this is a great topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is a great topic

What is the the S/O job? Safety or Security?
    Todd

Originally posted by tlangsr
    What is the the S/O job? Safety or Security?
    Both, at my site.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

As I think it should be at all sites but my client doesn't seem to agree.
      Todd

Comment

Both at my hotels too. But then again we're In-House. i believe that security working with the public shoud be first responders for all emergencies. Some don't agree. Right Nathan?
        Last edited by HotelSecurity; 02-27-2007, 07:05 PM.
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

well when ever i right up safety hazards Trips, Slips and Potential fall hazards the client tells me he isn't going to fix it right now he will do it when he is ready I should worry about security, and that if i don't like it i can leave. I just told my supervisor I would let him know about my concerns instead of righting the IR
          Todd

Comment

for the record

Originally posted by tlangsr
            well when ever i right up safety hazards Trips, Slips and Potential fall hazards the client tells me he isn't going to fix it right now he will do it when he is ready I should worry about security, and that if i don't like it i can leave. I just told my supervisor I would let him know about my concerns instead of righting the IR
            safety and security. Had that problem at my site...well up until I became site supervisor and I got to handle the clien politics. All those that didn't want to corect safety issues when they were brought up have a new attitude. After speaking with their dept. heads and the association manager...well they step up quick when safety issues are mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by james2go30
              safety and security. Had that problem at my site...well up until I became site supervisor and I got to handle the clien politics. All those that didn't want to corect safety issues when they were brought up have a new attitude. After speaking with their dept. heads and the association manager...well they step up quick when safety issues are mentioned.

he is a dept. head. I can't wait until someone goes to OSHA.
              Todd

Comment

One thing i have learned form working for the same client for 14 years. I give suggestions and reccomendations to my client... When he says don't worry about a particular thing I docuemnt it and let my company know.

Comment

Originally posted by Security Vet
                  One thing i have learned form working for the same client for 14 years. I give suggestions and reccomendations to my client... When he says don't worry about a particular thing I docuemnt it and let my company know.
                  Good idea. When things go wrong, it's amazing how fast crap runs down hill.
                  Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                  Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant
                    "Guard never told us."
                    "Guard stopped reporting it. Since we told you the guard will report it every night, we thought it was fixed."

Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant
                      Security Consultant, a greater truth has never been written.
                      Some supervisors and/or clients will insist you did not bring a certain matter to their conscience level of understanding. I got around this by maintaining an active notebook and having anyone involved not only read the report submitted but to initial the entries in my notebook.
                      The old saw holds forth, "If you don't want to see the Genie, don't rub the (Expletive) lamp!"
                      Enjoy the day,
                      Bill

Comment

hey

luckily for me the property I work is pretty sweet. The company that manages the property manages several other sets of condo properties up and down the beach, however for the most part each property has a different owners association. And the owners association on the property that I work are pretty fe up with management companies "GOD COMPLEX" as one of the owners stated. So after their last meeting and then after the problems I was having things turned out much better.

Comment

My site is at jeopardy right now. I think the only reason we still have it is because the staff likes 3 of our officers. we have a lot of s**tbags in the Co. that like to f*** it up for those of us who actually care.
                          Todd

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X