Armed mall security?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed mall security?

I’m looking for a change, possibly a mall so I can interact with people. Does anyone know of any malls that have armed security?

It varies; you don't say what state you're in. I can only speak for WA. Most large mall security is unarmed, but do carry defensive equipment, either collapsible baton and/or pepper spray. I've seen one armed mall (looks like they carry Glock 9mm), and the story I heard is they are in a major gang area.

Make sure your handcuff training is up to date also. Our state requires that if you carry one, you have to carry the other (for contract companies, at least). Understand that mall security is tricky; there is a lot of emphasis on PR and verbal skills. Depending upon your management you may be seen as a necessary part of the facility, but not appreciated.

If you've got the qualifications, you might look at companies that have Federal contracts. Even though the Feds have their own security (FPS - hard to get on with), they frequently use armed contract guards for everything from ID checking to patrol. You'll have to be able get a basic security clearance, but the pay and benefits are much better.
    Last edited by Condo Guard; 01-16-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

yeah, this one.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4kb_HwpyKI

Valley Fair is rated as #1 mall by upper-middle class teenie-bopper chicks. I've noticed its always packed, good economy or bad, year round.

About 20 yrs ago I had an encounter with their Mall Cops. Friend left her ratty old station-wagon dead in parking lot for about a week, and it was my mission to bring it back, dead or alive. Mall Cops gave me a jump start from their golf cart and were exceptionally courteous.

Some radio ad was playing around then (Christmas) about diff between Malls and downtown San Jose (which was at the time hitting what I'd call "peak cops"). Ad had a guy getting a parking ticket explaining meter seemed broken and he'd just popped into store etc, and he asks to cop "where is your Christmas spirit?" and the Cop says "Where is your DRIVER'S LICENSE?"

Anyways, Santa Clara's woman DA office didn't press ANY charges on Guard.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I’m willing to relocate for the job, just so long as there’s action. For me, the action is like oxygen, I need it to live.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
          Thanks for the info guys. I’m willing to relocate for the job, just so long as there’s action. For me, the action is like oxygen, I need it to live.
          $18.50/hr in super expensive area for "top talent" (unarmed I'm guessing). Keep dreaming. In that area your main task will be taking meaningless reports from newly arrived New American "tiger moms" in brand new Lexus SUVS that got in fender bender with other TM in other new Lexus. Most common will be the duplex fender bender, where they bump someone, then backing out that bump another.

Fairly nice mall, IIRC. http://shopwestgatecenter.com/ https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sec...795028462.html

You will get better wage/housing cost ratio as armed guard in much more ghetto Oakland/East Bay area.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
            And THATS why you are a dangerous employee. You lack maturity, among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post

And THATS why you are a dangerous employee. You lack maturity, among other things.
              Saved for reporting

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post

I could say something, but I won’t lower myself to your level.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X