Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trespassing on Construction Site is a FELONY in Florida.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trespassing on Construction Site is a FELONY in Florida.

This came up recent election because FL was gonna restore voting rights to convicted Felons, and "Trespassing on Construction Site" was cited as "unjust reason to be a Felon".

IMO, downloading copyrighted TV shows shouldn't be a Felony (or involve FBI), but Trespass on Construction or other sites with Criminal Intent should be. CI should be after crossing fence or red-tape after working hours.

As someone who often guards "piles of dirt" as Soper calls them, I'd have to disagree, for several reasons. Its a legit Public Safety issue, as well as Major Theft(as construction worker I've been on jobs where over weekend someone hot wired the forklifts and stole 20 bunks of plywood, been on sites where copper thieves ripped out wire and pipe costing $100,000s damage), not to mention recently on sites I've worked, major league political REPEAT ARSON. As it stands all a Saboteur at a repeat arson site is risking if caught in the act is "Sir, would you please leave the premises" since at 3am he is gonna hear footsteps and not have any Arson Equip on his person or even in same room. In CA they got Double Traffic Fines in Road Construction areas, but that is diff.

Can't find any Construction Site enhancement for CA. FL says something about "designated" which I'm guessing might mean "permit pulled for this address" and maybe tape and signs.

I'm thinking of crafting some signage narrowly focused on appealing to fears of would be Trespassers that are on Parole or Probation, and/or have "priors"/Strikes. Doesn't need to be legally 100% correct, just needs to create https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_...inty_and_doubt
    Last edited by Squid; 11-10-2018, 02:18 PM.

If it’s a felony to trespass on a construction site, can you legally shoot them?

Comment

Nobody would be scared off by a sign, but squid doesn't know that as he is ignorant of how criminals think. I'm sure his employers would be happy that he's decided to change signage on his own...

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
        Nobody would be scared off by a sign, but squid doesn't know that as he is ignorant of how criminals think. I'm sure his employers would be happy that he's decided to change signage on his own...
        wrong as always. Insurance companies (with guys that can do fancy math) will require signs for reduced rates because it is proven to work. I'm just trying to sharpen a proven practice, by reminding our "best customers" that their Priors might come into play. Your typical dirtbag will forget he got Priors at the moment he decides to hop a fence. Any real cop will tell you same.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
          If it’s a felony to trespass on a construction site, can you legally shoot them?
          as in "fleeing felon"? GOOD QUESTION, but I doubt it. I'm guessing even in the wildest states thats only for cops. But in early 1970's in Colorado it was legal to kill someone if they were Trespassing and you told them to leave and they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Wolf View Post
            Actually, signs are commonly used to reinforce the criminality of certain acts. Look at stores, for example, using signs to remind people that shoplifting is a crime and that they (store owners) will prosecute.

Comment

Originally posted by Consolewatcher View Post

Actually, signs are commonly used to reinforce the criminality of certain acts. Look at stores, for example, using signs to remind people that shoplifting is a crime and that they (store owners) will prosecute.
              Some law about needing "No Trespassing" signs every certain min distance on a fence "required" to make it Trespassing. I'm sure needs to be certain size and letters, etc.

IIRC there was a Shoplifting case where because the doors were open, or open enough, some sharpie lawyer argued it wasn't Shoplifting, just wandering off an uncertain distance etc. So maybe it is needed to remind people its not just stuff you can borrow.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X