X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squid
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post

That isn't DHS training. That's BSIS training. If you'd stop trying to be a so-called expert on everything and actually read and understand what was posted, you just might have some idea.

You are constantly inserting yourself into things way above your educational level.

I stated that I did not attend THIRA/SIRA training. I attended other training put on by DHS and FBI at a higher level than a dirt guard like you could access.

Stop talking BS. Stop posting BS,
    Stay in your lane.
    BSIS trainer made a big deal that it was a module CREATED by DHS. IIRC even had DHS logos.

So will you deign to SHARE some of the "high level" training you got from DHS and FBI, as least what isn't "classified"?

BTW, my very first BSIS trainer from 1982 was a retired FBI Special Agent. He said most of what FBI does is crap, and that they spend lot of time tooting their own horn to US TaxPayers, and Hollywood.

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied
    Originally posted by Squid View Post

DHS required training for CA guards was too funny.

It was basically "If you see:

1)MiddleEastern men not dressed in rough work clothes

2)with a pickup truck with cans of diesel and fertizer

3)who are evasive about where the jobsite is and evasive about who's truck it is

THEY MIGHT BE TERRORISTS ON WAY TO BLOWUP SOMETHING.

Funny part is that is perfect description of typical small builder/developer in Silicon Valley overheated housing market.

1)MEs will tend to just wear their semi-worn out "biz casual", almost never "work clothes".

2)MEs also have a love of noisy smelly jobsite generators VS paying PG&E big money for temp power. Also be "we do it all" from electric to landscaping, that means you can use fertilizer EARLY since subs wont be trampling new plantings.

3)Evasive = Smart Business and Smart Security. Why give location of jobsite to random idiots? Are they getting addresses to ripoff? Unless in accident why idiot want to know owner of truck? Some new scam???

I'd love to hear what general subjects were for your THIRA/SIRA training, if at a higher level than my DHS module.
    That isn't DHS training. That's BSIS training. If you'd stop trying to be a so-called expert on everything and actually read and understand what was posted, you just might have some idea.

You are constantly inserting yourself into things way above your educational level.

I stated that I did not attend THIRA/SIRA training. I attended other training put on by DHS and FBI at a higher level than a dirt guard like you could access.

Stop talking BS. Stop posting BS,
    Stay in your lane.

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied
    Squid,

You should concentrate on staying in your lane. This discussion isn't meant for your level. It's way above anything you are able to do or understand.

Your opinion of AS et al is based on your vast knowledge of guarding dirt piles. You bring nothing to the table and spout BS at almost every turn.

What you would do HAS no bearing on reality.

Go away.
    Last edited by Soper; 11-23-2018, 03:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim1348 View Post

Are you referring to Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA)? Because that is why I found the post so interesting. It specifically mentions: "Suspicion Indicators Recognition and Assessment (SIRA) certification." I gather it is a registered name of Rozin Security. It makes me thank of a couple of likely scenarios:

-They have an internal candidate, who already has the Suspicion Indicators Recognition and Assessment (SIRA) certification, and by listing it in the announcement he/she is a "shoe in" because they have the certification already and it is listed in the announcement.

-They want someone with that sort of training and just happened to know of this particular certification.
    Both likely, and the more corrupt "internal" more likely if this is a Gumb Mint job.

Lots of honest Gumb Mint job listings will include "or equivalent" unless its truly specific.

Another possibility is that Rozin Security is owned by the Brother In Law of the guy who posted the job, or that Job Poster dreamed up a need for training that no one technically had off shelf, then handed Rozin the inside scoop. IIRC from my City of San Francisco (truly the Belly of the Beast!) HR training (and clue in by seasoned employees afterward) its OK to be related, if not "favored", but only certain immediate relationships are looked at.

SIRA looks about like the lame DHS training for basic CA Guard Card, if this is truly the meat of it.
    http://www.iaapa.org/docs/default-so...m.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Got a quibble on page 23 "100% of active shooters familiar with target". Not sure I'd call the Vegas shooter "familiar" since it was a one or two day event full of people who were scattered across USA just prior. Not sure about "The Joker" theater shooter or Sandy Hook.

Pretty sure most "active shooters" will be disgruntled former employees, or even current employees still in good graces with full pass, etc. "Going Postal" is a phrase for reasons. I've worked with ONE former postal worker and he walked off the site because I wouldn't "respect him" for being older when he didn't know who to spell "Mazda" handing out parking passes. Bitch was on the phone to office about me, I was pretty sure The Office was on my side even only hearing his side. I was stuck in booth with long line of cars waiting and one eye on him thinking "If he opens his trunk where do I run for???" LOL

Then of course this that I feared might become an "active shooter" and both parties had possible beefs with State Park staff on premisis.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn9YdML8PPw

SIRA talks about mass shooters starting with "fantasy". SIRA seems to have fantasy that active shooters will be outside political force related to War On Terror.

While hasn't turned into Active Shooter AFAIK, I'd also worry about (male) relations of fired/disgruntled workers. I've heard 10X as much venom about employers from men about employers of their female relations they feel are being abused than from men about THEIR actual employers, which they tend to have a sense of humor or stoicism.
    Last edited by Squid; 11-23-2018, 02:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied
    I have attended similar training, provided by DHS. If you're still in the cop world, you should be able to find it.
    DHS required training for CA guards was too funny.

