Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump has asked me to price out Private Security solution for The Border.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fortsmithman View Post

Soper I'm on your side. Let's face it in the security industry we will have guards who think they are police, and we will have people saying things that will in all likelihood get them criminally charged. I'm not upset that idiotic posts are being commented on. Most of the idiotic posts give me a laugh. My job as a guard is to protect the property of my employer from damage or theft. Lone Wolf even accused me of being an alt account for you. I've been involved in private security since May 1985 when i started as a bouncer.
    And..........?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunch Meat View Post

The one thing that people overlook about the DDR border wall is that it did its job quite well. More people enter this country from Mexico every day than ever crossed the border from East Germany

damn right, and those were Germans (check East German Olympic medals).

IIRC the Communists made a pretty solid case for their practice of shooting anyone trying to cross, going either direction. It was basically, "yeah, this an International Border, we have an obligation not to allow illegal entry into our neighbors, because we are good neighbors, and if someone is trying to jump the border we don't know if he is some kind of spy returning, etc."

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post

damn right, and those were Germans (check East German Olympic medals).

IIRC the Communists made a pretty solid case for their practice of shooting anyone trying to cross, going either direction. It was basically, "yeah, this an International Border, we have an obligation not to allow illegal entry into our neighbors, because we are good neighbors, and if someone is trying to jump the border we don't know if he is some kind of spy returning, etc."

well I will tell you that when I was on Border tour we were told explicitly if we so much as stuck our hand across that line they would shoot at us. Off topic but we were also told that we were to make no gestures of any kind or make any attempt to communicate with the Border guards and then if we did it would end our career and probably lead to some time in the stockade.

and please let me assure you it's not like they were some great distance away from us. I'm pretty sure the guy on the right as you're facing the picture has got a picture of me taking a picture of him on his Facebook page somewhere too
        Last edited by Lunch Meat; 02-01-2019, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Here's a good article on the Israeli wall: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...gration-99-per

Squid: No I am not Canadian - but I do enjoy Tim Hortons fine coffee and cuisine. And when Seattle gets a hockey team, I will still root for the Canucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
            Here's a good article on the Israeli wall: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...gration-99-per

Squid: No I am not Canadian - but I do enjoy Tim Hortons fine coffee and cuisine. And when Seattle gets a hockey team, I will still root for the Canucks.
            But Israel and the United States’ southern borders are significantly different. (not really, both are arid desert mixed terrain, with 3rd world "clients")

The Israel-Egypt border fence is about 150 miles.

The U.S.-Mexico border is nearly 2,000 miles.

(I guess 2,000 is 1,600, if you for some odd reason are hung up on only one significant digit. I prefer to just say "Ten times longer", since that is 25% more accurate. Notice the US funding of Israeli wall never even showed up as any particular budget item, much less any Great Debate in USA. yes, that means the USA has a 1000 to 1 advantage is productive area/distance to fund the Wall. It cost MORE per sq ft to protect smaller area)

Terrain conditions and number of agents needed to monitor the border are not comparable either, Jones said.

(Yes, USA is much easier, due to USA's massive population VS Israel, and the fact we have all the construction resources in USA, as opposed to shipping everything to Israel on the other side of the world)

"Most of the Israeli fence goes through open, arid terrain. Easy to access, easy to build, easy to monitor with agents," Jones said.

(so does 99% of Mex Border. Ask any experienced hikers if there are any challenging sections of US/Mex border worth exploring. "not really" is the answer. All areas fine for beginner day hikers, including middle-aged and out of shape. People (like Jones) that say otherwise are simply lying, which is why there aren't any pics of this legendary "impassible terrain"....show me on Google Maps LMAO)

Most of the lying/playing dumb from "prestigious WashDC based think tanks" about the Border centers on pretending The Wall being a strictly stand alone Yes/No question, which is odd because all those "Think Tanks" themselves have both wall and Human security on site everyday. The other "area of dishonestly" is to claim that because there are other ways to illegally enter the USA, a Wall on Border wont do any good. You need a Wall, or lock on door of Think Tank, THEN you start tightening up other holes in Security. Checking Con-Ex boxes at ports for drugs wont do much good with over 1000 miles of open border remains in remote desert.

