Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mob attempts to tip over Guard's truck at Paul Walker "Tribute"

https://jalopnik.com/paul-walker-tri...cur-1829040768

mob attempts to tip over Guard's truck at Paul Walker "Tribute" in Home Depot parking lot. Doesn't sound like HD was in the loop. What ever happened to at least no committing overt crimes that FORCE people to call police and that FORCE police to respond en mass? I'm guessing if HD manager called and said "there are all these Rice Burner racer boy cars in the lot, and they aren't buying stuff" the 911 operator would be like "thats nice, have you TRIED selling them stuff???"

IIRC some Security company is using full size Dodge trucks in H-D parking lots. Best company patrol vehicles I've ever seen.

Anyway, sounds like this guard went beyond call of duty, and is lucky he didn't catch a beating or worse. I would've stayed in the truck, and if need be use it to escape to safe position. I'd try to avoid any civilians, or at least put civilians safety before any rioters.

OK, what I'd have done is "scramble" all the burliest guys from "lumber and building materials" with pick-axes, long 4x4 posts and big bricks and put some hurt on the "tuner" cars. Shopping cart through the windshield always a fave, too. Post up at the exit driveways. Those "slammed" cars can't hop curbs.

The rational I'm using is the outcome of the Great "Apple Employee" Mall Draw Down, where an unlicensed,UN- PERMITTED guard pulled his gun on car, based on his "fear for his life" when car sorta came in his general direction. NO charges of any kind filed by VERY anti-gun Santa Clara DA on guard OR his supervisor who was threatening to "take out the window" if the guy didn't roll it down.
    Last edited by Squid; 09-14-2018, 11:09 PM.

Other than failure to disperse and most likely a violation of the noise ordinance, looks like a typical L.A. night to me. As long as they weren't looting the stores or staging 'fight club', any reaction needed to be carefully contemplated.

There is a nugget of serious discussion here - a good guard knows when to react, and when to let the police decide what needs to be done. The S/O should not have gotten out of the truck if he didn't have to; since we don't see why he got out, I'm not going to comment further..

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
      Other than failure to disperse and most likely a violation of the noise ordinance, looks like a typical L.A. night to me. As long as they weren't looting the stores or staging 'fight club', any reaction needed to be carefully contemplated.

There is a nugget of serious discussion here - a good guard knows when to react, and when to let the police decide what needs to be done. The S/O should not have gotten out of the truck if he didn't have to; since we don't see why he got out, I'm not going to comment further..
      I hear most of these Parking Lot Patrol gigs are "damned if you do, damned if you don't".

The client/employer expects you to reverse the effects of 70+years of Left Wing social undermining, while also succeeding with zero budget/training where trillions of tax dollars and countless Sociology PhDs have utterly failed repeatedly. They want good results within an hour of you arriving on post.

I remember posting a job from SF Craigslist where the guard was supposed to "clear sidewalks in front of the client business of homeless". LOL, and EXACTLY how and by what authority is the guard supposed to do THAT??? Most SF bums know their rights, and will know how to "flip the script" on any infringement of their rights.

Prob for us Guards is as soon as a Homeless Advocate starts filling police reports and lawsuits, the employer claims "not us, it was just that one BAD guard we hired, we told him to be nice".

Comment

You just reminded me of a co. I worked for a total of 3 days. The local strip mall was the weekend hang out for 3 area high schools. They had off duty sheriffs, but got rid of them and hired Warm Bodies 'R' Us to save a buck. With no arrest or impound authority, the whole thing was a joke.

The lead Sheriff deputy was really nice about it, and told me what I needed to tell management on Monday. I told them - and also turned in my uniforms.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X