• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ValleyOne
    replied
    Originally posted by blocka View Post
    Currently I carry the Chained ASP Cuffs, they feel great
    How long did you have yourself handcuffed (to the steering wheel?) to come to this conclusion?

ME= Hiatts, chain. twins.

Contemplating ASP's, however would go Peerless if anything else.
    Last edited by ValleyOne; 09-23-2007, 10:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    My main set are Hiatts hinged, and my backup set are Hiatts chained.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Originally posted by publicsafetyred View Post
    From time to time I take O&R gigs on my nights off. For some funny reason I still carry at least one set of cuffs.... and my gun. I know why the gun, but I can't explain the cuffs.
    Carrying a gun on client property is a termination offense. If a coworker sees it and rats you out you are gonna be looking for another job.

Leave a comment:

• publicsafetyred
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
    No cuffs here. We are observe and report only.
    From time to time I take O&R gigs on my nights off. For some funny reason I still carry at least one set of cuffs.... and my gun. I know why the gun, but I can't explain the cuffs.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    No cuffs here. We are observe and report only.

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    Originally posted by publicsafetyred View Post

We did contact ASP and they said it was our handcuffing technique. That we should never try to handcuff a resiting subject. Well that maybe so in some training circles, but we NEVER had a single problem with our Peerless.
    Oh yes sir ASP-guy. Because no one resists when they are going to get locked up...

Leave a comment:

• publicsafetyred
    replied
    ASP's not so good... for us

We currently issue Peerless and I like them. Much more of a smooth action than S&W. We were going to switch to the ASP's for a few reasons, mostly cost and weight. We were issued a set for one of our quarterly training weeks and almost all the sets broke. Mine didn't but most of the others bent on the dual-band side rendering them unusable.

We did contact ASP and they said it was our handcuffing technique. That we should never try to handcuff a resiting subject. Well that maybe so in some training circles, but we NEVER had a single problem with our Peerless.

Leave a comment:

• blocka
    replied
    Currently I carry the Chained ASP Cuffs, they feel great have only used them twice but they seem like great quality Im thinking bout getting the hinged version for my second pair

Leave a comment:

• CAPTAIN KOOLAID
    replied
    I carry

(2) pair of smith wesson model m 100 stainless steel hand cuffs.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    That's the pair I have. I received a notice that the locking mechanism could be updated w/o charge by ASP. However, that was NOT the reason they gave. The message I received questioned the durability of the mechanism, not the security. Since mine worked fine, I disregarded the notice. I'll have to revisit this problem.
    Get them switched, there's way too much anecdotal evidence that the yellow eyes will basically fall out.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce
    the first edition asp cuffs where pick able. i think they were called (yellow eye) as that was the color of the indicator.....

now they are (red eyes) on the second series as to help identify them from the first set, they have fixed the problem with the first set

i may have reversed the eye colors.... but it is one way or the other yellow/red red/yellow
    That's the pair I have. I received a notice that the locking mechanism could be updated w/o charge by ASP. However, that was NOT the reason they gave. The message I received questioned the durability of the mechanism, not the security. Since mine worked fine, I disregarded the notice. I'll have to revisit this problem.

Leave a comment:

• Crimkeeper1
    replied
    A pair of Smith + wesson, as well as some back up pairs of flex cuffs.

Leave a comment:

• Echos13
    replied
    HWC, who ever they hell they are. I think the C means cheap.

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    the first edition asp cuffs where pick able. i think they were called (yellow eye) as that was the color of the indicator.....

now they are (red eyes) on the second series as to help identify them from the first set, they have fixed the problem with the first set

i may have reversed the eye colors.... but it is one way or the other yellow/red red/yellow

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by wilrobnson
    My old department switched to them just after I left; one of my really good friends who still works there tells me they found you can pick them with a paperclip in under 20 seconds.
    I'd like to see that. I have a pair and this is the first time I've heard that.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X