Corruption of BP Agents. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdrvkIzPItU This is why I've spec-ed non-LEO random NEETS to do remote surveillance with Drones, and the NEETS would be randomly assigned sections, so they couldn't be contacted and corrupted as is SOP with our Civil Service LEO, Drones collecting video which could be further reviewed by other non-LEOs to "watch the watchers".
            Last edited by Squid; 02-02-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by v859 View Post
              Squid what kind of crazy new math is that?

No one prices a fence or wall by price/linear foot/area to be protected.

That is a made up number that had no real life application and exists only to allow someone to "prove" a point. See lies, darned lines and statistics
              EVERYONE does. That is why any Business or Govt installation is as big in area as it can be and still be close to other stuff. That is why the US Constitution says "provide for COMMON defense".

Have someone explain these very basic concepts to you.

Or maybe you should get a job professionally Playing Dumb at a Wash DC based Think Tank.

Comment

EVERYONE does. That is why any Business or Govt installation is as big in area as it can be and still be close to other stuff. That is why the US Constitution says "provide for COMMON defense".

Have someone explain these very basic concepts to you.

Or maybe you should get a job professionally Playing Dumb at a Wash DC based Think Tank.
                I know, right. I can’t believe some people can’t comprehend these simple concepts.

Comment

Meanwhile, it looks like some people are successfully keeping unwanted people from crossing the Border. Check out the smirk on the guy at extreme right side of photo. https://www.latimes.com/nation/immig...202-story.html

Air tight Border Security against even highly trained spies is actually pretty easy. http://www.dailycal.org/2011/08/20/u...ars-in-prison/
                  MY spies have informed me THAT terrain is more remote and rugged than anything on US/Mex Border AND that there is nothing of interest (besides sneaking into Iran) to possibly justify "hiking" in such an odd location. They were caught by a little boy and his shepard dog. Tactically, remote locations are pretty easy to catch intruders in, since they will need to travel in open for miles.

Comment

I live in a border state if not actually on the border and I know quite a few people who actually do live within a mile of Mexico.

The rules down there pretty simple; you don't leave your house without a gun. You don't leave your animals out at night. You pull the batteries out of your vehicles at night. you make damn sure you lock every door and window on your property at night. not that it does much good but if your property is gated you lock the gate and you take a look around before you leave your house.

I think everybody who doesn't think need a wall should live in Sierra Vista for a month.

Comment

Squid, Lunch Meat, as two guys well versed in our border problems and, probably, movers and shakers in the business, what do you think are the best options for border security? Wall? Claymore mines? Snipers? Man hunters?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
                        Squid, Lunch Meat, as two guys well versed in our border problems and, probably, movers and shakers in the business, what do you think are the best options for border security? Wall? Claymore mines? Snipers? Man hunters?
                        As I've laid out, a layered 100ft Razor Wire "defense in depth" with 16ft Con-Ex based wall as final barrier, backed by PitBulls, who are in turn backed by Paroles, who would be overseen by NEET operated CCTV towers and Drones, who's work would be cross checked by other NEETS. Finally, a 1 mile wide Restricted Zone that could be used for ranching, farming, etc but off limits to unauthorized personal where intruders that got past the 100ft would further be pursued by dogs, drones and armed BP agents and armed civilians.

IMO, this would be cost effective enough to "pay for itself" purely through massive increase in property values (and property taxes) along the border.

Another good option would be knock about 300 miles into sparsely populated (edit, North Mexico as in from Pacific to Gulf, not New Mexico)N Mexico, ship everyone south, and declare a "Security Zone/World Wildlife Preserve".
                        Last edited by Squid; 02-03-2019, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
                          Start prosecuting employers who hire illegals no exceptions

Comment

Originally posted by Lunch Meat View Post

Start prosecuting employers who hire illegals no exceptions
                            IMO "privacy of employment" should be a right. No Employment taxes allowed. If Govt did its job, wouldn't be enough non-Citizens in USA to matter. If some tourist from Japan wants to work in real McDonalds for a week let him. Wages are not "income", they are an EVEN EXCHANGE of Valuable Time for Money. Only way Wages are Income is if Govt owns me as a slave.

One of the main reasons people employee Illegals "off the books" is The Books are a major drag. Also, no one can or will tell you definitively who can legally work, but if you refuse to employ someone who IS legal, you can be sued. When I was in college I'd here about foreign students with employers that "weren't sure" and were "checking" etc. Every large employer is guilty of both wrongful employment and wrongful refusal.https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/ac...n-requirements

This 100pg PDF isn't the actual rules. Its just an overview of various sections of actual laws. All this is just to "Determine Employment Eligibility". https://www.uscis.gov/book/export/html/59502/en

About 1/2 way into the handbook.....

