Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawaii Cruise Ship security job!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hawaii Cruise Ship security job!

    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/sec...718895674.html

    Now this sounds like fun, and probably a lot of work. Seems heavy on policing crew quarters.

    This is why Security CAN be a really cool "profession" even if wages are crap. You get quick access to all sorts of diff industry AND report and deal mostly with top level of client.

    Sounds like you gonna get exp with everything from high production pro kitchen operations to "launch the life boats", to ship's engine rooms, and everything in between.


    PS-my buddy tells me if you Mainland and get in trouble in Hawaii and have no money they fly you home to Mainland for free, and mostly drop all fines and jail.

  • #2
    Squid:

    I know a ship you’d do well on. S..S Minow, With Gilligan, Skipper, the Movie Star, the Millionaire, and his wife, and the Professor, and Mary Anne

    And best of all Squid it’s just a three hour tour
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

    Comment


    • #3
      As usual, squid is wrong, as is his "buddy".

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Soper View Post
        As usual, squid is wrong, as is his "buddy".
        Judge hit him with $1500 fine and question of payment/current address came up. Buddy came to Hawaii with one way ticket, because he "didn't know how long his money would last"(not long at all, when you drunk, getting mugged and fighting in bar and lose wallet ) Buddy asks Judge "do you know anyone who is hiring in Hawaii?". Guy ends up getting free ticket back to Mainland, with "fine pending" or something.

        I imagine they get that a lot, and if not for program similar to how other local PD were "bum dumping" on SF, Hawaii would be overrun with such cases.

        My Hawaiian based friends tell me "Dog the Bounty Hunter" captures and general atmosphere about right. There is dumb, and there is "Hawaiian Dumb" they tell me.

        Witness IIRC the Governor losing the password for the Emergency Tidal Wave Warning, and of course it ain't like a GOVERNOR would have any 1/2 competent assistant or secretary.

        When Obama was born (somewhere in the world, I guess, or hatched) in Hawaii you could get a Birth Cert all legal mailed to any address you gave for $10. No checking, no nothing. I'm guessing lots of people got HBCs for dogs, boats and maybe dolls, although $10 was a bit in 1961.

        My Hawaiian friends tell me in Hawaii you can unilaterally change a contract if you press down really really hard when writing to show you "really mean it".

        Guess who also got busted in Hawaii and (without Court's permission!) skated on the charges? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...A331K720140404
        Last edited by Squid; 10-10-2018, 10:12 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post
          Squid:

          I know a ship you’d do well on. S..S Minow, With Gilligan, Skipper, the Movie Star, the Millionaire, and his wife, and the Professor, and Mary Anne

          And best of all Squid it’s just a three hour tour
          I'd like a Week On/Week Off schedule in Hawaii. Or whatever the duty cycle of ship is.

          I've been told I've got a "SF accent" which is what Mr & Mrs Howell have.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Squid View Post

            Judge hit him with $1500 fine and question of payment/current address came up. Buddy came to Hawaii with one way ticket, because he "didn't know how long his money would last"(not long at all, when you drunk, getting mugged and fighting in bar and lose wallet ) Buddy asks Judge "do you know anyone who is hiring in Hawaii?". Guy ends up getting free ticket back to Mainland, with "fine pending" or something.

            I imagine they get that a lot, and if not for program similar to how other local PD were "bum dumping" on SF, Hawaii would be overrun with such cases.

            My Hawaiian based friends tell me "Dog the Bounty Hunter" captures and general atmosphere about right. There is dumb, and there is "Hawaiian Dumb" they tell me.

            Witness IIRC the Governor losing the password for the Emergency Tidal Wave Warning, and of course it ain't like a GOVERNOR would have any 1/2 competent assistant or secretary.

            When Obama was born (somewhere in the world, I guess, or hatched) in Hawaii you could get a Birth Cert all legal mailed to any address you gave for $10. No checking, no nothing. I'm guessing lots of people got HBCs for dogs, boats and maybe dolls, although $10 was a bit in 1961.

            My Hawaiian friends tell me in Hawaii you can unilaterally change a contract if you press down really really hard when writing to show you "really mean it".

            Guess who also got busted in Hawaii and (without Court's permission!) skated on the charges? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...A331K720140404
            What does all that unsubstantiated garbage you just babbled about have to do with Ship Security? Your stories about your “friends” are utter BS.

            Your racist attitude towards Native Hawaiians is repulsive.

            Thurston Howell III was not from SF. There is no “SF” accent. He was from Boston. Get your fairytales right at least.

            Every time you post, it’s utter BS.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Squid View Post

              Judge hit him with $1500 fine and question of payment/current address came up. Buddy came to Hawaii with one way ticket, because he "didn't know how long his money would last"(not long at all, when you drunk, getting mugged and fighting in bar and lose wallet ) Buddy asks Judge "do you know anyone who is hiring in Hawaii?". Guy ends up getting free ticket back to Mainland, with "fine pending" or something.

              I imagine they get that a lot, and if not for program similar to how other local PD were "bum dumping" on SF, Hawaii would be overrun with such cases.

              My Hawaiian based friends tell me "Dog the Bounty Hunter" captures and general atmosphere about right. There is dumb, and there is "Hawaiian Dumb" they tell me.

              Witness IIRC the Governor losing the password for the Emergency Tidal Wave Warning, and of course it ain't like a GOVERNOR would have any 1/2 competent assistant or secretary.

              When Obama was born (somewhere in the world, I guess, or hatched) in Hawaii you could get a Birth Cert all legal mailed to any address you gave for $10. No checking, no nothing. I'm guessing lots of people got HBCs for dogs, boats and maybe dolls, although $10 was a bit in 1961.

              My Hawaiian friends tell me in Hawaii you can unilaterally change a contract if you press down really really hard when writing to show you "really mean it".

              Guess who also got busted in Hawaii and (without Court's permission!) skated on the charges? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...A331K720140404
              There are those days I check in with this forum, and I am clueless to what someone is writing, or their views
              http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah, I wish it would get back to practical advice or reasonable venting about the daily grind of this industry for the rank and file...

                Comment


                • #9
                  As long as squid is here, you won't get anything but fairy tales.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Soper View Post
                    As long as squid is here, you won't get anything but fairy tales.
                    NOW my contacts and spies (cruise patrons...this guy and his wife must do 4 cruises a year min; former higher ranking cruise crew; former low ranking cruise slave labor) are all saying DO NOT TAKE JOB AS CRUISE SHIP SECURITY.

                    that recommendation was partly "just not the job FOR YOU" and general "not a good gig".

                    Comment

                    300x250

                    Collapse

                    Mid 300x250

                    Collapse

                    Taboola

                    Collapse

                    Super Leaderboard

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X