Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump has asked me to price out Private Security solution for The Border.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Trump has asked me to price out Private Security solution for The Border.

OK, I wasn't actually asked by anyone, much less the POTUS, but this seems an obvious question no one is asking. Because I'm pretty sure it would be about 2x as effective at 1/5 the cost of anything the Fed Govt could come up with. I've worked at ports checking foreign sailors on and off foreign ships (and some weren't allowed to leave ship), as the one and only "authority" between them and US territory, so it seems legally doable.

But what does the brain trust come up with as far as costs for Complete Security Solution for say a 10 mile section on mixed terrain at fairly remote location. 10yr Contract, with extension/buy out of any installed Infrastructure/Staff Housing. Figure your bid could be for as many 10mile sections as you could handle, so maybe give "development costs" as "per unit". One year to complete first section. All permits cleared.

Infrastructure AND staffing. Dogs and Drones allowed. Figure you'd have a 100ft swath of dirt to work with as far as Infrastructure, and 1 mile of "wilderness" clear to pursue for apprehension (after which would be BP's job to chase them). Looking for 99.99% Detection rate, and 90% Apprehension rate of unarmed groups of up to 10 able bodied adults.

Including everything except installation of wells and septic, since who the hell knows what that would cost, unless you do know.

I'm thinking 3 layers of fence creating two zones. 1st Fence would be trigger and 1st zone would also be impossible to cross without detection. 2nd Fence would be fairly hard to breach, and 2nd zone would be patrolled by vicious dogs. 3rd fence would be mostly to keep the dogs in the 2nd zone. Main purpose of 1st zone would be to protect dogs from being easily poisoned.

I'm also thinking decommissioned CON-Ex boxes could play a role. Maybe as 3rd fence and housing and storage for staff. Make the roofs a "road" (with about 6ft high 'veil' of corrugated steel on south side) for E-bikes, golf carts and dogs. I've always felt the only thing better than "visual deterrent" is when a would be intruder knows you MIGHT be looking right at them but they can't tell.

I'm thinking of "Pitbulls and Parolees: The Final Frontier" https://www.animalplanet.com/tv-show...-and-parolees/

That would ensure an ample supply of both vicious dogs and low wage K-9 handlers. It would also provide much needed supervised gainful employment for parolees a nice safe distance away from pre-schools, dive bars and other temptations. I guess you'd have to watch for any parolees working with "Coyotes".

That Overwatch would be provided by (non-lethal, but pepperspray AND UV marking dye a possibility) Drone operators, who, like their counterparts in War on Terror, could do the actual operation remotely, without having to leave their mom's basement in Wisconsin, that in turn would provide much needed supervised (by mom, lol) gainful employment for NEETs (Not in Education, Employment or Training). Only a few drone mechanics would be needed for servicing. NEETS could also monitor hi-res stationary tower CCTV. It would be like Uber, but diff. You sign up, then log on when a camera becomes "free" and start earning. That would require a web-cam on your end to make sure you are more or less actually using the camera. That would be the entry level before you get a Drone. Earnings would flex depending on demand. Small bonus for finding and logging any movement, including wild life, tumbleweeds, dust-devils and major bonus for intruders.

I love it when a plan comes together. Note that in Ps & Ps and Drones & NEETs I'm not looking for perfection and expecting a few losses, but mostly just of Drones, which themselves would be largely repairable/recyclable, and hence "immortal".

Hell, I wish I could get paid for hanging out in some remote outback, just me and some dogs. Target practice, mtn bike exploring, camping.

But don't rely on my ideas.

How would costs break down? How much staff? What levels of pay/qualifications?
    Last edited by Squid; 01-28-2019, 05:59 PM.

So much wrong with this.

So Squid how are you planning on getting your Parolees and NEETS their security clearances? You did know that border patrol agents had those right? You also know that their main mission is to prevent the entry of terrorists and WMDs right?

What do you think is going to happen the first time one of your parolees release a dog on a child? Here is a hint, he goes back to jail, the government loses millions in a lawsuit and your contract goes bye bye.

All of this is available on the CBP website and the border isn't a place for bottom of the barrel

Security is a vital service but they need to know when to stay in their lane

Comment

Originally posted by v859 View Post
      So much wrong with this.

So Squid how are you planning on getting your Parolees and NEETS their security clearances?
      I had no Security Clearance when I was sole person between foreign ships with "prohibited persons" and US soil.

