Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will upscale private schools be hiring more Security in wake of Kid VS Indian?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will upscale private schools be hiring more Security in wake of Kid VS Indian?

Now that large sectors of Left wing are advocating violence against children?

I hope so. It wouldn't be constant harassing of kids and acting as a defacto "Jailer" monitoring metal detectors etc treating children AS criminals, but instead just hanging around more or less AWAY from the kids, but nearby and "strapped" in case any REAL bad guys show up.

Your primary contacts would be with the MILFs and trophy wives of kids, and they would just be glad their kids are safe. Also, the staff at private schools are a whole diff species than the types you find in the Teacher's Unions.

Mostly daytime, but I expect they'd want muscle for any evening events, and even overnight property protection.

• Squid
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post

And that's just another reason why you and your little followers are such Fails.
    Guys like me that are self-aware enough to know they might fail "when the moment comes" are far less likely to actually fail than the Bozos that go around telling everyone "I'd never do that". I've seenTHAT a 100 times.

Also, there will be reporters that are world class experts in getting people to talk, even when that person doesn't think they are "talking". Many reporters will be "idiots" but still have amazing interpersonal skills.

I'll leave it to the forum members to judge YOUR level of "interpersonal skills" and whether a good reporter could trick you into "talking to the press" when you don't realize you are.

Anyone who says they haven't been hornswaggled "against their will" into at least listening to a sale pitch and giving out personal info is lying to themselves.

SOP of cops and reporters is to "accept" your refusal, then causally ask about some (in your view) unrelated subject, then work from there. Yes, that even works on cops who you'd think would see it since they use it.

Buddy and real expert on this stuff gave a reporter bogus info about who was in charge and what firm they represented, etc. Sure enough, that reporter was soon "name dropping" using that info trying to pump other people.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Wolf
    replied

And that's just another reason why you and your little followers are such Fails.
    Who’re you calling ‘little’?

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied
    Originally posted by Squid View Post

I'll admit, if something big happened, I'd probably not be able to control myself and start grandstanding.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0R-1ppocYo

Leave a comment:

• Chimpie
    replied
    Originally posted by Lunch Meat View Post
    What is a "Guardian" ?
    After the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in February 2018, Florida legislature mandated that each school has a "safety officer" on campus. Most schools have a resource officer that's part of the local law enforcement agency (county or city), but schools could hire a private agency to provide the service.

From what I've seen/read, most of the guardians hired are former law enforcement or former military.

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied

I've never worked for a company that PERMITTED guards to talk to the press.
    I'll admit, if something big happened, I'd probably not be able to control myself and start grandstanding.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0R-1ppocYo

Leave a comment:

• Lunch Meat
    replied

I've always been told "NEVER EVER talk to 'the press' as a Security Guard" and he is an example of why.

For every person that approves you will have dozens of clients, shareholders, locals, etc generally objecting to your posting.

Not only do you not want any bad guys getting any info, you will ALWAYS look like crap on camera unless they have wardrobe and makeup "do you" first, and they ain't gonna "do you".

Only conceivable reason to talk to press would be as a dis-info campaign of some sort, but I'd want permission, and extra money, to do that.
    I've never worked for a company that PERMITTED guards to talk to the press.

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied

All he needs is a Hot Pocket
    I've always been told "NEVER EVER talk to 'the press' as a Security Guard" and he is an example of why.

For every person that approves you will have dozens of clients, shareholders, locals, etc generally objecting to your posting.

Not only do you not want any bad guys getting any info, you will ALWAYS look like crap on camera unless they have wardrobe and makeup "do you" first, and they ain't gonna "do you".

Only conceivable reason to talk to press would be as a dis-info campaign of some sort, but I'd want permission, and extra money, to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Lunch Meat
    replied

Guy in that story looks like a soup-sandwich with that load-out. Just sayin. Vest looks someone grabbed it out of bin and told him to put it on...fast.

