X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    BOS Handcuffs

I have only ever carried 1 brand and that is BOS - which cost me a shift's $$$ to purchase back in 1993 (same keys as S/W) but apart from training and demonstrations have never needed to use them as we were taught to detain and hold until police arrived unless otherwise necessary. Use of handcuffs here is a big no-no unless you are the police and even special constables (have been before) are restricted to what they can and cannot do.

Leave a comment:

• PSOfficer
    replied
    The product description.... Thats why I like them.

Smith & Wesson model 1 universal double lock satin nickel handcuffs Push-pin double lock design. Universal handcuffs work well for all wrist sizes. These cuffs open 25% larger for big wrists and close 25% smaller for thin wrists. Includes Smith & Wesson's lifetime warranty and instructions.

Leave a comment:

• HospitalOfc.
    replied
    I carry two pair of S&W Model 1 cuffs, 1 pair hinged and 1 chain. I love the Model 1s because they have a slightly bigger bow so thet fit people with larger wrists and are easier to get on a resisting subject. The only problem with them is that because of their size it's hard to find cases that fit.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Without wanting to sound disrespectful... at least he didn't use primordial ooze in his metaphoric analogy
    Good one Mate!
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Warnock View Post
    At times I feel I'm giving dirt a run for its money!
    Without wanting to sound disrespectful... at least he didn't use primordial ooze in his metaphoric analogy

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
    The only things older than me are dirt and Mr. Warnock.
    Curtis, I found my receipt for my first pair of handcuffs, Sep 1968. The ones we used in service were OD American with a God awful looking key.
    At times I feel I'm giving dirt a run for its money!
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• PSOfficer
    replied
    handcuffs

I have two sets of Model 1 S&W hinged cuffs.

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied
    Originally posted by blocka View Post
    Actually I had a mate handcuff me with them the other day and they fitted better on me than the ones we used in the training course I did. And Im no small bloke, Im about 140KG and about 5'5"

But what I actually meant they fit in your hand nice when cuffing others and go on really easy
    I kinda figured that I was just teasin' ya. I

nteresting to hear that they go on easy right of the box (meaning brand new). I remember a few guys who bought their cuffs only spend countless hours cycling them over and over to loosen them up. I never bothered with it.

Leave a comment:

• blocka
    replied
    Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
    How long did you have yourself handcuffed (to the steering wheel?) to come to this conclusion?

ME= Hiatts, chain. twins.

Contemplating ASP's, however would go Peerless if anything else.
    Actually I had a mate handcuff me with them the other day and they fitted better on me than the ones we used in the training course I did. And Im no small bloke, Im about 140KG and about 5'5"

But what I actually meant they fit in your hand nice when cuffing others and go on really easy

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
    That's disappointing... I was looking at a pair of chained ASP tacticals

Those are as old as me
    The only things older than me are dirt and Mr. Warnock.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
    My dad still has a pair he carried back in the day. I wanna way FIE was the branding stamped on them. Anyhow, "back in the day" before all this warm hearted, hug and release police nonsense, dad used this pair for those persons who were especially troublesome to cooperatively submit to handcuffing. The painful little edge on the inner edge of cuff gave more than a few a reminder.

Now, before everyone starts lighting up their political correctness bon fires, and marching up to my castle in a quasi formation closely ressembling a mob at midnight, torches in hand. Calm down. The little edge didn't draw blood or chop people's wrist's off. It just hurt like hell when the cuffs were tweeked because someone wasn't obeying the lawful orders given. Like, Stop fighting me...

again, this was back in the day, not currently being done...

Get it???
    Not to worry. I haven't cleaned mine since they were new (1972). They still contain trace amounts of skin and blood. The hell with PC!

Leave a comment:

• jeff194307
    replied
    I don't carry any now, but in corrections it was always peerless. Some guys carried S&W, but I believe that Peerless are the best.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by publicsafetyred View Post
    We were issued a set for one of our quarterly training weeks and almost all the sets broke. Mine didn't but most of the others bent on the dual-band side rendering them unusable.

We did contact ASP and they said it was our handcuffing technique. That we should never try to handcuff a resiting subject. Well that maybe so in some training circles, but we NEVER had a single problem with our Peerless.
    That's disappointing... I was looking at a pair of chained ASP tacticals

Originally posted by Security Consultant
    I still like my Detective Romo's.
    Those are as old as me

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied
    My dad still has a pair he carried back in the day. I wanna way FIE was the branding stamped on them. Anyhow, "back in the day" before all this warm hearted, hug and release police nonsense, dad used this pair for those persons who were especially troublesome to cooperatively submit to handcuffing. The painful little edge on the inner edge of cuff gave more than a few a reminder.

Now, before everyone starts lighting up their political correctness bon fires, and marching up to my castle in a quasi formation closely ressembling a mob at midnight, torches in hand. Calm down. The little edge didn't draw blood or chop people's wrist's off. It just hurt like hell when the cuffs were tweeked because someone wasn't obeying the lawful orders given. Like, Stop fighting me...

again, this was back in the day, not currently being done...

Get it???

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    I still like my Detective Romo's.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X