11.4 Avoiding Discrimination in Recruiting, Hiring, and the Form I-9 Process

In practice, you should treat individuals equally when recruiting and hiring, and when verifying employment authorization and identity during the Form I-9 process.
                            You should not:
                            • Have different rules or requirements for individuals because of their national origin, citizenship, or immigration status. For example, you cannot demand that non-U.S. citizens present DHS issued documents. Each individual must be allowed to choose the documents that they will present from the lists of acceptable Form I-9 documents. For example, both citizens and other employment authorized individuals may present a driver’s license (List B) and an unrestricted Social Security card (List C) to establish identity and employment authorization. However, you must reject documents that do not reasonably appear to be genuine or to relate to the individual presenting them.
                            • Request to see employment eligibility verification documents before hire and completion of Form I-9 because an individual looks or sounds “foreign,” or because the individual states that they are not a U.S. citizen.
                            • Refuse to accept a document, or refuse to hire an individual, because a document has a future expiration date.
                            • Request specific documents from individuals to run an E-Verify case or based on an E-Verify tentative nonconfirmation.
                            • Request that an individual run a Self Check case and/or present documents showing the individual cleared Self Check.
                            • Request that an employee who presented an unexpired Permanent Resident Card present a new document when the Permanent Resident Card expires.
                            • Request specific documents for reverification. For Example, an employee who presented an unexpired Employment Authorization Document (Form I-766) during initial verification should be requested to present any document of their choosing from either from List A or from List C during reverification.
                            • Limit jobs to U.S. citizens unless U.S. citizenship is required for the specific position by law; regulation; executive order; or federal, state, or local government contract.

11.5 Employers Prohibited From Retaliating Against Employees

You cannot take retaliatory action against a person who has filed a charge of discrimination with IER or the EEOC, participates in the investigation or prosecution of a discrimination complaint, such as by serving as a witness, or otherwise asserts rights under the INA’s anti-discrimination provision and/or Title VII. Such retaliatory action may constitute a violation of the INA’s anti-discrimination provision, Title VII, and other federal anti-discrimination law.

11.6 Procedures for Filing Charges of Employment Discrimination

IER

Discrimination charges may be filed by an individual, a person acting on behalf of such an individual, or a DHS officer who has reason to believe that discrimination has occurred. Discrimination charges must be filed with IER within 180 days of the alleged discriminatory act.
                            Upon receipt of a complete discrimination charge, IER will notify you within 10 days that a charge has been filed against you and start its investigation. If you refuse to cooperate with IER’s investigation, IER can obtain a subpoena to compel you to produce the information and documents requested or to appear for an investigative interview.
                            If IER has not filed a complaint with an administrative law judge within 120 days of receiving a charge of discrimination, it will notify the charging party (other than a DHS officer) of their right to file a complaint with an administrative law judge within 90 days after receiving the notice.
                            Additionally, IER may also file a complaint. If a complaint is filed, the administrative law judge will conduct a hearing and issue a decision. IER may also attempt to settle a charge, or the parties may enter into a settlement agreement resolving the charge.

THERE IS NO GOVT OFFICE THAT WILL TELL YOU IF SOMEONE IS OK TO EMPLOY, OR NOT.
                            Last edited by Squid; 02-03-2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

IMO "privacy of employment" should be a right. No Employment taxes allowed. If Govt did its job, wouldn't be enough non-Citizens in USA to matter. If some tourist from Japan wants to work in real McDonalds for a week let him. Wages are not "income", they are an EVEN EXCHANGE of Valuable Time for Money. Only way Wages are Income is if Govt owns me as a slave.

One of the main reasons people employee Illegals "off the books" is The Books are a major drag. Also, no one can or will tell you definitively who can legally work, but if you refuse to employ someone who IS legal, you can be sued. When I was in college I'd here about foreign students with employers that "weren't sure" and were "checking" etc. Every large employer is guilty of both wrongful employment and wrongful refusal.https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/ac...n-requirements

This 100pg PDF isn't the actual rules. Its just an overview of various sections of actual laws. All this is just to "Determine Employment Eligibility". https://www.uscis.gov/book/export/html/59502/en

About 1/2 way into the handbook.....

