Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump has asked me to price out Private Security solution for The Border.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
    Where I work there is at least one restaurant that admitted privately that they know they have employees working under fake names and social security numbers. They don''t care. I suspect that is because Seattle is a sanctuary city, so all parties know the chances of being caught are slim to none. You can also get a driver's license in WA without proof of citizenship (or even resident alien status), so they all flock here to get ID.
    the real power of Govt (especially Law Enforcement) is not what they can do with their legal powers, its what they can decide NOT to do with some excuse.

Both Paypay (Elon Musk) and Uber/Lyft fortunes were maybe when otherwise overbearing Govt agencies STRANGELY decided to "take the day off" for about 5-10yrs for CERTAIN scoff law operators.

I was in college just before Paypal and several bright kids floated same idea, but were told in no uncertain terms any such activity would bring down entire Fed Banking, FBI, RICO, Secret Service (counterfeiting) etc on them, and you'd go to prison for even PLANNING such a venture.

Similarly, every HS or college Club has had the idea "we'll give people rides in our own cars through a dispatch to raise money" and their Club Advisor had to tell them about how the Taxi Commissioner's iron fist, and how they can levy YUGE fines without any Courts, trial etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post

the real power of Govt (especially Law Enforcement) is not what they can do with their legal powers, its what they can decide NOT to do with some excuse.

Both Paypay (Elon Musk) and Uber/Lyft fortunes were maybe when otherwise overbearing Govt agencies STRANGELY decided to "take the day off" for about 5-10yrs for CERTAIN scoff law operators.

I was in college just before Paypal and several bright kids floated same idea, but were told in no uncertain terms any such activity would bring down entire Fed Banking, FBI, RICO, Secret Service (counterfeiting) etc on them, and you'd go to prison for even PLANNING such a venture.

Similarly, every HS or college Club has had the idea "we'll give people rides in our own cars through a dispatch to raise money" and their Club Advisor had to tell them about how the Taxi Commissioner's iron fist, and how they can levy YUGE fines without any Courts, trial etc.
      Talk about corruption at it’s finest. Looks 1984 is here.

Comment

Squid, Lone Wolf, Lunch meat

Would you three PLEASE stay in your lane. PayPal and Uber are both highly regulated. Maybe they weren't initially but now they are.

And I guarantee you that the concern over a school club giving paid rides had more to do with LIABILITY of the school sponsoring the club than the taxi commissioner. And besides who would want to be given a ride from a student who had their license for what, three years at most. Use your brain

Comment

Originally posted by v859 View Post
          Squid, Lone Wolf, Lunch meat

Would you three PLEASE stay in your lane. PayPal and Uber are both highly regulated. Maybe they weren't initially but now they are.

And I guarantee you that the concern over a school club giving paid rides had more to do with LIABILITY of the school sponsoring the club than the taxi commissioner. And besides who would want to be given a ride from a student who had their license for what, three years at most. Use your brain
          yeah, largely recent immigrant Taxi drivers pay over $200K for no reason. adults are talking, think before posting to avoiding being "Soper-ed" in the future.

The total value of all medallions and assets related to them had a value of $2.5 billion in Chicago in 2013. In 2012, medallion prices ranged from $87,000 to $385,000. In 2015, Chicago's average medallion price was under $230,000, down 30% from 2014. In 2018, they had dropped to a range of $30,000 to $100,000.

Comment

https://arizonadailyindependent.com/...-border-fence/

It took YEARS at the condos I worked at to even put up a fence to do they exact same thing - keep the crooks (in their case, car prowlers) out. The realtors and NIMBYs whined about it, and we didn't even have any barb wire in the proposal...

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
              https://arizonadailyindependent.com/...-border-fence/

It took YEARS at the condos I worked at to even put up a fence to do they exact same thing - keep the crooks (in their case, car prowlers) out. The realtors and NIMBYs whined about it, and we didn't even have any barb wire in the proposal...
              These people are so delusional it makes me want to cry. I bet some of them own various business that have massive razor wire fencing. My buddy owns an auto repair biz with big yard protected by razor-wire in a not so good area. But when the gate is closed you can leave all your stuff out in open and even leave shop wide open if you go on test drive etc. Whole place has a nice comfy safe feeling due to razor-wire.

Christine Courtland, a resident who frequently walks by the fence, said the additional wiring will potentially scare away visitors, the economic backbone of the city.

“I have never seen anything to make a border crossing look more like a war zone than this,” she said. “I’m absolutely insulted.”

Before city officials passed the resolution demanding removal of the wire, Nogales residents filed into the small government building on the west side of North Grand Avenue to express their displeasure.

“That razor wire against the wall, it made me want to cry. It truly did,” said Sherrie Nixon, who has lived in Nogales for 33 years.

Reminds me of IIRC Oakland didn't allow shops to put up steel roll-down doors because it was "insulting to Oakland residents" and show-nuf all those businesses got looted shortly afterward. The business even wanted to let The City or whoever paint whatever on all the rolling doors, totally giving up their valuable ad space when shops were closed, to make something "interesting looking" but City Hall didn't go for it.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X