Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven Signs A Weapon Is Being Concealed- Article in Campus Safety

https://www.campussafetymagazine.com...ing-concealed/

Here is an interesting article: 7 Signs A Weapon Is Being Concealed That You Should Know - Campus Safety Be sure to click on the slide show to see the actual 7 signs. My question is why didn't anyone question a guy hanging around the supermarket for 3 hours?

I find it interesting that at no time do they mention that the person concealing might actually be a good guy who is legally carrying.

However, this is an interesting read for us, the good guys. If you've been carrying for a while, you're probably more natural looking. Even so, you may have developed some habits that give you away and you don't even realize you're doing it.

Take a moment and critique your own carrying style and habits.
    • Do you adjust your belt when you stand or get out of the car?
    • Do you inadvertently touch your gun through your concealment? I find a lot of those new to carrying do this and don't realize it.
    • Have your spouse or friend critique your concealment. Maybe you're printing and didn't realize it.
      Is your clothing sagging on one side?

I also noticed that the article specifically says to look for someone not swinging their right arm normally. I guess us lefties have nothing to worry about.

Everything in that slideshow looks exactly like what normal college students do, including weird hunchback bulges. Last public college I attended seemed to have 50X normal number of people with weird medical or physical issues with everything from back, leg and shoulder braces to black boxes with tubes and wires. Not to mention of course limps, and pockets stuffed with objects.

college campus is a place where anyone can carry around large weird objects they obviously don't normally carry, due to all sorts of goofy class projects and presentations, and music and art classes.

but its probably true that low level dirt bags Campus Security wants to target are too dumb to Hide In Plain Sight as dorks and sporks, and more likely to be rolling in their best coolest gangster gear with normally concealed weapons.

not to mention all the $200 6lb textbooks they force you to buy so some failed professor gets a cut. most of those books become worthless once the class ends, so are good for recycling into handgun concealment. Studies show the appearance of books in car makes the car less likely to be broken into. Like vampires and garlic, I guess.

One of my back burner projects is to convert standard big hardcover text-book into CA legal "locked container" for automotive gun transport, but can't think of good way to include an easy to use lock.
    Last edited by Squid; 12-14-2018, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post
      One of my back burner projects is to convert standard big hardcover text-book into CA legal "locked container" for automotive gun transport, but can't think of good way to include an easy to use lock.

No point. You couldn't hide the lock so it would be clearly more than a book

Comment

Originally posted by Lunch Meat View Post

No point. You couldn't hide the lock so it would be clearly more than a book
        could be under a dangling "bookmark" flap if lock embedded into the 'brick'.

then again, anything home made might not be a legal "locking container"

Comment

From experience "the touch" is a good indicator of where the weapon is. Had a guy that saw me and immediately touched the small of his back - a very odd movement. Turned out to a multitool, but still. I'm always wary of guys who immediately touch their waistband when they see Security - they aren't checking to see if their pants are pulled up. I also loved the guy at the mall wearing skinny jeans with an obvious bulge on his ankle.

Hide your gun in a book? The one time my car window was broken they stole a paperback copy of Homer's The Illiad. Seriously, they left the other books on the seat. Never did figure that one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post
            Everything in that slideshow looks exactly like what normal college students do, including weird hunchback bulges. Last public college I attended seemed to have 50X normal number of people with weird medical or physical issues with everything from back, leg and shoulder braces to black boxes with tubes and wires. Not to mention of course limps, and pockets stuffed with objects.

college campus is a place where anyone can carry around large weird objects they obviously don't normally carry, due to all sorts of goofy class projects and presentations, and music and art classes.

but its probably true that low level dirt bags Campus Security wants to target are too dumb to Hide In Plain Sight as dorks and sporks, and more likely to be rolling in their best coolest gangster gear with normally concealed weapons.

not to mention all the $200 6lb textbooks they force you to buy so some failed professor gets a cut. most of those books become worthless once the class ends, so are good for recycling into handgun concealment. Studies show the appearance of books in car makes the car less likely to be broken into. Like vampires and garlic, I guess.

I'd say the average left-wing college student is more likely to steal your expensive college textbook than your gun, so I don't know if that's exactly a good strategy....

Comment

Originally posted by Consolewatcher View Post

I'd say the average left-wing college student is more likely to steal your expensive college textbook than your gun, so I don't know if that's exactly a good strategy....
              due to Official College Bookstore and others offering "buy back" service that might be true. the guys taking the heavy STEM that has the big money textbooks not likely to steal and they know all too well which exact books are GTG for Buy Back.

I'd be worried that someone who HOPES to get some Buy Back Bucks might see a fat textbook and smash a window.

Back in 1980s Boom Boxes were a big thing, having and stealing. I put mine in an old decorated "Dog-pillow" that looked kinda nasty, and replaced the soft filling with Styrofoam from the Box's box. Worked really good, IMO. Kept the Box clean when used outdoors and on boat, and keep it cooler in sun, and kept from being stolen AND provided storage for tapes and cord.

ABC- Always Be Covering.

Security pro tip of the day: Always have an old bedsheet or two in your car to cover stuff (and use as general sacrificial cleaning material)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X