Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the big deal/no-no dress code about team jerseys?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the big deal/no-no dress code about team jerseys?

I've seen several pretty causal joints that say "no team jerseys allowed by dress code".

99% of people I see wearing jerseys are just dorks and sporks, and the jerseys are always spotless like new, and IIRC the "real" ones cost about $100+.

Are jerseys also used by gangs to "fly colors" or something?

If I was running an establishment, "guys in pro-sports jerseys" would be near top of ideal customer, just under "bus load of Japanese tourists".

I remember hearing "things you CAN talk about in hiring interview (that can't get you in trouble): your favorite or the local sports team". nuff said.

Color of jerseys and numbers. In Seattle red jerseys are popular ( I doubt very seriously these people are fans of anything other than the Bloods gang). I was not aware of certain numbers being gang related (other than the obvious "13"), but I guess its true...

https://www.hanksmedia.com/2012/09/1...ts-dress-code/

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
      Color of jerseys and numbers. In Seattle red jerseys are popular ( I doubt very seriously these people are fans of anything other than the Bloods gang). I was not aware of certain numbers being gang related (other than the obvious "13"), but I guess its true...

https://www.hanksmedia.com/2012/09/1...ts-dress-code/
      ridiculousness. When schools do the 'anti-gang dress code' its really signalling to all the kids that the Gang, not the admin or even police, run the school and call the shots. It means the Gang can make the District "do things" to any and all non-Gang kids on a whim.

Naturally, the school's "anti-gang"(pro-gang?) efforts have zero effect on gang member's ability to ID themselves visually. All I see it doing is making "flying colors" more "fresh" since the gangs need to keep inventing new tricks to visually show "I'm in the gang". Tie shoe laces missing left side 3rd hole on Tues, 3 Blue Bics showing out of right front jeans pocket on Wed. The girls in particular will go gaga keeping up and keeping track of this fashion orientated game. Plus, the whole game makes the admin look stupid and feckless, which draws new members and especially girls to the gang.

Comment

School dress codes, also known as uniforms in most places now, are done to make the kids feel equal, as kids are wearing $1000 shoes and clothes, which creates issues,that create fights and social status problems

Squid. You really ARE ignorant..for such a self professed "expert"...

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post
          I've seen several pretty causal joints that say "no team jerseys allowed by dress code".

99% of people I see wearing jerseys are just dorks and sporks, and the jerseys are always spotless like new, and IIRC the "real" ones cost about $100+.

Are jerseys also used by gangs to "fly colors" or something?

There is a dress code for gang members. I know that in New Orleans the local set of the crips wears LA dodgers hats and wear Nike Cortez sneakers refered to as gangsta Nikes. They would also wear Dickies work slacks to complete the outfit. On the East coast it was Timberland boots baggy jeans and whatever the gang was using to single each other out with. Kahakis with a white shirt was always concidered to be neutral in areas with gangs. Sports jerseys are just one way to show gang affiliation with out being too obvious to the public.
          Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
          Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X