Handcuffs what do you carry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handcuffs what do you carry ?

I carry two pair peerless chain - blue steel/black finish - on break away snaps
    i carry i pair smith wesson chain - blue steel - concealed in pants or jacket.

in total i usually carry 3 pairs as i have been in stituations where i have had to detian 3 or more people, and via carrying 3 pairs i can safely detian 6 people using the POST belt loop back to back method although it is not recommend as it can still be a little dangerous but it is safer then having a group of 3 people not in cuffs :P

all in all just wondering what your opinion on the cuffs, are...

i like peerless better.
    my ACT instructor whom was fromer marine and swat officer with ogden pd, told me the double lock on his smith and wesson broke once, while walking up a flight of stairs when they dropped out of his paddle holster.
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

I carry a set of S&W Tacticals, Chain.
    Todd

Comment

Detective Romo's - They have served me well since 1971.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Honestly, I have no idea...

Mine are company bought, but they have no manufacturer's TM on them, only a serial number...
        “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
        "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Originally posted by flashlightcop509
          Honestly, I have no idea...

Mine are company bought, but they have no manufacturer's TM on them, only a serial number...
          Look for the words "FURY" in small print, it'll be a cheap stamp.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Nope, no "Fury" to be found, only "Taiwan" stamped in letters about 1/64" tall; I don't believe they're cheapies tho, pretty sturdy hinged type... However, I haven't had to use them yet so who knows how they'll hold up...
            “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
            "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Originally posted by flashlightcop509
              Nope, no "Fury" to be found, only "Taiwan" stamped in letters about 1/64" tall; I don't believe they're cheapies tho, pretty sturdy hinged type... However, I haven't had to use them yet so who knows how they'll hold up...
              They're probably copies of Smith or something. A lot of ROC stuff is "you hand us something, we will make 1000 more."
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

yup

we are not allowed to detain so we don't carry handcuffs. Now if I am ever on a post where that is an option...I'll ask you guys about which ones are best.

Comment

S&W's looking into switching to ASP have heard they are good.

Comment

Originally posted by GCMC Security
                    S&W's looking into switching to ASP have heard they are good.
                    Never used ASP but I don't like the Idea of the keyholes being on bothe sides and in the middle of the cuff. Can anyone else tell me if they are any good?
                    Todd

Comment

Originally posted by tlangsr
                      Never used ASP but I don't like the Idea of the keyholes being on bothe sides and in the middle of the cuff. Can anyone else tell me if they are any good?
                      My old department switched to them just after I left; one of my really good friends who still works there tells me they found you can pick them with a paperclip in under 20 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
                        My old department switched to them just after I left; one of my really good friends who still works there tells me they found you can pick them with a paperclip in under 20 seconds.

That's what I figured when I went and got my smiths. ASP looks pretty cool but won't be effective unless you were to use some other restraint system. (black box)
                        Todd

Comment

I carry one set of S&W Chain cuffs, and one set of Leg Irons (S&W I think), one black box, one waist chain, and one Master padlock. I have 23 more sets of each in a cage in my office.
                          "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
                            When attending the sheriff's academy albeit in 1970, we were taught to use plastic electrical tape to cover the keyway on our handcuffs. Today, they make keyway covers for most types of handcuffs.
                            With the US Marshals Service, we were shown a myriad of devices ranging from simple to ingenious built in prisons and on the street or confiscated from prisoners both in federal, state and local facilities meant to be secreted on the body or in one of its cavities suitable for unlocking all but the cam operated ratchets.
                            If only that genious could be put to better use.
                            Enjoy the day,
                            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by SecureTN
                              I carry one set of S&W Chain cuffs, and one set of Leg Irons (S&W I think), one black box, one waist chain, and one Master padlock. I have 23 more sets of each in a cage in my office.
                              Those Black boxes can be a pain. Ever see someone after a week of having one on?
                              Todd

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X