Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tazer didn't even make this guy flinch! wuz up wit dat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tazer didn't even make this guy flinch! wuz up wit dat?

he was only wearing ragged t-shirt and tazer fired by (trained) LEO at point blank in calm weather on standing target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN9FfLCu1cI

target didn't appear drunk etc and only mildly upset during whole thing, including tazing.

Doesn't always work. People high on certain drugs are resistant. I've seen one mentally ill woman who was so riled up they had to taze her no less than than three times to get her under control. It is a weird video - I wonder if one of the prongs didn't penetrate and therefore he didn't get the full charge. (I've never used one.)

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
      Doesn't always work. People high on certain drugs are resistant. I've seen one mentally ill woman who was so riled up they had to taze her no less than than three times to get her under control. It is a weird video - I wonder if one of the prongs didn't penetrate and therefore he didn't get the full charge. (I've never used one.)

I think I've only seen a taser used maybe five times and of those five in three of them the prongs bounced right off the person they were teasing and they had to step in and use it as a stun gun

Comment

When the taser don’t work, it might be time to add a little lead to the perp’s diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
          When the taser don’t work, it might be time to add a little lead to the perp’s diet.
          if you did that in the exact same situation in the video you would face criminal charges. At no time did the individual have any type of weapon in his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by fortsmithman View Post

if you did that in the exact same situation in the video you would face criminal charges. At no time did the individual have any type of weapon in his hands.
            He looked like a big tough guy. I'd be in legit "fear of my life" if he got within 20ft. I'm also guess this wasn't exactly his debut at this sort of thing.

I guess it would be OK to approach him but only with someone with a gun "covering" me. But in such a situation I wouldn't approach him with just one other cop and the woman still "free" even if then seated and 'calm'. I hear the biggest threat to cops on a DV call is when the woman who called the cops reacts suddenly against the cops when the cops are "subduing" the Subject.

Comment

Cop escalated waaaaay too quickly. He Tazed the HELL out of that shirt tho. I don't like pepper spray because you're GOING to get cross contaminated but I would definitely choose it over a Tazer.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post

He looked like a big tough guy. I'd be in legit "fear of my life" if he got within 20ft. I'm also guess this wasn't exactly his debut at this sort of thing.

I guess it would be OK to approach him but only with someone with a gun "covering" me. But in such a situation I wouldn't approach him with just one other cop and the woman still "free" even if then seated and 'calm'. I hear the biggest threat to cops on a DV call is when the woman who called the cops reacts suddenly against the cops when the cops are "subduing" the Subject.
                It's different here in Canada. There would not be cause to draw your sidearm, and point it at a suspect if they have no weapons in their hands or close enough for them to grab. Our police have a higher standard before they can use deadly force. I remember back in the 80s and 90s members of our national police the RCMP had to fill out a form if they had to take their sidearm out of their holster. As well Squid there are members on this forum whom I take seriously, you however are not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by fortsmithman View Post

It's different here in Canada. There would not be cause to draw your sidearm, and point it at a suspect if they have no weapons in their hands or close enough for them to grab. Our police have a higher standard before they can use deadly force. I remember back in the 80s and 90s members of our national police the RCMP had to fill out a form if they had to take their sidearm out of their holster. As well Squid there are members on this forum whom I take seriously, you however are not one of them.
                  I've worked with 3 diff Canadians and learned not to take Canadians seriously (except of course when preventing them from causing chaos).

This one guy was trying to figure out how to "take action" because an employee was taking up two spots in far end of mostly empty lot with his new fancy car (Americans will do that to prevent door dings), but then next day when some shifty characters are trolling the lot he hides inside and even locks the front door. I'm not even saying to "confront" anyone, just let them see your Rent-A-Cop uniform from 50yrds away and shine your flashlight around a bit, so they know the whole property isn't deserted.

Then I had another who bounced from site to site (he was a "Director" of our firm since he was an ex-Canadian ranking cop of some sort) creating the sort of nice messes that Liberals love to create, and leave for other people to sort out.

Canadians are a special kind of Liberal. My theory is it comes from two Geo-Political factors:

1)They aren't a real nation. The Queen of England owns all the land, and their very lives, and they are just "subjects", like cattle.

2)They aren't responsible for their own defense, economy or anything really, since the USA does all that for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunch Meat View Post
                    Cop escalated waaaaay too quickly. He Tazed the HELL out of that shirt tho. I don't like pepper spray because you're GOING to get cross contaminated but I would definitely choose it over a Tazer.
                    few decades back there was some big change in police policy where they changed from "reacting" to what a subject does, to "staying one step ahead on the force continuum" or something.

In other words, cops now attack people because of what the cop was IMAGINING the subject would do, and cops can IMAGINE quite a bit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMFs1rQxY_8

Comment

I've worked with 3 diff Canadians and learned not to take Canadians seriously (except of course when preventing them from causing chaos).
                      Beer and Hockey

Comment

I also notice the Subject seemed to know a Tazer was no threat.

Remember "don't taz me bro"?

Comment

This one guy was trying to figure out how to "take action" because an employee was taking up two spots in far end of mostly empty lot with his new fancy car (Americans will do that to prevent door dings), but then next day when some shifty characters are trolling the lot he hides inside and even locks the front door. I'm not even saying to "confront" anyone, just let them see your Rent-A-Cop uniform from 50yrds away and shine your flashlight around a bit, so they know the whole property isn't deserted.

Then I had another who bounced from site to site (he was a "Director" of our firm since he was an ex-Canadian ranking cop of some sort) creating the sort of nice messes that Liberals love to create, and leave for other people to sort out.

Canadians are a special kind of Liberal. My theory is it comes from two Geo-Political factors:

1)They aren't a real nation. The Queen of England owns all the land, and their very lives, and they are just "subjects", like cattle.

2)They aren't responsible for their own defense, economy or anything really, since the USA does all that for them.
                          Queen Elizabeth does not own any land in Canada. The monarchy is just a figurehead. Squid I view your posts as comic relief. You have admitted on previous posts that you sleep on duty. We do have a military. I agree with Soper in his assessment of you which is a loser.

Comment

Compare Canadian gun deaths to American gun deaths. I wouldn't be dissing Canada. Canadian and Japanese police are trained differently, which is one reason why they have less lethal encounters.

I am fully aware that the U.S. has far more guns (a discussion I don't want to have now). A lot of it is training, attitude and how authorities interact with the community on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
                              Compare Canadian gun deaths to American gun deaths. I wouldn't be dissing Canada. Canadian and Japanese police are trained differently, which is one reason why they have less lethal encounters.

I am fully aware that the U.S. has far more guns (a discussion I don't want to have now). A lot of it is training, attitude and how authorities interact with the community on a daily basis.
                              thats what makes Canadians (even the supposedly Conservative ones like my co-workers) a "Special kind of Liberal". They have no first hand exp with the "challenges" Security and Law Enforcement faces in the real world, but they dare to think of themselves as Honorary Americans.

Its like listening to a guy that is 25yrs old tell you he is a Health Expert because he has no medical problems.

Gun deaths go by "demographics" not amount or type of guns owned. North Dakota has about same number of guns deaths, and type and number of guns in private hands, and demographics, as Switzerland. Pretty sure that would hold, going County by County, in CA or anywhere else.

I've heard "gun deaths" that happen on Canadian Indian Reservation among Indians are somehow not quite counted.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X