Ever seen a sign that says "Beware of Dog"? No "child" is gonna get past 1st and 2nd fence without adult help. Lord knows not even US Govt can keep certain people from putting their own kids in harm's way. The Parolees would not be "releasing" the dogs, the dogs would be loose, and that would be their instructions. Parolees' job would be to contact authorities after dogs alerted and made contact.

A robust fence is a more than "reasonable duty to protect public". If someone feels like jumping off a 10 story building that does not come back on the building's owner as long as he made fairly sure no one would do that by accident. Likewise, if someone runs out in front of your car and gets killed on Freeway where no one is supposed to be walking in the 1st place the cops wont even cite the driver (even though in CA "the pedestrian ALWAYS has the right of way").

How does the BP know if people (and their huge backpacks) they never catch are "terrorists and WMDs"? Hint: they have no clue.

If BP aren't "the bottom of the barrel" wouldn't they be resigning in protest since they aren't being ALLOWED to even fake being able to stop "entry of terrorists and WMDs". Could anyone, or any system/organization be doing a worse job? From what I see, BP is to The Border what NYPD is to The Five Families. The ONLY BP I could respect is one that published an expose on what is wrong.

When I was working the Ports and we were told (by USCG officer no less) that we should accept PHOTOCOPY of passports as ID to check against our lists, I considered "resigning in protest" but only wanted to see more of what the hell was going on (not only the photocopy Passports but they can wheel off UNLIMITED packages of whatever, no questions ALLOWED, and those freighters have ballast tanks that could hold a McMansion or two that don't get searched by anyone).

Some of my coworker port guards (non-citizens from 3rd world) were equally dumbfounded that USA would let non-citizens virtually "off the street" be in charge of Port non-security.

What are your ideas?

Last edited by Squid; 01-28-2019, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Personally I think you are a LEO trolling this board.

First of all, you say BP is bottom of the barrel but then you want to use them to catch those who slip through your defenses.

Second you claim foreign nationals from 3rd world countries are guarding ports. Yet you claim to have a TWIC. If you do you would know what the requirements for that are

Anyway my solutions for the border have nothing to do with security. On the pull side you need to start prosecuting employers hiring illegal aliens. On the push side (which is more important) you need to invest some resources in the countries the aliens are coming from. If you don't change the conditions pushing people into the US you won't really change anything.

Comment

Hint v859, you have no clue what you speak. I suggest you take this opportunity to glean some wisdom.

Comment

Wrong. I have over 2000 hours of training in public safety (PD, FD, EMS, Dispatch, Security and civil regulations). Not including work experience. Oh and by the way. That was all before age 30

Comment

Comment

First of all, you say BP is bottom of the barrel but then you want to use them to catch those who slip through your defenses.

Second you claim foreign nationals from 3rd world countries are guarding ports. Yet you claim to have a TWIC. If you do you would know what the requirements for that are

Anyway my solutions for the border have nothing to do with security. On the pull side you need to start prosecuting employers hiring illegal aliens. On the push side (which is more important) you need to invest some resources in the countries the aliens are coming from. If you don't change the conditions pushing people into the US you won't really change anything.
                I've heard good things about BP agents individually, but they are also shlubs that accept treason from superiors. Even Fed Govt workers should be able to round up people who have been sprayed with UV paint and have drones circling overhead like techo-punk vultures. As far as "humanitarian", drones could do quick assessment of any beleaguered persons and even quickly deliver life saving aid such as bottles of water, food, space blanket, insulin, snake bite antidote, etc fast, cheap and at no risk. That would make BP response Not An Emergency and greatly reduce costs. One retired school bus driving and a surplus barely running school bus driving "the route" instead of 8 diff BP agents in 8 brand new 4x4 SUVs going in 8 different directions.

The more I think about it, the more obvious it is that someone is trying very hard to NOT do a very simple task.

People say "the Border is just so big". Actually, its very, very small compared to countless perimeters secured around other sites. Its a linear VS area math relationship. USA is 3 million sq miles area, with a 1600 mile Border to protect, thus, each mile of Border protects 1,800 square miles worth of USA, which is a square 43 miles on each side. Obviously the Border, not the individual little fences and walls inside the USA, is what you want to seal, not because it would "solve everything" but because its far away the most "bang for your buck".

And 99.99% of the Border is very easy to protect, since its open barren wilderness without any life support. Only the Bonneville Salt Flats would be easier to partition from tactical standpoint.

