Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miscarriage of Justice II: Synagogue shooting edition! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscarriage of Justice II: Synagogue shooting edition! :)

https://abc7.com/security-guard-arre...oting/5139077/

Too many angles to cover, my head is spinning.

But mostly "DO NOT TALK TO POLICE" until LONG AFTER you talk to your lawyer. Make that LAWYERS, because if a lawyer tells you its OK to talk to police, you should get a 2nd opinion.

This brings up issue #2. How many Guards have enough cash on hand to hire a Lawyer, or two? I'm guessing about zero. Unless you have over $100,000 burning a hole in your pocket my advice would be.....

SAY NOTHING TO NO ONE, LET THEM CHARGE YOU WITH A CRIME, BE READY TO SIT IN JAIL FOR A COUPLE MONTHS.
    YOU WILL NOT GET OUT OF JAIL FASTER BY TALKING. YOU WILL DO LESS TIME AND GET OUT FASTER IF YOU SHUT UP.
    WAIT FOR Public Defender IF NEEDED. THAT WILL PROBABLY BE AT LEAST A WEEK. EXPECT ABOUT A MONTH BEFORE Public Defender MAKES AN ACCEPTABLE DEAL.

This Guard looks like a good argument for Psych Aval for Armed Guards. School Official said they had called 911 multiple times over "safety concerns" (of course they had). I'm guessing School Officials were putting pressure on this guard to "do something" about weirdos in the weirdo heavy neighborhood of the all girls Jewish high school. The school no doubt had him hyped about that other recent Synagogue shooting (where the synagogue was target, not the source of shooter).

My second piece of advice: If your employer is pushing you into inevitable confrontation with Dirt Bags who have nothing better to do....bail the hell out. Career advice: CLAIM YOU ARE TOO SICK TO WORK, see what happens after a few days. . Most of the time it will be that you were a great Guard so they just figured they'd have you solve all the World's Crime Problem for the client, then you "take a powder" and reality suddenly sets in and they are glad to have you back with realistic expectations. Chance of you being "the hero" are about 1%, and being "the hero" and $4 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I bailed out after a company brought in a goofy "hard charging" (her words) woman "site supervisor" who wanted Armed Guards marching up and down a sidewalk of construction site that kept getting temp-wall "tagged" to "take back the neighborhood" and "show them its OUR PLAYGROUND". Turns out I was 110% right. Guarding, and Armed Guarding, should only be for deterring a rare "heist" or to ward off people with something to lose. Unless "Your time is your own" on post, consider that a big Red Flag. We ain't gonna win trying to do any Social Engineering. These Limo-Liberals made their bed, now they get to sleep in it. (although in this case I'm guessing the arrival of the professional "1st Amend Auditor" was a new event and not expected to last. IMO "1st Amen Audit training should be included)

Looks like this guy shot from behind iron gate (not good), but that (if he'd kept his mouth shut) doesn't AUTOMATICALLY preclude "self defense" since bullets, acid, napalm, poison darts, etc all get past widely spaced bars just fine. If he'd have keep his mouth shut, I'm sure there is SOMETHING the "he-she" said on its own live feed that a good lawyer could say he'd "misinterpreted, combined with its movements, and the guards ESL and hearing loss, and prior incidents, to perceive as threat". Doesn't need to be "reasonable", just something to go from Murder to....something less.

On further review, it looks like might be Neg Discharge, but the little psycho guard don't wanna cop to that.

PS-this whole thing is why my Dream Home, or "Dream Location" would include a Wall and snaking driveway so that you can't even see what is going on from the street. Shouldn't be too hard with a little planning to have "stuff" out in front blocking views, but HVAC box, few storage containers covered in vines, etc. out front instead of in back like normal.
    Last edited by Squid; 02-15-2019, 06:53 PM.

According to the video the guard admitted that he had fired a "warning shot" and accidentally hit the videographer. So he's already going to have a hard time proving that he was in fear of his life because if he was why was firing warning shots? That's going to speak to negligence.

I'm really curious to know if this was a contract guard or an in-house guard because I'm betting that somebody is going to be on the hook for medical bills, damages, pain and suffering, lost income and they'll scream PTSD in there somewhere too.

somebody's going to be making a commercial that says I called Hamilton Burger and he got me two point five million dollars.

I have no idea how it (or more accurately doesn't work) in California but where I'm at THE COURT decides whether or not you can afford an attorney. They will look at your income, your assets and everything else and they will essentially if they deem that you have enough money make you sell everything you own to hire your own lawyer and then when that money runs out and that lawyer drops you THEN you get a public defender.

I think at this point the best that guy can hope for is somebody to cut him a deal and he probably would be better off not to talk to the police until he has a lawyer.
    Last edited by Lunch Meat; 02-15-2019, 07:01 PM.

Comment

In CA we are drilled, and re-drilled that WARNING SHOTS ARE ILLEGAL. However, IIRC they aren't Felonies, unless of course they bounce off the pavement and wing a Transsexual that you were already confronting in hostile manner.

I'm not even sure he/she was hit. Something about "grazed". I have heard of cases of "grazed" being faked and cops and even EMT at scene "bought it" for the time being.

Yeah, all that stuff about who's guard, did he have permits, etc.

IIRC in Contra Costa County, CA Public Defender kicks in at $115K or less in "total equity" if you are a homeowner, and you sorta get Public Defender by default even without Means Test until actually charged (can be months after minor arrest to actually be charged).

What the School SHOULD"VE DONE IMO (hindsight being 20/20): Hire additional two fully Licensed burly unarmed guards from respected local firm to "just hang around" until the "auditor" grows weary when they don't get anything that is gonna fuel their Youtube views. IMO, you should be able to spend 60% of your Security budget during the 10% of time you actually need Security.

In the great Valley Fair Mall Draw Down, it came out Guard didn't even have current Guard Card, much less Gun Permit, and NO CHARGES WERE FILED by DA. Not sure about BSIS. Of course, no one got shot. I have noticed Valley Fair has real Sheriff deputies walking around now. Maybe BSIS or someone "leaned on them" to hire real cops, since the Mall obviously can't be trusted to hire Security. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4kb_HwpyKI
      Last edited by Squid; 02-15-2019, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X