Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump is 5 days away from PERMENTLY firing 800,000 Fed employees! :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump is 5 days away from PERMENTLY firing 800,000 Fed employees! :)

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/199910019

Something about the "shutdown" and 30 days.

IMO, besides building the Wall, this would be best thing to happen in USA for 150yrs.

As well as a stunning opportunity for Private Security to swoop into all sorts of new venues.

There are scads of overpaid, under-worked "Fed Police" doing basic low level warm body gigs that could easily be replaced with massive cost savings and improvement in service.

Also Fed park rangers.

All sorts of other Fed workers do Security related work in a 1001 little agencies, generally hidden from public.

One thing that stuck with me from Civics class was out of approx 3 million Fed workers only 300 are fired each year for poor performance, because its so hard to fire anyone in Fed Govt. That 1 in 10,000 wouldn't even cover twisted love triangles where people plant evidence etc.

• Lunch Meat
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post

And how would YOU do that? Hit people who annoy you? Violate people’s rights because YOU think you are the Be-All, End-All of security guards? You really believe that squids posts are truth and not fantasy? You think squid is an example of a good employee? Read his posts about sleeping on post, refusing to follow guidelines and written policy, each and every time he works...for yet ANOTHER employer.

You really need to grow up.
    Saved for reporting

Leave a comment:

• Jim1348
    replied
    Originally posted by c0187 View Post
    Me personally, I’m not a huge fan of privatizing security. In fact, I think all private security guards would benefit much more going in-house. But don’t jump down my throat just yet. Allow me to explain and emphasize some points...
    I agree with you on ALL of those points. Of course, at least in my case, you are sort of "preaching to the choir" because I, too, work security, but for a different level of government.

When I joined this forum, I never saw it as "Private Contract Security Info Watch", but I guess the majority of people here are private contract security. And, possibly, there are more private contract security folks than there are city, county, state, federal or private, in house, proprietary security folks.

Leave a comment:

• c0187
    replied
    Me personally, I’m not a huge fan of privatizing security. In fact, I think all private security guards would benefit much more going in-house. But don’t jump down my throat just yet. Allow me to explain and emphasize some points;

So I’ve been working as a Municipal Security Guard for 8 years for the city. Before that I worked for various private security companies for about 10 years.

Being in-house security means a myriad of things. A feeling of being a part of the workplace and having actual coworkers that aren’t security. At my work, we have multiple departments, but, we all belong to the same Union, we recieve the same insurance, we go to the same company parties.

We have more authority. When I worked private security, we were on the same level as that of the contract custodial housekeepers. We were bossed around by everyone, and I can’t count on two hands how many times I have been threatened to have my job taken from me because I didn’t agree with the client over stupid stuff like giving special favors or treatment to friends/family of employees that work for the client. I remember one time a manager for the client threatened my job because I refused to empty trash cans in the office, or because I wouldn’t clean the restrooms. And what really hits home is when the security company I worked for backed up the client and said I was in the wrong for not obeying the client!! Ridiculous.

I love being in the Union! It’s great! They help us out with workplace issues. Discrepancies between me and a supervisor gets unbiased attention and solved without being threatened over my job.

Job security. I don’t worry about contracts ending. I don’t worry about being told that my services are no longer needed or that the contract ended and I’m out of a job.

I like being part of an actual team. Not just the security team, but the company team as a whole. It really is a good feeling knowing that all of our paychecks come from the same place.

I mean sure, there are negatives, just like ANY job, but the positives heavily outweigh any negative, by far!

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Thanks for staying on top of this, Squid. Might be time to show the Federal G how it’s really done.
    And how would YOU do that? Hit people who annoy you? Violate people’s rights because YOU think you are the Be-All, End-All of security guards? You really believe that squids posts are truth and not fantasy? You think squid is an example of a good employee? Read his posts about sleeping on post, refusing to follow guidelines and written policy, each and every time he works...for yet ANOTHER employer.

You really need to grow up.

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Thanks for staying on top of this, Squid. Might be time to show the Federal G how it’s really done.
    4 times at 4 diff sites I've been we've tried to contact "Fed Police" or whatever. 3 of those they claimed to be "on site everyday" and assuring us it was "very secure, I'm a Fed Police, etc" then....when they found out WE were next door with full view and actually WERE on-site 24/7 they suddenly became very hard to contact or changed story.

Consensus was these guys were probably off fishing in another state or something. Meanwhile, the Fed Property is infested with copper wire thieves, homeless, etc.

I've done construction (doors, cabinets etc) inside every level of Govt offices. The higher up you go, the worse it gets. City workers have stuff to do, county more lazy, state MUCH more lazy and Fed Govt in class all its own.

IMO its due to less influence of any particular members of public, due to larger jurisdiction.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Wolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X