Handcuffs what do you carry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

handcuffs

I have two sets of Model 1 S&W hinged cuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
      The only things older than me are dirt and Mr. Warnock.
      Curtis, I found my receipt for my first pair of handcuffs, Sep 1968. The ones we used in service were OD American with a God awful looking key.
      At times I feel I'm giving dirt a run for its money!
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock View Post
        At times I feel I'm giving dirt a run for its money!
        Without wanting to sound disrespectful... at least he didn't use primordial ooze in his metaphoric analogy
        "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
          Without wanting to sound disrespectful... at least he didn't use primordial ooze in his metaphoric analogy
          Good one Mate!
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

I carry two pair of S&W Model 1 cuffs, 1 pair hinged and 1 chain. I love the Model 1s because they have a slightly bigger bow so thet fit people with larger wrists and are easier to get on a resisting subject. The only problem with them is that because of their size it's hard to find cases that fit.
            Drew Neckar
            Hospital Security Supervisor
            ---------------------------------------------------

Always forgive your enemies--nothing annoys them so much.
            --Oscar Wilde—

Comment

The product description.... Thats why I like them.

Smith & Wesson model 1 universal double lock satin nickel handcuffs Push-pin double lock design. Universal handcuffs work well for all wrist sizes. These cuffs open 25% larger for big wrists and close 25% smaller for thin wrists. Includes Smith & Wesson's lifetime warranty and instructions.

Comment

BOS Handcuffs

I have only ever carried 1 brand and that is BOS - which cost me a shift's $$$ to purchase back in 1993 (same keys as S/W) but apart from training and demonstrations have never needed to use them as we were taught to detain and hold until police arrived unless otherwise necessary. Use of handcuffs here is a big no-no unless you are the police and even special constables (have been before) are restricted to what they can and cannot do.
                "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X