Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how public are DV convictions/court orders?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how public are DV convictions/court orders?

I just heard someone I don't like got a Restraining Order and has a court date next week in Contra Costa County, CA.

I'd like to find out what happens just for my amusement.

Is that easy done online or would I need to jump through hoops?

Can't take any time off during biz hours.

I just have his first and last name. Order was delivered by cops to his address yesterday.

Glad the criminal justice system and victims of violence are there just for your personal amusement. Every time you post, you top your last idiocy.

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
      Glad the criminal justice system and victims of violence are there just for your personal amusement. Every time you post, you top your last idiocy.
      great news, cops just showed up and cuffed and stuffed him! he was like "but the policewoman (real cop with gun etc) who served me the RO told me about my Tues court date, etc so WHAT CHANGED?" That is my question as well.

I guess maybe having a Warrant means the cops CAN arrest you but don't have to??? I've been let go on Warrants several times. Maybe its like "OK, we got a slow Sat morning, go out and arrest any B-tier warrants. Best part? I guess he opened the door and stepped out sans wallet, cell phone, etc because he was begging if he could go back inside and of course "no dice" from cops. Note to self: Don't open door for cops without filling pockets with your stuff. I hear cops always intentionally turn on your cell phone so its dead when you get released at 1201am few days later. So I'd be pocketing an extra battery (Note 3 has removable and I've got an extra).

Maybe the thinking is "The system wants money, so we don't want him showing up fat and sassy with a binder full of legal arguments, etc, we want him showing up scared and naked, and confused."

I'm glad this guy is getting reamed by The System. He was behind on rent so he tries to confuse the issue by complaining about the excellent FREE property maintenance/security as "violating my privacy" so it ended and now we got random bits of litter blowing in and no old guy keeping eyes on stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post
        ...I've been let go on Warrants several times...
        Really? For what?

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post

great news, cops just showed up and cuffed and stuffed him! he was like "but the policewoman (real cop with gun etc) who served me the RO told me about my Tues court date, etc so WHAT CHANGED?" That is my question as well.

I guess maybe having a Warrant means the cops CAN arrest you but don't have to??? I've been let go on Warrants several times. Maybe its like "OK, we got a slow Sat morning, go out and arrest any B-tier warrants. Best part? I guess he opened the door and stepped out sans wallet, cell phone, etc because he was begging if he could go back inside and of course "no dice" from cops. Note to self: Don't open door for cops without filling pockets with your stuff. I hear cops always intentionally turn on your cell phone so its dead when you get released at 1201am few days later. So I'd be pocketing an extra battery (Note 3 has removable and I've got an extra).

Maybe the thinking is "The system wants money, so we don't want him showing up fat and sassy with a binder full of legal arguments, etc, we want him showing up scared and naked, and confused."

I'm glad this guy is getting reamed by The System. He was behind on rent so he tries to confuse the issue by complaining about the excellent FREE property maintenance/security as "violating my privacy" so it ended and now we got random bits of litter blowing in and no old guy keeping eyes on stuff.
          Do you EVER stop lying?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1348 View Post

Really? For what?
            FTA on Expired Tags fix-it tickets on rat-bikes, mostly. This was back in Cold War and if you seemed OK otherwise and acted concerned if "Will this screw up my enlistment?" 9/10 cops would cut you slack and maybe give advice on your upcoming enlistment.

They understood we needed to gain advanced skills like riding motorcycles with bald tires and weak brakes in rain while drunk and stoned, while holding an open beer in one hand, because those Commies weren't messing around.

Last guy I knew who enlisted said the Recruiter wanted some touchy-feely recommendation from his HS guidance counselor, who was a flaming Left Wing freak and universally hated by all students.

Nuclear Combat toe to toe with the Russkies and 100s of armored divisions VS 4 crazy Arabs hiding in a cave.
            Last edited by Squid; 06-24-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post

Do you EVER stop lying?
              my experts suggest the reason for the pre-court arrest is some concern another "Incident" might occur between two parties before or after court. How is a guy supposed to obey a 100yrds No Contact RO when both parties are trying to find their way to court from same parking lot or bus line? Having him show in court in custody solves that, I guess.

Comment

"...Nuclear Combat toe to toe with the Russkies and 100s of armored divisions VS 4 crazy Arabs hiding in a cave." Ease up a bit, Squid. If you're fighting guerillas and insurgents, you have to outnumber them, not match them. I also knew a guy that dealt with IEDs and all the stuff over there - he has PTSD. Don't dis veterans.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
                  "...Nuclear Combat toe to toe with the Russkies and 100s of armored divisions VS 4 crazy Arabs hiding in a cave." Ease up a bit, Squid. If you're fighting guerillas and insurgents, you have to outnumber them, not match them. I also knew a guy that dealt with IEDs and all the stuff over there - he has PTSD. Don't dis veterans.
                  IEDs? LOL. I've known two guys who did IEDs and couldn't hack it in entry level house construction because they were scared of (minor) heights. Dealing with IEDs you just follow procedures. To build standard frame houses you really need to pay attention and its up to you to figure out what is dangerous and how to work "up high" safety. Lots of folks just don't got it.

Update: His cars etc still appear unmoved. Now I'm thinking he is just the sort of guy would think "RO says 100yrds/no contact but if I do XYZ that wont count" but cops are using "No BS moves" rule-book...and guess who wins that debate.

Only info on Violating RO in CA says "up to 1yr and $1000" but can't get any info on what you really get, or what sparked the arrest.

But if they give extra time for "just not getting it" I'm expecting an Extended Stay.
                  Last edited by Squid; 06-26-2018, 10:08 PM.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X