11.4 Avoiding Discrimination in Recruiting, Hiring, and the Form I-9 Process

In practice, you should treat individuals equally when recruiting and hiring, and when verifying employment authorization and identity during the Form I-9 process.
                              You should not:
                              • Have different rules or requirements for individuals because of their national origin, citizenship, or immigration status. For example, you cannot demand that non-U.S. citizens present DHS issued documents. Each individual must be allowed to choose the documents that they will present from the lists of acceptable Form I-9 documents. For example, both citizens and other employment authorized individuals may present a driver’s license (List B) and an unrestricted Social Security card (List C) to establish identity and employment authorization. However, you must reject documents that do not reasonably appear to be genuine or to relate to the individual presenting them.
                              • Request to see employment eligibility verification documents before hire and completion of Form I-9 because an individual looks or sounds “foreign,” or because the individual states that they are not a U.S. citizen.
                              • Refuse to accept a document, or refuse to hire an individual, because a document has a future expiration date.
                              • Request specific documents from individuals to run an E-Verify case or based on an E-Verify tentative nonconfirmation.
                              • Request that an individual run a Self Check case and/or present documents showing the individual cleared Self Check.
                              • Request that an employee who presented an unexpired Permanent Resident Card present a new document when the Permanent Resident Card expires.
                              • Request specific documents for reverification. For Example, an employee who presented an unexpired Employment Authorization Document (Form I-766) during initial verification should be requested to present any document of their choosing from either from List A or from List C during reverification.
                              • Limit jobs to U.S. citizens unless U.S. citizenship is required for the specific position by law; regulation; executive order; or federal, state, or local government contract.

11.5 Employers Prohibited From Retaliating Against Employees

You cannot take retaliatory action against a person who has filed a charge of discrimination with IER or the EEOC, participates in the investigation or prosecution of a discrimination complaint, such as by serving as a witness, or otherwise asserts rights under the INA’s anti-discrimination provision and/or Title VII. Such retaliatory action may constitute a violation of the INA’s anti-discrimination provision, Title VII, and other federal anti-discrimination law.

11.6 Procedures for Filing Charges of Employment Discrimination

IER

Discrimination charges may be filed by an individual, a person acting on behalf of such an individual, or a DHS officer who has reason to believe that discrimination has occurred. Discrimination charges must be filed with IER within 180 days of the alleged discriminatory act.
                              Upon receipt of a complete discrimination charge, IER will notify you within 10 days that a charge has been filed against you and start its investigation. If you refuse to cooperate with IER’s investigation, IER can obtain a subpoena to compel you to produce the information and documents requested or to appear for an investigative interview.
                              If IER has not filed a complaint with an administrative law judge within 120 days of receiving a charge of discrimination, it will notify the charging party (other than a DHS officer) of their right to file a complaint with an administrative law judge within 90 days after receiving the notice.
                              Additionally, IER may also file a complaint. If a complaint is filed, the administrative law judge will conduct a hearing and issue a decision. IER may also attempt to settle a charge, or the parties may enter into a settlement agreement resolving the charge.

THERE IS NO GOVT OFFICE THAT WILL TELL YOU IF SOMEONE IS OK TO EMPLOY, OR NOT.

Well yes and no.

Leaving everything else aside, maintaining control of who crosses our borders is and absolutely should be within the purview of the federal government. That's one of the things the government was instituted to do.

Remember I live in a border state these employers know when they're hiring illegals. When you have an entire crew of drywallers none of whom speak English and all of whom are making 12 bucks an hour. Don't tell me the general contractor doesn't know that they're illegals.

there are a bunch of little Mexican fast food joints down here like Albert tacos or Taco Star what are the franchise is owned by Mexican and the entire Crews illegals and they all make 7 Bucks an hour and they all work 50 and 60 hours a week and none of them get overtime and most of them were lucky to see their whole paycheck. Again, don't tell me the employer doesn't know he hired a bunch of illegals.

Comment

Where I work there is at least one restaurant that admitted privately that they know they have employees working under fake names and social security numbers. They don''t care. I suspect that is because Seattle is a sanctuary city, so all parties know the chances of being caught are slim to none. You can also get a driver's license in WA without proof of citizenship (or even resident alien status), so they all flock here to get ID.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X