Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working at a Zoo could be "interesting", but seem to be asking lot for $15

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/sec...814316299.html

all sorts of stuff about checking cash tills and transporting.

nothing about any Benefits. What if you catch a disease off some jungle animal???

generally a million things to do.

what if a tigress jumps its fence like in SF and you are unarmed?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	face.jpg Views:	0 Size:	20.3 KB ID:	247272

• Lunch Meat
    replied
    Originally posted by Squid View Post

I worked at a supermarket which the other stores in the chain referred to as "The Zoo", and not in a good way. But our "numbers" were always tops and that is only thing that mattered. Other stores always trying to steal our crew, and when their crew would try our store they'd often leave in tears (not making that up, many of female checkers couldn't handle the based sexual harassment so common in a 'diverse' neighborhood). Only real supermarket for miles around in a welfare/working class 'hood. Where "The Zoo" once stood is now a "food desert".http://www.foodispower.org/food-deserts/
    Okay well the zoo I worked in was an actual Zoo. The Suncoast Primate Research Center in Tarpon Springs Florida.

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied
    Originally posted by Lunch Meat View Post

I used to work in a zoo and that story is bull****
    I worked at a supermarket which the other stores in the chain referred to as "The Zoo", and not in a good way. But our "numbers" were always tops and that is only thing that mattered. Other stores always trying to steal our crew, and when their crew would try our store they'd often leave in tears (not making that up, many of female checkers couldn't handle the based sexual harassment so common in a 'diverse' neighborhood). Only real supermarket for miles around in a welfare/working class 'hood. Where "The Zoo" once stood is now a "food desert".http://www.foodispower.org/food-deserts/

Leave a comment:

• Lunch Meat
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post

Man, Squid, with all your experiences and stories you’ve lived quite the interesting life. I’m a little jealous.
    I used to work in a zoo and that story is bull****

Leave a comment:

• Lone Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Squid View Post

sez "year round full time" but who knows.

I'm wary of places that have big slick websites and want "professional references" etc, etc and offer crap pay. If its somewhere that also has big "volunteer" program, expect them to expect YOU to also work for free, while the "Director" has salary in "high 6 figures" and golden parachute, for his 2 1/2 day work week. Like a church, but diff.

Reminds me of last time circus came to town. I was going to ask some of the clowns how to break into the biz and see this guy shoveling dung right from under an elephant's ass. Suddenly, the beast lets loose about 300lbs of hot wet luscious feces on top of his head completely covering him from top to bottom. I ask him "how can you do that job, can't you find any better work?" and he says "What? and quit SHOW BUSINESS???"
    Man, Squid, with all your experiences and stories you’ve lived quite the interesting life. I’m a little jealous.

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied
    Originally posted by Lunch Meat View Post
    Sounds like they want a part-time floater
    sez "year round full time" but who knows.

I'm wary of places that have big slick websites and want "professional references" etc, etc and offer crap pay. If its somewhere that also has big "volunteer" program, expect them to expect YOU to also work for free, while the "Director" has salary in "high 6 figures" and golden parachute, for his 2 1/2 day work week. Like a church, but diff.

Reminds me of last time circus came to town. I was going to ask some of the clowns how to break into the biz and see this guy shoveling dung right from under an elephant's ass. Suddenly, the beast lets loose about 300lbs of hot wet luscious feces on top of his head completely covering him from top to bottom. I ask him "how can you do that job, can't you find any better work?" and he says "What? and quit SHOW BUSINESS???"

Leave a comment:

• Lunch Meat
    replied
    Sounds like they want a part-time floater

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X