more on catering food for various employee lunches and dinners every year)

The big weakness of Police is they are ruled by Policy and Politicians, and big strength of Private Security is someone with a brain and something to lose can deploy them as they see fit. Now that Police are soon to be confronted with the same sort of General Crime problems as "little people" I expect them to go to Private Security.

Lone Wolf is on to something when he mentioned "life and property", because much of what Police are required to do is not "L&P" its breaking up fighting idiots, traffic stops, calling ambulance for addicts etc.

PS-in CA its 8hrs for Guard Card and 16hrs extra for Gun Permit (total of 50rds fired)
        Last edited by Squid; 03-04-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Comment

I'm not saying a Guard is better than a cop (although unlike cops Guards aren't LIMITED to the shallow end of the gene-pool, I've worked with badass ex-Spec Forces as well as legit STEM scholar fellow guards).

Just that no matter how good an individual cop is, as an individual off-duty he is very vulnerable to sneak attack, and even more at risk if the attacks have no reason or pattern (not guys he busted or even their friends, etc).

Thus, its likely that even cops will be hiring private security for their own personal (and family) safety, particularly when they are most vulnerable (coming to and from home at regular schedule) or for when a cop "get a hunch" or "bad feeling" but that is not enough to get dispatch to send over backup.

I predict that at first the NYPD (and others soon) will bend over backward and forsake their other duties to "protect their own" but that can only last so long, and MS-13 plays the long game.

Maybe Police Depts will hire lower cost Guards to "assist officers in personal safety when off duty" like undercover surveillance of neighborhood for lurking hitmen, and shadowing cops and families at particular times.

If MS-13 figures out there are often undercover surveillance that will flag them for even going near any cops off duty (and I'm assuming your average MS-13 is already an Illegal Alien, and has a very illegal firearm) it will make them reconsider when their guys keep getting busted before they do any harm.

I'm predicting the NYPD and NYC govt will spend $100 million on extensive private security for NYPD cops (and other VIPs) to protect them from MS-13 before they will even re-consider NYC "sanctuary city" status.

($100 million really ain't much in NYC govt budget terms, I'm sure they spend more on catering food for various employee lunches and dinners every year)

The big weakness of Police is they are ruled by Policy and Politicians, and big strength of Private Security is someone with a brain and something to lose can deploy them as they see fit. Now that Police are soon to be confronted with the same sort of General Crime problems as "little people" I expect them to go to Private Security.

Lone Wolf is on to something when he mentioned "life and property", because much of what Police are required to do is not "L&P" its breaking up fighting idiots, traffic stops, calling ambulance for addicts etc.

PS-in CA its 8hrs for Guard Card and 16hrs extra for Gun Permit (total of 50rds fired)
            Squis I can't let this post go. First of all, I know of plenty of police officers with advanced college degrees (up to PhD) and special forces experience. So no they are not limited to the shallow end of the gene pool

Second of all private security are MORE limited then the police not less. Try making a traffic stop as a security guard and see.

And NO police department will ever allow private security to protect undercover officers.

Finally breaking up fights, stopping reckless drivers and investigating crimes IS protection of life and property

Comment

Squis I can't let this post go. First of all, I know of plenty of police officers with advanced college degrees (up to PhD) and special forces experience. So no they are not limited to the shallow end of the gene pool

Second of all private security are MORE limited then the police not less. Try making a traffic stop as a security guard and see.

And NO police department will ever allow private security to protect undercover officers.

Finally breaking up fights, stopping reckless drivers and investigating crimes IS protection of life and property
              https://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-...story?id=95836 Nuff said.
              When took CA PC832 40hr class (same teacher and exam as first week of real cop academy) I (almost) got the highest score in the class final exam (only reason I didn't officially get highest score is I missed a couple hours where they gave away "new policy" right answers that were diff from textbook). I was only taking the class as a lark and it was only $160. For most of the class this was a "make or break it" since they already had been hired by jail, city park etc and only had to pass this class, and many had been studying for month or more. I asked the teacher if those scores were normal and he said they were higher than average for real cop cadets (couple retired school teachers becoming park rangers, etc).

