Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is getting more dangerous out there

https://www.ifpo.org/news/lethal/

While I understand the point that we are not police, our job is getting more dangerous. I know discussions on the other threads have touched on this, to varying degrees of relevancy, but this news both surprised me and didn't surprise me. On my own site I'm pushing for more personal safety training. Let's all agree on one point - we need to be awake, aware and careful. Stay safe in 2019, everyone.

Thank God I work in an isolated area at a distribution site that runs 24/7
    My biggest concern is the families of Coyotes living across the street, and add a few foxes
    It won't be some bad guy that gets me it some fury four legged animal
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

You’re right, Condo, it is getting more dangerous out there. Society is on the brink, between ‘bangers and tangos it’s almost anarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
        You’re right, Condo, it is getting more dangerous out there. Society is on the brink, between ‘bangers and tangos it’s almost anarchy.
        tangos?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tango

Comment

2 Timothy 3 1-6

The Character of Men in the Last Days

3 1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
          Last edited by Lunch Meat; 01-12-2019, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I meant tangos as in the military phonetic alphabet for the letter “T” for terrorist.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
              https://www.ifpo.org/news/lethal/

While I understand the point that we are not police, our job is getting more dangerous. I know discussions on the other threads have touched on this, to varying degrees of relevancy, but this news both surprised me and didn't surprise me. On my own site I'm pushing for more personal safety training. Let's all agree on one point - we need to be awake, aware and careful. Stay safe in 2019, everyone.

While I agree with the basic premise at least a couple of these examples really don't sound like Justified use of force to me. For instance, shooting at somebody who's driving away?

Having said that though, our job is becoming dangerous because the world is becoming more dangerous.

I mean I'd have to write a book on the ills of society to fully explain myself here but people don't recognize any authority except themselves and they certainly don't respect the authority of any "goddamn rent-a-cop". I use that phrase because I walked up to a guy one morning who was parked in front of the gate of a facility I was at and I had to ask him to move but all I managed to say was "Good morning sir" before he looked at me and said "Another goddamn rent-a-cop". Then he took off which is what I wanted anyway. Even here on this forum we have people like pooper who go out of their way to tell us a where a bunch of lazy, stupid "guards". Not officers oh, God forbid don't you dare call yourself an officer you are a "Guard". why should we expect the general public to give us any respect?

The town I live in is overrun with homeless meth heads. They're crazy and they're violent. Where I'm at now I'm behind a 9-foot fence with barbed wire on top of it but I've had run-ins with some of these wackos and I don't let them within arm's length of me and I absolutely never turn my back on them.

Even among the "normal" people there's some whack jobs. I had a delivery driver show up on Thanksgiving night after all the client employees were gone and tell me he was dropping his trailer.

The client rules are simple and explicit no one who's not a client employee is allowed on site when it's closed. As soon as I told this guy I couldn't accept the delivery he went absolutely ballistic on me. He was screaming at me, he was yelling at me I was trying to work with the guy until he called me a stupid mother f*****. At that point I told him if he didn't get off the site immediately I was going to call the police and have him cited for Criminal Trespass and he took a swing at me.

In my town people target security guards because they think it's an easy score for a gun. I've had one serious attempt and one guy who I think was seriously thinking about it just in the last year.

Long story short when it comes to my safety I don't play grab ass at work. I don't care what kind of assignment I'm working, I wear body armor and they carry a first aid kit because you never know what's going to happen next.

I also do not go anywhere but straight to work and straight home wearing a security uniform.
              Last edited by Lunch Meat; 01-12-2019, 09:03 PM.

Comment

You made good points, Lone Wolf and Lunch Meat. I was taught in college to try to look at "the big picture." I think the big picture is a society that has underfunded public education and let the middle class shrink almost out of existence. We have a mass media that praises the lack of two parent families, validates the degenerate lifestyles of the rich and famous, and loves to focus on the negative. A decreasing respect for authority (for some legitimate reasons, like our do nothing politicians) and the flawed criminal justice system is all making things worse and our jobs tougher.

I don't think the average warm body company is going to increase safety training. For now, we're going to have to educate ourselves and adapt to worsening conditions. (Even if it is just by being more alert and not getting complacent.) Sadly, quiet sites like Copie's are going to be fewer and fewer if things keep going the way they are.
                Last edited by Condo Guard; 01-14-2019, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
                  You made good points, Lone Wolf and Lunch Meat. I was taught in college to try to look at "the big picture." I think the big picture is a society that has underfunded public education and let the middle class shrink almost out of existence. We have a mass media that praises the lack of two parent families, validates the degenerate lifestyles of the rich and famous, and loves to focus on the negative. A decreasing respect for authority (for some legitimate reasons, like our do nothing politicians) and the flawed criminal justice system is all making things worse and our jobs tougher.

I don't think the average warm body company is going to increase safety training. For now, we're going to have to educate ourselves and adapt to worsening conditions. (Even if it is just by being more alert and not getting complacent.) Sadly, quiet sites like Copie's are going to be fewer and fewer if things keep going the way they are.
                  Watch anything on prime time television, on any of the networks. ABC, CBS, FOX NBC. pure junk
                  The social values shown are pathetic. I am not a prude, and got it on Blue Comedy, but it is not what it was many a year ago

Out and about you have got to be alert. Even buying something simple as buyinToday out to get the mail, and kept one eye on what appeared to be someone out of place
                  As I was leaving I wanted to make sure he was not going my way..Something about him
                  did not pass the sniff test

Yes CG praise of the
                  degenerate lifestyles of the rich and famous..Do these a^^ holes in Hollywood or in the recording industry
                  really believe we care about them?

If Lindsay Lohan or the

Kardashians dropped dead tomorrow, I could care less

CG. Before we fund more into public education, perhaps ask "where are out tax dollars going"?

And I do work in a semi-safe place, BUT I am a moment away from a bad ass road
                  Not nice people drive that road late at night
                  YES I have my High beams of my self when on Patrol
                  ALERT !

Last edited by copelandamuffy; 01-14-2019, 12:33 PM.
                  http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Here's another one to add to the mix - make sure you know your fellow guards...

http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2019/0...sing-as-guard/

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X