Are You Happy With Your Current Job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGuard View Post

By far the easiest job I've ever had but never boring. I cover different banks that are mostly in the hood. Most days are a never ending comedy show with all the crazies walking by. Many say hi and we joke with each other but they know the deal. I am in shape and I take pride in my uniform. Former military, retired LEO. Most customers are just poor, working class, good people that are just happy they can hit the ATM or withdraw some money from inside the bank without the fear of being attacked. As far as stopping any one if they look suspicious, Hell no. I am purely window dressing, the theory being with me outside, any potential robbers will keep it moving and hit the bank without the armed officer.
    What company?

Comment

I love my job. I get paid well, and I actually feel like I'm making a difference.

I've been in the industry for going on nine years now. I was with my previous company for seven. For those seven years, I worked my ass off, climb my way to where I could finally see the top of the mountain, and then it would just come crashing down and I would have to start over again.

I worked for a contract company. I was in school for law enforcement at the time and I was only working as a part-time float at a major skyscraper downtown. To make a long story short, I was homeless for about four months when my parents kicked me out when I came out. I decided to drop out of school, and focus on making a career and having a roof over my head. After that I became a roaming supervisor, going from special to special; bouncing, parties, music gigs, bodyguard work, strikes, loss prevention,campus security, etc. I would work a double, sleep for four, then get called in for another eight. I was young and happy for the hours, though my social life sucked. I settled at a small factory when I got too burnt out from that life. After a while I got bored there and requested a transfer back into something a little more exciting, or at least where I was walking around more.

Enter my first hospital. I immediately fell in love with the job, the people, and - most importantly - my pay. My pay scale was going straight up. The hospital guards were top of the company pay-wise. Within a year I was promoted to corporal, and within a year after that, I was promoted to sergeant, then I was acting lieutenant right before the company lost the contract because G4S was offering a lower bill. Part of the game. I worked at our other hospitals helping them with their transitions to in-house. I had the opportunity to go in-house then, but I decided to stay with my company. Loyalty and all. I wasn't gonna toss seven years out of the window. I ended up working as a roaming supervisor again for about half a year before I finally got the offer at my current hospital.

Looking back, I had so many unique experiences with my previous company, and even though they had a tendency to screw me over; messed up paychecks, refusing time off, preferring to promote/hire from outside rather than in - all in all it was a good way to gain experience. I got to do a lot of things many people will never get to do.

I love my hospital. I knew years ago when I worked my first hospital I'd found my niche. Now I am nearly making double what I made before, I'm better equipped and my coworkers, for the most part, are amazing.

Comment

i dont know if i could work a job that i didnt love.

guess thats why i aint got one.
        the jobs i loved i retired from......fire service and military. not that i made any difference in both, but i gave my all.

as always....be safe and hard work-work

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomX0990 View Post
          ...I was homeless for about four months when my parents kicked me out...
          Wow, just wow. I really don't know if I could do that to one of my kids. Are you still estranged from them?

Comment

Phantom I have been working this security business for 46 years. Every few moons someone steps up to the plate, and Tops in our field
            You are Tops.
            A shout out to Phantom
            http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1348 View Post

Wow, just wow. I really don't know if I could do that to one of my kids. Are you still estranged from them?
              No. Took a while and my grandma dying, but things got fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomX0990 View Post

No. Took a while and my grandma dying, but things got fixed.
                Glad to hear things are okay for you
                Want some snow? Bad a** snow storm here in Massachusetts
                http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X