On another note, IMO his accent is too thick for any position that might require him to give directions in any high consequence situation.
    All he needs is a Hot Pocket

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied
    Originally posted by Chimpie View Post
    First, what has happened to this forum? So much negativity, name calling... definitely not the forum I used to know.

Second, there is charter middle/high school here in Florida that has received some publicity lately over a Guardian who is carrying "a military-style long gun along with a handgun".
    http://www.mysuncoast.com/2019/01/22...ary-style-gun/

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20181220/msa-guardian-is-strapped-ready-for-worst-case-scenario
    Guy in that story looks like a soup-sandwich with that load-out. Just sayin. Vest looks someone grabbed it out of bin and told him to put it on...fast.

On another note, IMO his accent is too thick for any position that might require him to give directions in any high consequence situation.

Leave a comment:

• Lunch Meat
    replied
    First, what has happened to this forum? So much negativity, name calling... definitely not the forum I used to know.

Second, there is charter middle/high school here in Florida that has received some publicity lately over a Guardian who is carrying "a military-style long gun
    What is a "Guardian" ?

First, what has happened to this forum? So much negativity, name calling... definitely not the forum I used to know......

Request: Let's discuss/debate the issue of school protection, and not resort to negativity. Please and thank you.
    I think you'd have to make that request directly to our "moderator" as he seems to be the one producing most of the negativity and doing most of the trolling.

Leave a comment:

• Chimpie
    replied

Second, there is charter middle/high school here in Florida that has received some publicity lately over a Guardian who is carrying "a military-style long gun along with a handgun".
    http://www.mysuncoast.com/2019/01/22...ary-style-gun/

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20181220/msa-guardian-is-strapped-ready-for-worst-case-scenario

Request: Let's discuss/debate the issue of school protection, and not resort to negativity. Please and thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Lunch Meat
    replied
    "Strapped..." Yeah. Right.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Leave a comment:

• Lone Wolf
    replied

gig like that its important to set the right precedent and "tone". Last thing you want is to get sucked into some trap where you are expected to know the names of 100s of little brats, and their nick names, and who is who's brother etc.

You want to be an aloof somewhat menacing presence that might be within eye-contact and hat-tipping range, but is out of verbal communication unless summoned by a school official. The moms are glad they've got "real security" but don't want their kids close (physically or socially) to a guy that seems very serious about being STRAPPED.

You don't want to be Paul Blart, you want to be Lenard Smalls. Make a minor show of running off a couple questionable looking characters you first few days. Your job is intercepting them before anyone at the school has them on "radar". More Active Neighborhood Watch than Close Protection. In addition to displaying the biggest gun you can, hopefully with bandoliers of bullets, and a big Rambo knife, bring binoculars and big zoom camera, and a battle worthy vehicle.
    Agree X1000.

That’s the proper to handle school security. Unfortunately, most schools wouldn’t be down with a setup like that. They would, probably, prefer a sheriff’s deputy outside cowering at the sound of gunfire.

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied
    "Strapped..." Yeah. Right.
    gig like that its important to set the right precedent and "tone". Last thing you want is to get sucked into some trap where you are expected to know the names of 100s of little brats, and their nick names, and who is who's brother etc.

You want to be an aloof somewhat menacing presence that might be within eye-contact and hat-tipping range, but is out of verbal communication unless summoned by a school official. The moms are glad they've got "real security" but don't want their kids close (physically or socially) to a guy that seems very serious about being STRAPPED.

You don't want to be Paul Blart, you want to be Lenard Smalls. Make a minor show of running off a couple questionable looking characters you first few days. Your job is intercepting them before anyone at the school has them on "radar". More Active Neighborhood Watch than Close Protection. In addition to displaying the biggest gun you can, hopefully with bandoliers of bullets, and a big Rambo knife, bring binoculars and big zoom camera, and a battle worthy vehicle.

Leave a comment:

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X