Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

robot-security 'droid in SF smeared with feces and forced off streets by locals!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robot-security 'droid in SF smeared with feces and forced off streets by locals!

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/156457419

Why would they expect the locals to treat a 'droid any diff than a human?

Yes, human feces is the weapon of choice in 2018's "The Streets of San Francisco".

When they are deploying robots against "homeless" you know we are getting close to Skynet/Soylent Green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geol8k3rsLM

"send in the scoops"
    Last edited by Squid; 01-12-2018, 07:01 PM.

Originally posted by Squid View Post
    http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/156457419

Why would they expect the locals to treat a 'droid any diff than a human?

Yes, human feces is the weapon of choice in 2018's "The Streets of San Francisco".

When they are deploying robots against "homeless" you know we are getting close to Skynet/Soylent Green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geol8k3rsLM

"send in the scoops"
    Welcome back.

Was that a S.tandard O. perating P. rocedure E. nforcement R.obot that had the poop smeared all over its face?

Comment

Squid,

If you are going to post non security nonsense, post it in the off duty forum.

First request.

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
        Squid,

If you are going to post non security nonsense, post it in the off duty forum.

First request.
        It's not nonsecurity nonsense. The robot was fielded SPECIFICALLY as a security measure as essentially a mobile CCTV. It was discontinued because the Homeless complained that it was targeting them.

So is there a problem with the question I asked Squid about the robot's designation?

Comment

Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post

Welcome back.

Was that a S.tandard O. perating P. rocedure E. nforcement R.obot that had the poop smeared all over its face?
          Quite likely. I'm remembering the Star Trek where most of the crew is replaced by an "M-5" super computer that goes nuts. Kirk corners the genius designer and it turns out he used his own "engrams"(personality) to program it.

I think its kinda funny the SPCA (be kind to animals before gassing them) has a robot to harass humans, since there is obviously an over population of "strays" of human species. The whole thing is just lutz.

If they are homeless, why not make THEM the "security"?

Personally I've had nothing but great encounters with SF homeless and use them as Force Multipliers against real criminals in exchange for filling up their water jugs, and exchanging phone numbers, passing out spare food, etc. Food is kinda a prob for many because most stores will bar them from entry. I was myself sleeping on-site at a remodel industrial "loft" type building, with Land Line phone etc and told them I'd be able to actually get cops on scene if needed, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post

Quite likely. I'm remembering the Star Trek where most of the crew is replaced by an "M-5" super computer that goes nuts. Kirk corners the genius designer and it turns out he used his own "engrams"(personality) to program it.
            [..]
            Maybe the homeless will start defeating the security robots by using logic.....

Comment

Originally posted by Consolewatcher View Post

Maybe the homeless will start defeating the security robots by using logic.....
              Robots like that aren't very smart. Defeating it with logic shouldn't be too hard

Comment

Originally posted by Ingio Montoya View Post

Robots like that aren't very smart. Defeating it with logic shouldn't be too hard
                AI will quickly learn, since most people at a given level will react predictably. IMO most security managers would love to have "operators" who consistently respond to given situation with a programed scripted action.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X