All we really need to do on The Border is call out the "Emporer's New Clothes" farce about how "we just can't do it, its just too hard". Kinda reminds me of how the "Court Reporter Mafia" makes totally unfounded claims about "tape recordings aren't good enough" to justify their $100+/hr fees.

From TWIC website "You may apply if you are a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, naturalized citizen or a nonimmigrant alien, asylee, or refugee who is in lawful status.
                "
                In other words, anyone with a $20 fake Birth Cert from any Third World Hellhole and new CA "Drivers Lic for EVERYONE" can get a TWIC.

I agree about employers. Currently, IRS gives a complete Pass on rampant tax evasion by employers of Illegals. Just "treat everyone equally" and no one is going to risk prison and 1/2 dozen Fed Felonies to save money on janitorial. However, with new TIN that is no longer really a crime. But employment is only 20% of the draw, IMO. Anyone who has been to Mexico can tell you "The People" are the "conditions". They could change, but they don't want to, which is normal. But they see a way to vastly improve their Standard Of Living without needing to undergo an arduous change, so they take it, which is also natural.

I asked an Illegal about what they thought about coming illegally to USA, and he said "Its like if you where shopping for something you needed but couldn't find one you could afford, then you meet someone who was giving one away for free that works great".

To them crossing the Border is like jaywalking, or cutting through a field posted with "no trespassing" signs. You know its "illegal" but no one is around to stop you, and its not considered "bad".
                Last edited by Squid; 01-29-2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

He's NOT an LEO. He's just a poser who thinks he knows more...hint: he doesn't. Everything he posts is so full of holes, a semi can drive through. Just look at who his two followers are, there you go.

Used to be, there was professional discourse on here. Now it's just squid, lone wolf, and lunch heat, talking trash and thinking they are the greatest.
                  They continue to post The Stupid.

Now watch their replies. You get the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
                    Hint v859, you have no clue what you speak. I suggest you take this opportunity to glean some wisdom.
                    Actually, he has more veracity on here than YOU do. You're just another guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post

He's NOT an LEO. He's just a poser who thinks he knows more...hint: he doesn't. Everything he posts is so full of holes, a semi can drive through. Just look at who his two followers are, there you go.

Used to be, there was professional discourse on here. Now it's just squid, lone wolf, and lunch heat, talking trash and thinking they are the greatest.
                      They continue to post The Stupid.

Now watch their replies. You get the picture.
                      Saved for reporting

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
                        Used to be, there was professional discourse on here.
                        Nope. You can go back YEARS and there's really nothing other than what Curtis Baile or Security Trainer posted (certainly nothing YOU posted) worth reading

Comment

[QUOTE=Lunch Meat;n247176]

Nope. You can go back YEARS and there's really nothing other than what Curtis Baile or Security Trainer posted (certainly nothing YOU posted) worth reading

I've read some good stuff from PhantomX0990 and CTEXSEC1. There are others on this forum who have posted some handy info. Try taking your thoughts on where private security should be headed over to the fine folks at officer.com.

Comment

[QUOTE=fortsmithman;n247177]
                            Originally posted by Lunch Meat View Post

I've read some good stuff from PhantomX0990 and CTEXSEC1. There are others on this forum who have posted some handy info. Try taking your thoughts on where private security should be headed over to the fine folks at officer.com.
                            Officer.com is for cops.

there was one other guy who worked hotel security in Canada who usually had good input.

bottom line though, as long as this place is run by a frustrated Hall Monitor like Soper you're not going to get any meaningful participation because nobody's going to want to come here and be belittled by him.

I went to officer.com to check it out and found Soper's alter ego over there bashing Squid, Lone Wolf and myself by name and none of us even participate there. Why would I even want to open an account?

Your best bet would be Reddit
                            Last edited by Lunch Meat; 01-30-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lunch Meat;n247178]
                              Originally posted by fortsmithman View Post

Officer.com is for cops.

there was one other guy who worked hotel security in Canada who usually had good input.

bottom line though, as long as this place is run by a frustrated Hall Monitor like Soper you're not going to get any meaningful participation because nobody's going to want to come here and be belittled by him.

I went to officer.com to check it out and found Soper's alter ego over there bashing Squid, Lone Wolf and myself by name and none of us even participate there. Why would I even want to open an account?

Your best bet would be Reddit
                              Really? Too funny. I guess we're "living in his head, rent free".

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X