X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch Meat
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post
    No. You are watching too much TV. Under WHAT laws would you be allowed to deploy "snipers?" Really. What ARE you thinking?
    Saved because you will need a link

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied
    No. You are watching too much TV. Under WHAT laws would you be allowed to deploy "snipers?" Really. What ARE you thinking?

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Does anyone know of any security company that employs snipers? That could be a really useful are of expertise in this business. Like outside a bank, the robber comes out and is taken down by a well placed headshot, taken out like surgery. What does everyone think of this idea?
    I proposed similar, but diff, tactic for anti-bank robbery security in a recent thread. But instead of a sniper, there would be an unmarked minivan shadowing the armored car (or I guess could also be semi-static at bank).

One problem I see is that such tactics would likely increase use of hostages/human shields by robbers. Even if the hostage is not "harmed" they will still be able to sue for much more than is lost in robbery, and give the bank a bad rep in the process.

Leave a comment:

• Lunch Meat
    replied
    Lon Horiuchi would be so proud

Leave a comment:

• Lone Wolf
    started a topic Use of snipers in the security field

Use of snipers in the security field

Does anyone know of any security company that employs snipers? That could be a really useful are of expertise in this business. Like outside a bank, the robber comes out and is taken down by a well placed headshot, taken out like surgery. What does everyone think of this idea?

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X