Handcuffs what do you carry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASP's not so good... for us

We currently issue Peerless and I like them. Much more of a smooth action than S&W. We were going to switch to the ASP's for a few reasons, mostly cost and weight. We were issued a set for one of our quarterly training weeks and almost all the sets broke. Mine didn't but most of the others bent on the dual-band side rendering them unusable.

We did contact ASP and they said it was our handcuffing technique. That we should never try to handcuff a resiting subject. Well that maybe so in some training circles, but we NEVER had a single problem with our Peerless.

California Security Blog
    Domain Registration Services

Comment

Originally posted by publicsafetyred View Post

We did contact ASP and they said it was our handcuffing technique. That we should never try to handcuff a resiting subject. Well that maybe so in some training circles, but we NEVER had a single problem with our Peerless.
      Oh yes sir ASP-guy. Because no one resists when they are going to get locked up...
      "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
      some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

No cuffs here. We are observe and report only.
        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
          No cuffs here. We are observe and report only.
          From time to time I take O&R gigs on my nights off. For some funny reason I still carry at least one set of cuffs.... and my gun. I know why the gun, but I can't explain the cuffs.

California Security Blog
          Domain Registration Services

Comment

From time to time I take O&R gigs on my nights off. For some funny reason I still carry at least one set of cuffs.... and my gun. I know why the gun, but I can't explain the cuffs.
            Carrying a gun on client property is a termination offense. If a coworker sees it and rats you out you are gonna be looking for another job.
            Hospital Security Officer

Comment

My main set are Hiatts hinged, and my backup set are Hiatts chained.
              "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by blocka View Post
                Currently I carry the Chained ASP Cuffs, they feel great
                How long did you have yourself handcuffed (to the steering wheel?) to come to this conclusion?

ME= Hiatts, chain. twins.

Contemplating ASP's, however would go Peerless if anything else.
                Last edited by ValleyOne; 09-23-2007, 10:21 AM.
                ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

I still like my Detective Romo's.
                  Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                  Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

My dad still has a pair he carried back in the day. I wanna way FIE was the branding stamped on them. Anyhow, "back in the day" before all this warm hearted, hug and release police nonsense, dad used this pair for those persons who were especially troublesome to cooperatively submit to handcuffing. The painful little edge on the inner edge of cuff gave more than a few a reminder.

Now, before everyone starts lighting up their political correctness bon fires, and marching up to my castle in a quasi formation closely ressembling a mob at midnight, torches in hand. Calm down. The little edge didn't draw blood or chop people's wrist's off. It just hurt like hell when the cuffs were tweeked because someone wasn't obeying the lawful orders given. Like, Stop fighting me...

again, this was back in the day, not currently being done...

Get it???
                    ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                    Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Comment

We were issued a set for one of our quarterly training weeks and almost all the sets broke. Mine didn't but most of the others bent on the dual-band side rendering them unusable.

That's disappointing... I was looking at a pair of chained ASP tacticals

Originally posted by Security Consultant
                      I still like my Detective Romo's.
                      Those are as old as me
                      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

I don't carry any now, but in corrections it was always peerless. Some guys carried S&W, but I believe that Peerless are the best.
                        Murphy was an optomist.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
                          My dad still has a pair he carried back in the day. I wanna way FIE was the branding stamped on them. Anyhow, "back in the day" before all this warm hearted, hug and release police nonsense, dad used this pair for those persons who were especially troublesome to cooperatively submit to handcuffing. The painful little edge on the inner edge of cuff gave more than a few a reminder.

Now, before everyone starts lighting up their political correctness bon fires, and marching up to my castle in a quasi formation closely ressembling a mob at midnight, torches in hand. Calm down. The little edge didn't draw blood or chop people's wrist's off. It just hurt like hell when the cuffs were tweeked because someone wasn't obeying the lawful orders given. Like, Stop fighting me...

again, this was back in the day, not currently being done...

Get it???
                          Not to worry. I haven't cleaned mine since they were new (1972). They still contain trace amounts of skin and blood. The hell with PC!

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
                            That's disappointing... I was looking at a pair of chained ASP tacticals

Those are as old as me
                            The only things older than me are dirt and Mr. Warnock.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
                              How long did you have yourself handcuffed (to the steering wheel?) to come to this conclusion?

ME= Hiatts, chain. twins.

Contemplating ASP's, however would go Peerless if anything else.
                              Actually I had a mate handcuff me with them the other day and they fitted better on me than the ones we used in the training course I did. And Im no small bloke, Im about 140KG and about 5'5"

But what I actually meant they fit in your hand nice when cuffing others and go on really easy

Comment

Originally posted by blocka View Post
                                Actually I had a mate handcuff me with them the other day and they fitted better on me than the ones we used in the training course I did. And Im no small bloke, Im about 140KG and about 5'5"

But what I actually meant they fit in your hand nice when cuffing others and go on really easy
                                I kinda figured that I was just teasin' ya. I

nteresting to hear that they go on easy right of the box (meaning brand new). I remember a few guys who bought their cuffs only spend countless hours cycling them over and over to loosen them up. I never bothered with it.
                                ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                                Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X