It was basically "If you see:

1)MiddleEastern men not dressed in rough work clothes

2)with a pickup truck with cans of diesel and fertizer

3)who are evasive about where the jobsite is and evasive about who's truck it is

THEY MIGHT BE TERRORISTS ON WAY TO BLOWUP SOMETHING.

Funny part is that is perfect description of typical small builder/developer in Silicon Valley overheated housing market.

1)MEs will tend to just wear their semi-worn out "biz casual", almost never "work clothes".

2)MEs also have a love of noisy smelly jobsite generators VS paying PG&E big money for temp power. Also be "we do it all" from electric to landscaping, that means you can use fertilizer EARLY since subs wont be trampling new plantings.

3)Evasive = Smart Business and Smart Security. Why give location of jobsite to random idiots? Are they getting addresses to ripoff? Unless in accident why idiot want to know owner of truck? Some new scam???

I'd love to hear what general subjects were for your THIRA/SIRA training, if at a higher level than my DHS module.

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied
    If it’s that brand specific, then you are probably corr3ct. No on THIRA. Something else via DHS.

Leave a comment:

• Jim1348
    replied
    I have attended similar training, provided by DHS. If you're still in the cop world, you should be able to find it.
    Are you referring to Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA)? Because that is why I found the post so interesting. It specifically mentions: "Suspicion Indicators Recognition and Assessment (SIRA) certification." I gather it is a registered name of Rozin Security. It makes me thank of a couple of likely scenarios:

-They have an internal candidate, who already has the Suspicion Indicators Recognition and Assessment (SIRA) certification, and by listing it in the announcement he/she is a "shoe in" because they have the certification already and it is listed in the announcement.

-They want someone with that sort of training and just happened to know of this particular certification.

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Suspicion Indicators Recognition and Assessment (SIRA) Certification

I saw a job announcement today. In addition to the Minimum Qualifications, it lists the Preferred Qualifications as: Suspicion Indicators Recognition and Assessment (SIRA) certification. I don't recall taking any training by that name nor do I ever recall seeing it available. So, has anybody here ever had this training? If so, who was the training provider? I would like to find an online Suspicion Indicators Recognition and Assessment (SIRA) certification, if there is any. Heading to Google now.

Job Title Management Analyst 4 - Physical Security Manager Job ID 28334
    Full/Part Time Full-Time
    Add to My Favorite Jobs
    Favorite Job
    Regular/Temporary Unlimited

Logo
    Job Details
    Job Class: Management Analyst 4

Working Title: Management Analyst 4

Who May Apply: Open to all current state employees

Date Posted: 11/20/2018

Closing Date: 11/26/2018

Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / DHS Confidential

Division/Unit: DHS-Central Office / MS Operation Team Leads

Work Shift/Work Hours: Not Applicable Shift

Days of Work: Monday - Friday

Travel Required: No

Salary Range: $27.18 - $40.30/hourly; $56,751 - $84,146/annually

Classified Status: Classified

Bargaining Unit/Union: 217 - Confidential/Unrep

FLSA Status: Exempt - Administrative

Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
    Job Summary
    Job Summary

The Security Manager provides overall management of the Department of Human Services' (DHS) physical security program. The incumbent will set the objectives and priorities for the security team; provide leadership to contracted employees; manage the design, installation and operation of the security-related technology systems; and provide direction when high-impact emergencies are reported.

Responsibilities:
    • Develop, manage and maintain a security force program capable of providing a proactive service to identify threats and vulnerabilities, enforce access control requirements, respond to emergencies, maintain staff and visitor safety, and protect DHS assets;
    • Develop coordinated physical security related business interruption plans and response for the Department's Central Office locations;
    • Audit security requirements at each Central Office location and identify any necessary changes based on DHS business, equipment conditions, technology improvements, or neighborhood incidents;
    • Design, specify, and manage the department's electronic security systems and coordinate security system network and technology requirements with IT staff; and
    • Establish a security information dissemination program which introduces employees to security service and provides policies or procedures
    Qualifications
    Minimum Qualifications:

Two (2) years of advanced professional experience in a large corporate or governmental business setting that demonstrates:
    • Knowledge of professional industry security practices;
    • First responder skills sufficient to analyze situations, make good decisions, and react promptly to contain and control incidents, safeguard staff, and minimize disruption to business;
    • Extensive experience in all aspects of physical security work and working in a multi-faceted organization; and
    • Ability to work successfully with employees at all levels of the organization and professionalism to maintain composure in stressful critical situations
    Preferred Qualifications:
    • Suspicion Indicators Recognition and Assessment (SIRA) certification

Additional Requirements

To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.

REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.

(Indicate required background checks or screening requirements. If none, delete this section)
    Application Details
    Why Work For Us

GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. How to Apply

Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.

For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers. Contact

If you have questions about the position, contact Jennifer Smith at[email protected]

If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID number to Elizabeth Mack at [email protected] by the position close date.

If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services’ ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 for assistance

AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER

The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.

We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email [email protected]. Please indicate what assistance you need.
    Last edited by Jim1348; 11-20-2018, 11:25 AM.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X