• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squid
    started a topic $30/hr Flex hospital gig in 'Frisco

$30/hr Flex hospital gig in 'Frisco

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/sec...803159510.html

Now for the not so good factors.

1)Haven't heard too much good about Securitas (or any other mega-firm) BUT....their size means they will be forced to comply with several SF City mandated extra benefits.

2)"First Responder" in a hospital in SF generally means dealing with abusive drug fiends, while not being allowed to deal with them by nurses, which can be mentally taxing. You will be required to walk the finest of fine lines, and you WILL be getting total BS lies and complaints from all directions. Good chance on getting fired due to lies you are never allowed to know about.

3)Likelyhood of contracting AIDS, Hep, TB, etc. IIRC if you test Neg for all that when hired, but get it while working at such a post the legal deal is "maybe you got it somewhere else, tough-titty".

4)Last but not least: "FLEX" in SF means either you pay sky-high SF rents OR you plan on getting slammed in bumper to bumper traffic for 2-3 hours a pop on regular basis.

But this does sound like good gig for Career Advancement especially if you want "action". Probably become a mini-Paramedic, drug expert, as well as "criminal psychologist", just from being "in the room".

• Squid
    replied
    Originally posted by Consolewatcher View Post

Yeah, "round them up" might not mean "go in and arrest them". It could mean "tell us exactly where these people live, what times they're home, etc..".
    I've heard of "non-sworn Housing Police" but IIRC in SF they got just SFPD and private contract guards. But this was defiantly about having to track down people WITHOUT any police backup. I'm guessing it was to make a Trespassing Arrest for known squatters after they had been repeatedly cited by SFPD Catch and Release and were now playing "cat and mouse". You'd get cited for being in a unit a couple times, then you learn to step outside the unit and stand on steps next door when Five-O in da 'hood, then you get "cited off the property" but I'm guessing all it takes is for one person to invite you back ON the "property" (whole Project) etc.

Leave a comment:

• Lunch Meat
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post

Absolute BS. You've posted that many times, and it's BS. Citizens cannot serve warrants. No one has "teen arks" in their baton unless they nibble on it. SFPD don't "burn rubber..."

WHEN will you stop making things up, squid? Your pathetic grabs for attention by lying every time you speak or type are getting old.

Grow up.

Saved for reporting

Leave a comment:

• Consolewatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Squid View Post

I wondered about the "round 'em up". I think it MIGHT have been just serve Eviction or other papers and that SHOULD come from Housing, not PD, but maybe PD is who tells Housing a resident is criminal, etc. Might have been who to arrest for Trespassing/Squatting because there is a lot of that, and cops know who it is, and where they are squatting, but not always when to catch them in act. I've heard of hood rats who have been Cited for Trespass at one location and then have to move not just next door but to a whole other complex few blocks away.

The prized tooth (pronounced "teephs" in the 'hood) marks were result of a struggle in which baton was attempted to be used across the subject's throat, but got across their big mouth instead, then their subject's chin was impact with baton in mouth, resulting in nice set of "teeph" marks on baton. Not sure if "teephs" were of the "grillz" variety.

By "burn rubber" I meant what cops would call "exhibition of speed" and squealing tires, with total disregard for safety of others, especially pedestrians and children. This has been an issue in the ghetto for some time, both the dangerous driving and cowardice. Its true that ACTUALLY "burning rubber" can have the effect of substantially slowing your launch as well as INCREASING safely by alerting everyone of your action.
    Yeah, "round them up" might not mean "go in and arrest them". It could mean "tell us exactly where these people live, what times they're home, etc..".

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post

Absolute BS. You've posted that many times, and it's BS. Citizens cannot serve warrants. No one has "teen arks" in their baton unless they nibble on it. SFPD don't "burn rubber..."

WHEN will you stop making things up, squid? Your pathetic grabs for attention by lying every time you speak or type are getting old.

Grow up.
    I wondered about the "round 'em up". I think it MIGHT have been just serve Eviction or other papers and that SHOULD come from Housing, not PD, but maybe PD is who tells Housing a resident is criminal, etc. Might have been who to arrest for Trespassing/Squatting because there is a lot of that, and cops know who it is, and where they are squatting, but not always when to catch them in act. I've heard of hood rats who have been Cited for Trespass at one location and then have to move not just next door but to a whole other complex few blocks away.

