Handcuffs what do you carry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tlangsr
    Those Black boxes can be a pain. Ever see someone after a week of having one on?
    Um, you're supposed to remove handcuffs after a few hours, they're temporary restraints?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      Um, you're supposed to remove handcuffs after a few hours, they're temporary restraints?
      not when you are transporting inmates. we had some guys with us, in black box restraints, for 5 days.
      Todd

Comment

No, but I bet it sucks...
        "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

we have had many inmates threaten to sue. and when we have brought it up we were asked if they were our friends.
          Todd

Comment

1 set of Hiatts, and a set up ASP with the chain. LOVE the double sides keyhole on both cuffs.
            "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Peerless, the new ones plated black. Whoop.

Comment

I have a pair of smith and wessons, and a set of asps. The asps are nice because they fit a larger veriety of sized people than the smiths.
                Keeping the parking lots safe, hallways moving and the Chik Fil A busy.

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
                  My old department switched to them just after I left; one of my really good friends who still works there tells me they found you can pick them with a paperclip in under 20 seconds.
                  I'd like to see that. I have a pair and this is the first time I've heard that.
                  Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

the first edition asp cuffs where pick able. i think they were called (yellow eye) as that was the color of the indicator.....

now they are (red eyes) on the second series as to help identify them from the first set, they have fixed the problem with the first set

i may have reversed the eye colors.... but it is one way or the other yellow/red red/yellow
                    Its not how we die that counts.....
                    Its not how we lived that counts....
                    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

HWC, who ever they hell they are. I think the C means cheap.
                      My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

A pair of Smith + wesson, as well as some back up pairs of flex cuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce
                          the first edition asp cuffs where pick able. i think they were called (yellow eye) as that was the color of the indicator.....

now they are (red eyes) on the second series as to help identify them from the first set, they have fixed the problem with the first set

i may have reversed the eye colors.... but it is one way or the other yellow/red red/yellow
                          That's the pair I have. I received a notice that the locking mechanism could be updated w/o charge by ASP. However, that was NOT the reason they gave. The message I received questioned the durability of the mechanism, not the security. Since mine worked fine, I disregarded the notice. I'll have to revisit this problem.
                          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                            That's the pair I have. I received a notice that the locking mechanism could be updated w/o charge by ASP. However, that was NOT the reason they gave. The message I received questioned the durability of the mechanism, not the security. Since mine worked fine, I disregarded the notice. I'll have to revisit this problem.
                            Get them switched, there's way too much anecdotal evidence that the yellow eyes will basically fall out.
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I carry

(2) pair of smith wesson model m 100 stainless steel hand cuffs.
                              CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Currently I carry the Chained ASP Cuffs, they feel great have only used them twice but they seem like great quality Im thinking bout getting the hinged version for my second pair

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X