body camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body camera

Tonight was the night i dreaded. Myself and other security officers I work with were told. We are getting body cameras.

watchguard system

Are they always running, or do you have discretion to turn on and off? I think they will be more common for security as the price comes down - everybody whips out their cell phone at the slightest excuse and starts filming us anyways...

Comment

When I am interacting with people in that might be criminal or against company rules, must be on

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
        Are they always running, or do you have discretion to turn on and off? I think they will be more common for security as the price comes down - everybody whips out their cell phone at the slightest excuse and starts filming us anyways...
        So why waste money on that equipment

Comment

I work at a large warehouse/distribution center

Only access is via the security building

Prior to entering, you leave all items in a drop box

Cell phones, car keys, soda cans, purses, and lunch kits

Then you go walk through this

http://www.controlledaccess.com/full-height-turnstiles.aspx

Camera before you walk past http://www.controlledaccess.com/full-height-turnstiles.aspx

Two cameras after you walk past this http://www.controlledaccess.com/full-height-turnstiles.aspx I can whether some grumbling, and cussing, those who don’t comply, I remind them to look up. YOU ARE BEING WATCHED. Not me, but the cameras does tells the story
          http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Our USPS facility recently got the full height turnstiles. and about 600 cameras. But we dont have to drop any of our items.

Comment

Originally posted by Jstar571 View Post
              When I am interacting with people in that might be criminal or against company rules, must be on
              sounds fine IMO. will CYA, mostly. I've found that 98% of time, having my cell running in stealth-cam mode makes everyone behave.

I swear it must be some sort of Body Language they are reading, all unconscious on both sides.

Supposedly, crows feasting on corn fields will fly away when you get out of truck with LOADED shotgun, but you can go inside truck, unload under blanket, and come out and crows just keep eating. I'm guessing must be your body language.

Needs to be tested with Bubba not knowing if gun is loaded, or cam on.

PS- I'd wonder if Company Body Cam has Secret On mode. Cover and muffle, just to be safe. I like to have my own video, so "I" can decide if it needs to be seen. Fix a GOOD way to quickly upload to YOUR secure Cloud, check, THEN erase your phone vid if stuff gets dicey. I want the other party to go on record in a police report BEFORE I prove they are lying.

Comment

I think that body cameras are good for security guards for many reasons. Not only can they protect against false allegations of improper behavior on the guard's part (criminal acts or violation of policies) but they can also act as a deterrence against assault (many people would be hesitant to assault or threaten a security guard if they knew it was all on video and could be shared with the client and/or police.

Comment

I've brought back this old thread because we are discussing it again at work. The big issue seems to be privacy laws. Even though Seattle Police will tell you upon contact, "You're being video and audio recorded," because they are law enforcement they don't have to turn the camera off even if you object. That may not be the case with private security. (On a side note, the legal system really needs to catch up with technology.)

On Console's point, I'd say body cameras may be a slight deterrent, but for guards working alone or very agitated subjects, I don't think the body cam matters much to the suspect. It does seem to deter criminals who don't want to be seen, i.e. burglars and sneaky thieves. (Even then, look at doorbell cameras - I haven't seen any stats, but as far as I can tell, it hasn't caused a significant drop in package thefts.)

Comment

Why wouldn’t you be able to record someone on your private property?

Comment

The confusion is there doesn't appear to be a single clear statute (at least in our state). Take audio recording. WA is two-party consent, but if you record a conversation and you are the only one who hears the tape, at least one source says no law was broken even if you didn't tell the other person.

Seattle's definition of "private" vs. "public" seems to hinge on some arbitrary definitions. Another example: if you are a signature gatherer for an initiative, we can't ban you, but you have to get our permission, stay in the designated area and follow our rules because we are a private business area. The mall up the street can't regulate the same activity as strictly, because a public road runs through the mall, so it is considered "public" space by the city.

For cameras, supposedly if you are video recording patrons at your business you are required to have a sign posted stating that - yet I've been to a lot of places that have no sign but have cameras in plain sight.

I guess I should expect nothing less of a city that regularly has people call the PD because a "microagression" or "hate speech" has been committed against them whenever they have a fender bender.

Comment

Jazz hands because clapping is a trigger now...

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X