The prized tooth (pronounced "teephs" in the 'hood) marks were result of a struggle in which baton was attempted to be used across the subject's throat, but got across their big mouth instead, then their subject's chin was impact with baton in mouth, resulting in nice set of "teeph" marks on baton. Not sure if "teephs" were of the "grillz" variety.

By "burn rubber" I meant what cops would call "exhibition of speed" and squealing tires, with total disregard for safety of others, especially pedestrians and children. This has been an issue in the ghetto for some time, both the dangerous driving and cowardice. Its true that ACTUALLY "burning rubber" can have the effect of substantially slowing your launch as well as INCREASING safely by alerting everyone of your action.
    Last edited by Squid; 01-25-2019, 01:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied
    Originally posted by Squid View Post

Security for Public Housing is always hiring. Guy was showing me teeth marks on his baton. Said SFPD would give him a stack of Warrants and expect him to round up perps on his own, no backup. SFPD themselves don't go in less than 6 deep. When "shots fired" happens SFPD burns rubber the hell out of Dodge, then waits a while so that whoever was shooting is long gone.

Grow up.

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied
    Originally posted by Lunch Meat View Post
    Absolutely not. I've been lucky enough not to have to do hospital security ever but there's not a single company that I am aware of that will even pay for their guards to get a hepatitis shot before they go to work in the hospital.

the company that I work for has a guy right now going through the whole HIV workup because some Tweakers stabbed him with a needle.

also as I believe I mentioned previously the guys at work for my company that work in the hospitals go to work every night with the expectation that they're going to have to fight somebody

Not here. Not now. Not ever. And not for only 30 bucks
    Knew a guy was working at major public hospital in East Bay that was also some major hub for 5150/drug fiend outpatients. He was making under $12 and going "hand on" everyday. He says he never got any real guidelines on exactly who was even authorized to have him go Hands On and to what degree, but I guess everyone he was dealing with were so spun and down trodden no one was raising legal issues. But you never know when some relative with money and means is gonna pop up, or if some investigation starts.

Another issue with hospitals, more even than jails, is you are going to get otherwise reasonable people in emotional states they aren't use to, mostly about other people's medical situations. How many people end up in jail and their friends and family are "shocked" and "just don't understand"?

PS-all over SF there are bill boards for something called "PreP" which is a drug you take so you don't get AIDS during high risk sex. I'm guessing its saved for High Risk Sex users and not given to First Responders. Giving someone AIDS intentionally is now just a Misdemeanor in CA. Probably a non-Violent "catch and release" no jail ticket.

On the other hand, I have known guards that felt their Hospital Security gigs were "meaningful" as opposed to guarding "dirt pile" or some trashy retail like liquor store which "world would be better off without". Then you hear about the Director making mid-6 figs as part time, and he's not even a doctor.
    Last edited by Squid; 01-25-2019, 04:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lunch Meat
    replied
    Absolutely not. I've been lucky enough not to have to do hospital security ever but there's not a single company that I am aware of that will even pay for their guards to get a hepatitis shot before they go to work in the hospital.

the company that I work for has a guy right now going through the whole HIV workup because some Tweakers stabbed him with a needle.

also as I believe I mentioned previously the guys at work for my company that work in the hospitals go to work every night with the expectation that they're going to have to fight somebody

Not here. Not now. Not ever. And not for only 30 bucks

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    While I love action, I would have to pass on that. Since it’s SF, they would rather have you pass out hugs than take care of business.
    Security for Public Housing is always hiring. Guy was showing me teeth marks on his baton. Said SFPD would give him a stack of Warrants and expect him to round up perps on his own, no backup. SFPD themselves don't go in less than 6 deep. When "shots fired" happens SFPD burns rubber the hell out of Dodge, then waits a while so that whoever was shooting is long gone.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Wolf
    replied
    While I love action, I would have to pass on that. Since it’s SF, they would rather have you pass out hugs than take care of business.

Leave a comment:

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X