Use of snipers in the security field

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by v859 View Post

If i owned a business and I had a customer or employee "chimping out" (racist?) I would want someone to remove them from the store and keep them from hurting my other customers and destroying my property. That is not an O&R guard who is going to say "Stop or I'll say stop again, then call 911 (for the police) and run and hide like 95% of the "security industry"
    If by "chimping out" he means attacking, then yeah, I would imagine that you would want someone to remove them from the store. If they were only being verbally aggressive then that's a whole other matter.

If you were a business owner, would you be willing to pay the extra money that's required for a security company to hire and properly train and equip a guard in the use of force, or would you do like most other businesses and hire whoever's cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by Consolewatcher View Post

If by "chimping out" he means attacking, then yeah, I would imagine that you would want someone to remove them from the store. If they were only being verbally aggressive then that's a whole other matter.

If you were a business owner, would you be willing to pay the extra money that's required for a security company to hire and properly train and equip a guard in the use of force, or would you do like most other businesses and hire whoever's cheap?
      here in lies the problem. What if they are only being verbally aggressive but refuse to leave. You have two options. Either allow it to continue or use force in removing the person. Remember if you allow it to continue you could be considered as violating OSHA regulations on workplace violence which covers abusive language. Not to mention the lost business.

And I understand hiring cheap but if that is the case then allow the police to do their jobs

Comment

Originally posted by v859 View Post

here in lies the problem. What if they are only being verbally aggressive but refuse to leave. You have two options. Either allow it to continue or use force in removing the person. Remember if you allow it to continue you could be considered as violating OSHA regulations on workplace violence which covers abusive language. Not to mention the lost business.

And I understand hiring cheap but if that is the case then allow the police to do their jobs
        The third option would be calling the police and depending on the situation having security guard present in case the person becomes physically aggressive (in which case it may be necessary for security to detain/arrest the person or remove them by force).

I think that most Use of Force training is woefully inadequate. As a result, while I would not say that a security guard should *never* use force, I think that it should be an absolute last resort. The way I see it (and the way I was taught) is that security using force or arresting someone can have negative consequences. *Not* using force or *not* arresting someone could also have negative consequences, and it should only be done when the risks of inaction appear to be greater than the risks of action.

Comment

Originally posted by Consolewatcher View Post

The third option would be calling the police and depending on the situation having security guard present in case the person becomes physically aggressive (in which case it may be necessary for security to detain/arrest the person or remove them by force).

I think that most Use of Force training is woefully inadequate. As a result, while I would not say that a security guard should *never* use force, I think that it should be an absolute last resort. The way I see it (and the way I was taught) is that security using force or arresting someone can have negative consequences. *Not* using force or *not* arresting someone could also have negative consequences, and it should only be done when the risks of inaction appear to be greater than the risks of action.
          Offer them a Hot Pocket?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunch Meat View Post

Offer them a Hot Pocket?
            If it works, then yes, offer them a Hot Pocket.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X