Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"faith based nonprofit" w/ 2000+ staff running jail for illegal teens in desert.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "faith based nonprofit" w/ 2000+ staff running jail for illegal teens in desert.

https://apnews.com/16f53fb6dd644662a1e52bbad72d99cc

More questions than answers.

Like "how much they pay and is the application process open to public?" For starters, seems like a "faith based" group getting lot of FED funds to hire lots of people is problematic at best.

All the jobs going to Good Olde boys? Lord knows there isn't a lot of Adult Supervision in a "remote Texas desert".

"faith based" being handed a lot of kids without parental oversight? At least that is not gonna attract weirdos and pervs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj_ZMquq8L8 "Boot Camp" (based on true story)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXu9yw0NVaU "Holes" (based on true human nature)

I'd consider the job as outside perimeter security just to hang out in "remote TX desert" location for couple months.

Find a political forum, or put this in "Off Topic." "Faith based...is not going to attract weirdos and pervs." Not followed the Catholic Church or Boy Scout scandals over the years, have we?

I know you fancy yourself a comedian, but this is actually a serious issue that isn't going away.

If your goal is to drive more reasonable people away from the forum, you're doing an awesome job.

Comment

ANOTHER example of why squid should be ignored...

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
        Find a political forum, or put this in "Off Topic." "Faith based...is not going to attract weirdos and pervs." Not followed the Catholic Church or Boy Scout scandals over the years, have we?

I know you fancy yourself a comedian, but this is actually a serious issue that isn't going away.

If your goal is to drive more reasonable people away from the forum, you're doing an awesome job.
        I was being sarcastic, obviously. ANY job that puts adults in charge of kids will be flooded with apps from weirdos and pervs. I say "weirdos" because the prospect of "programing" or "saving" kids attracts a brand of creep that might not be a "perv".

Of the 4 guards I've known that have done School Security and have 1/2 brain, all say the school staff is full of creeps and they are glad their kids don't go there, and that staff is real threat to kids and "not like that when I was in school", etc.

I worked on new construction for Woodside Priory school. $40K a year day, $60k year boarding (8.5months). 40x 20 kids = $800,000yr(tax free of course)! I'm in the wrong damn biz! And most of the young teachers are not "fully compensated" for about 1st 10yrs (I was eves dropping). These are wealthy and powerful parents. The big boss priest is a caricature of a child molester. Hollywood casting would reject him for the role for "too over the top". Go figure.

2000+ pseudo-security being suddenly HIRED sure seems Security related. Will this suddenly become a major new Security field? Private Contractors "handling" millions (billions?) of "new arrivals". Big prob with actual Fed Employees is it take FOREVER the system to create a new Fed Employee, much less one passing any Fed background check, much less a Security Clearance.

Very big question in my mind is "How did this company get this contract?" Was anyone else allowed to even know about it and bid? What "non-profit" carries the clout to instantly create a "secure housing" for thousands of people, much less minors from foreign nations.

Is almost like these "non-profits" are gonna need Security for the Security!

IMO its not if but WHEN some scandal erupts at this or other private run Detention Camp, then what?

Whole thing seems like yet another case of Private Security assploding into American life. Good for biz , I guess. Maybe not so good for the people being "secured".

Comment

it has elements of security and homeland security. But the refugee crisis and illegal immigration are political issues with national security elements.

We may go down the rabbit hole here, but this is deeper than any coverage CNN, FOX or Squid's beloved Breitbart can go. There is no single cause - we can say this or that migration is caused by this or that dictator / ISIS group / economic collapse at any given moment. It also goes back to 19th century imperialism and geo-political decisions made after WWII.

Nations have a right to control their borders, period. But as we've seen in the last 25 years, multinational corporations, the internet and international banks have all significantly eroded the nation-state system. (When one large economy sneezes, all the others catch a cold.) We (the U.S.) would do well not only to focus on the crisis at our southern border, but look beyond - how can we influence Honduras, Guatemala and Venezuela so that mass waves of people stay in those countries? Clearly our threats aren't working. Europe has their own immigration problem, and so far, every move they've made has been laughably ineffective. The problem is that their politicians decisions have real consequences - crime, terrorism, etc.

Finally, remember that children, even the young men in their teens, are just pawns. The ones that come alone are promised that they'll get to see their aunt or cousin in the U.S., without being told there's a good chance they'll end up detained for a long time (if they're lucky) or sold in to slavery or the gang life (if they're unlucky). They should be treated the same or better than the rules laid out for P.O.W.s. Whether we "reward" them by letting them stay or send them back to a miserable life is an issue our leaders should weigh carefully - and not be the fodder for jokes and mockery.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
            it has elements of security and homeland security. But the refugee crisis and illegal immigration are political issues with national security elements.

- and not be the fodder for jokes and mockery.
            But it just became a big PRIVATE CONTRACT SECURITY "venue"/opportunity. As per my prior post, I'm mostly interested in the Biz aspects of new "non-profit" game. I don't think I've ever dealt with a "non-profit" that wasn't morally bankrupt and stealing from charity. "Non-profit" always seems to be Virtual Signaling by those who are or should be ashamed of what they are doing. Reminds me of when I was selling a fancy high end kayak (strictly richman's toy, no "group use" possible). Guy shows up in brand new hybrid SUV, says "I'll take it" (full price) then wants to write me a check from his personal "non-profit".

I've done PORT Security where we were supposed to check foreign sailors off and on foreign ships, under (loose, OK more like lame as hell lol) USCG supervision/guidelines, so I guess its legal to use Contract Security (who only passed BSIS...if that) as sole "agent" between Foreigners and US soil.

All people Security deals with are "fodder for jokes and mockery".

Buddy was trying to become a cop after getting kicked out of Reserve Officer program for flashing his gun when not in program like he was Don Johnson or something. He finally got back into LE as Juvi Hall jailer, because "working with children" had a much lower standard. I'd think it would be a higher standard because most kids are in some way victims themselves etc, but that ain't how LE orgs think.

Comment

Squid,

All those "jobs" you have done...yet you never stay longer than a week or two. Shoes exactly what type of employee you are... As for your claim to want to run a business: if you can't even follow post instructions, how can you run a business?

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
                Squid,

All those "jobs" you have done...yet you never stay longer than a week or two. Shoes exactly what type of employee you are... As for your claim to want to run a business: if you can't even follow post instructions, how can you run a business?
                when you run the biz, you ARE the post orders.

I probably wouldn't be "the principal" but I did take a few classes in "How to write Fed Contract proposals" in 1990s but never tried it.

I've worked for a few "Mom and Pop" construction firms that did work for Fed Buildings, including DHS, USCG. I personally installed fancy high security locks for "sensitive materials". 23pgs of instructions for one lock install, no pictures and single spaced, and I think it was translated from German by a machine. I thought I was living an episode of "Get Smart".

I don't think these were "open competitive bids" or those guys wouldn't have been in top 50 bids.

I've also worked for a city "Housing Authority" in "operations"(the actual housing), which is pretty close to "Fed lockup for illegal alien teens" in several aspects.

PS-nothing more expensive than "Affordable Housing". That is what my CA Assemblyman wants to do. Turning upscale Walnut Creek into a waste land like Detroit ain't gonna be cheap. When Crime Rate skyrockets they always blame the buildings. Not making that up. SF spent millions on some fraud to say the reason the "Pink Palace" had so much crime was something about ratio of steps to doors was making everyone insane.
                Last edited by Squid; 11-30-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X