Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEO_09
    replied
    I have a pair of smith and wessons, and a set of asps. The asps are nice because they fit a larger veriety of sized people than the smiths.

Leave a comment:

• OccamsRazor
    Guest replied
    Peerless, the new ones plated black. Whoop.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    1 set of Hiatts, and a set up ASP with the chain. LOVE the double sides keyhole on both cuffs.

Leave a comment:

• tlangsr
    replied
    we have had many inmates threaten to sue. and when we have brought it up we were asked if they were our friends.

Leave a comment:

• SecureTN
    replied
    No, but I bet it sucks...

Leave a comment:

• tlangsr
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Um, you're supposed to remove handcuffs after a few hours, they're temporary restraints?
    not when you are transporting inmates. we had some guys with us, in black box restraints, for 5 days.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by tlangsr
    Those Black boxes can be a pain. Ever see someone after a week of having one on?
    Um, you're supposed to remove handcuffs after a few hours, they're temporary restraints?

Leave a comment:

• tlangsr
    replied
    Originally posted by SecureTN
    I carry one set of S&W Chain cuffs, and one set of Leg Irons (S&W I think), one black box, one waist chain, and one Master padlock. I have 23 more sets of each in a cage in my office.
    Those Black boxes can be a pain. Ever see someone after a week of having one on?

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by wilrobnson
    My old department switched to them just after I left; one of my really good friends who still works there tells me they found you can pick them with a paperclip in under 20 seconds.
    When attending the sheriff's academy albeit in 1970, we were taught to use plastic electrical tape to cover the keyway on our handcuffs. Today, they make keyway covers for most types of handcuffs.
    With the US Marshals Service, we were shown a myriad of devices ranging from simple to ingenious built in prisons and on the street or confiscated from prisoners both in federal, state and local facilities meant to be secreted on the body or in one of its cavities suitable for unlocking all but the cam operated ratchets.
    If only that genious could be put to better use.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• SecureTN
    replied
    I carry one set of S&W Chain cuffs, and one set of Leg Irons (S&W I think), one black box, one waist chain, and one Master padlock. I have 23 more sets of each in a cage in my office.

Leave a comment:

• tlangsr
    replied
    Originally posted by wilrobnson
    My old department switched to them just after I left; one of my really good friends who still works there tells me they found you can pick them with a paperclip in under 20 seconds.

That's what I figured when I went and got my smiths. ASP looks pretty cool but won't be effective unless you were to use some other restraint system. (black box)

Leave a comment:

• OccamsRazor
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by tlangsr
    Never used ASP but I don't like the Idea of the keyholes being on bothe sides and in the middle of the cuff. Can anyone else tell me if they are any good?

Leave a comment:

• tlangsr
    replied
    Originally posted by GCMC Security
    S&W's looking into switching to ASP have heard they are good.
    Never used ASP but I don't like the Idea of the keyholes being on bothe sides and in the middle of the cuff. Can anyone else tell me if they are any good?

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    S&W's looking into switching to ASP have heard they are good.

Leave a comment:

• james2go30
    replied
    yup

we are not allowed to detain so we don't carry handcuffs. Now if I am ever on a post where that is an option...I'll ask you guys about which ones are best.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X