Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

all hell breaking loose in France. No LOOTING reported.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all hell breaking loose in France. No LOOTING reported.

all protestors seem political and only taking political action.

No mass rapes like seen in Germany recently.

Something about sudden higher fuel price due to Global Warming tax after years of Govt encouragement to buy diesel cars. (some of those French diesel cars are really neat I hear)

Also seems to be "wide spread dissatisfaction with financial system".

From High School history I remember always "....and in Paris the barricades went up". Seems like they like doing that in that city.

Unlike any "unrest" in any American city, doesn't seem to be a "security issue" for regular folks and even shopkeepers, although they do burn cars. Seems to be special European thing to hate on cars, maybe because it cost so much just to keep car on the road only richer people can afford?. How quint. lol.
    Last edited by Squid; 12-03-2018, 03:26 AM.

I found out what the Yellow Shirt thing is all about.

About 8yrs ago the Govt required all cars to have safety vest to be worn in case of trouble like changing flat on side of road. Protests about Govt pushing everyone to buy diesel cars, then jacking the fuel tax, then their leader saying "if they can't afford fuel buy electric cars". "Let them eat cake".

Thus "yellow shirt" is a symbol of govt regulation of auto-sector.

Comment

Lots of shop damage by Anarchists targeting them. You will see thefts reported when it’s all over.

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
        Lots of shop damage by Anarchists targeting them. You will see thefts reported when it’s all over.
        that will be Insurance Fraud. Only the sunglasses that weren't selling and about to go on sale at 70% off were stolen.

Just one the tricks you pick up on with little bit of exp., and any intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post

that will be Insurance Fraud. Only the sunglasses that weren't selling and about to go on sale at 70% off were stolen.

Just one the tricks you pick up on with little bit of exp., and any intelligence.

They'll steal cheese too. The French can't resist a good Brie

Comment

Originally posted by Lunch Meat View Post

They'll steal cheese too. The French can't resist a good Brie
            my uncle was doing lot of international travel in 1970s. Tells of when weighing his bags at Paris airport some self-important Frog walks right up, takes his bags off the scale, and puts his own bags on, just butting in line without so much as a 'excuse'. Clerk had turned her head and didn't notice, and tags the Frog's bags and sends them off....to my uncle's plane/destination. Uncle was flying to MOSCOW. Good luck getting those bags back, full of nice expensive suits and what not, in 1973 when a cheap Bic pen was treasured gift in USSR. So Uncle is getting off in Moscow and sure enough, all the Frog's baggage comes out and Froggie no were to be seen.

They are protesting Gas Tax. Here in CA we just voted to KEEP a high gas tax (for roads) when all the other "fix our roads" taxes all got stolen and used for fat-assed DMV clerk XXXW $4000 chairs.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X