No announcement yet.

Non 24 hr Security Jobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forgot to mention, much Construction Security is nights only. I've been on Construction Security sites where there were two diff firms, one for nights when no one was allowed (for most part)
    and one for days that actually checked badge/IDs.

you forgot to mention which part of 24hrs you were trying to miss. Let me guess, graveyard?

Comment

Scheduling basically comes down to who you're working for. There are a lot of posts out there these days, don't be afraid to take the time to find one that fits with your life. I personally prefer nights/overnights.

In my career, I've had shifts of all kinds. Started out working the overnight shift in LP back in the 90's. I feel like a lot of young Security Officers get their start working overnight. My next job was big box LP and I worked the morning shift. Then resort security during late-day. My post now varies and involves a lot of travel, but we get housing wherever we have to be. Sometimes I'm gone for months at a time, so I don't really feel like I have normal "shifts" anymore. I'd say 2/3rds of my work is done at night/overnight as of late.

I imagine now-a-days, a lot of places would have 24hr security given the amount of copper thieves and drug activity that may pop up that may have not been the case when I was starting out. (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this one) I remember being an overnight LP was not the norm back when I was doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by rpmacmurphy View Post
        Scheduling basically comes down to who you're working for. There are a lot of posts out there these days, don't be afraid to take the time to find one that fits with your life. I personally prefer nights/overnights.

In my career, I've had shifts of all kinds. Started out working the overnight shift in LP back in the 90's. I feel like a lot of young Security Officers get their start working overnight. My next job was big box LP and I worked the morning shift. Then resort security during late-day. My post now varies and involves a lot of travel, but we get housing wherever we have to be. Sometimes I'm gone for months at a time, so I don't really feel like I have normal "shifts" anymore. I'd say 2/3rds of my work is done at night/overnight as of late.

I imagine now-a-days, a lot of places would have 24hr security given the amount of copper thieves and drug activity that may pop up that may have not been the case when I was starting out. (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this one) I remember being an overnight LP was not the norm back when I was doing it.

While I prefer day shift (I'm not as young as I used to be....) If I had to choose between working overnights and working evenings, I would take overnights in a heartbeat. Evenings basically ruin any form of social life you can hope to have, as well as making simple things more complicated (for example, shopping after work).

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X