I'm no great scholar and never even got a AA degree, but I did manage a solid "B" in college calculus based real Physics (the class you have to take to be an engineer, scientist or MD). Most people with PhDs are simply unable to pass such classes, because their "PhDs" are garbage (Admin of Justice, Women's Studies, History, English Lit, etc).

The US Army hires private security to protect US troops in Green Zone in Iraq and elsewhere. Lots of pics of US Army generals strutting around overseas and they will have private armed guards with M-4s. Click image for larger version

Name:	delta-schwarzkopf-hr.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	247469

Comment

https://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-...story?id=95836 Nuff said.
                When took CA PC832 40hr class (same teacher and exam as first week of real cop academy) I (almost) got the highest score in the class final exam (only reason I didn't officially get highest score is I missed a couple hours where they gave away "new policy" right answers that were diff from textbook). I was only taking the class as a lark and it was only $160. For most of the class this was a "make or break it" since they already had been hired by jail, city park etc and only had to pass this class, and many had been studying for month or more. I asked the teacher if those scores were normal and he said they were higher than average for real cop cadets (couple retired school teachers becoming park rangers, etc).

I'm no great scholar and never even got a AA degree, but I did manage a solid "B" in college calculus based real Physics (the class you have to take to be an engineer, scientist or MD). Most people with PhDs are simply unable to pass such classes, because their "PhDs" are garbage (Admin of Justice, Women's Studies, History, English Lit, etc).

The US Army hires private security to protect US troops in Green Zone in Iraq and elsewhere. Lots of pics of US Army generals strutting around overseas and they will have private armed guards with M-4s. Click image for larger version

Name:	delta-schwarzkopf-hr.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	247469
                Private Military Contractors have a lot more training, education and experience than the average security guard, and while they are "private security" when one things of "security guards" those aren't the guys most people think of.

Those guys could probably do a really good job protecting police officers, but they're sure as hell not going to do it for $9 an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Consolewatcher View Post

Private Military Contractors have a lot more training, education and experience than the average security guard, and while they are "private security" when one things of "security guards" those aren't the guys most people think of.

Those guys could probably do a really good job protecting police officers, but they're sure as hell not going to do it for $9 an hour.
                  all true, but an extra set of eyeballs for $9/hr that can be there when you ain't and/or in unmarked #2 vehicle makes it extra tricky to take you out and get away with it, gets you at least 80% of the benefit.

I've noticed "the pros" (criminals) will use entry-level help as look outs, both as counter-Intel as well as early warning against other "pros" to protect VIPs and property especially when in transit.

Comment

And you think PhD paramilitary contractors are going to work for 9 bucks an hour? Right

Comment

all true, but an extra set of eyeballs for $9/hr that can be there when you ain't and/or in unmarked #2 vehicle makes it extra tricky to take you out and get away with it, gets you at least 80% of the benefit.

I've noticed "the pros" (criminals) will use entry-level help as look outs, both as counter-Intel as well as early warning against other "pros" to protect VIPs and property especially when in transit.
                      I will concede that a properly-trained security guard can have a role in protecting police officers. I don't think that it means, though, that they can necessarily do it better than the police. It's sort of like how people hire a babysitter; they don't think that the babysitter knows how to watch their kids more than they do, but rather because they can't do it themselves as they have other things to do.

Comment

And you think PhD paramilitary contractors are going to work for 9 bucks an hour? Right
                        Just change the title "Security Guard" to "Barista" and you'll get all the PhD's for $9/hr that you need

Comment

could be, I was working with a guy who'd done armed overseas Security for some "aid" group and he was a former nurse in USA who got his nurse ticket pulled for some drug (meds) issue he claims he was framed/fall guy for. We were getting more than $9 but it was just Warm Body gig.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X